• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favourite Water Type Pokemon ?

Kirinriki

Double Trouble
My favorite Water type is Gastrodon. I love how weird and alien it looks, especially its face. I like the colors of the east sea form the most, but prefer the body style of the west sea form.

Other water types that I like include Floatzel, Samurott, Palkia, and Greninja.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Milotic and Starmie

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Gyarados, Lapras and Lanturn. Gyarados because it absolutely dominates as soon as it evolves, and it's often my go-to Water-type for OR/AS. Lapras because of it's major role in the Orange Islands saga of the anime, and Lanturn because it's a surprisingly great Pokemon with an awesome typing that I'm surprised isn't used more often. I remember seeing a HG/SS walkthrough on Youtube years ago where the player used a Lanturn with Stockpile, Blizzard, Thunder and Surf against Lance's team, and it just bulldozed through them without needing to switch to any other Pokemon. So I tried it myself, spending the first few turns setting up stockpile then killing everything with Blizzard and Thunder, and it's a pretty effective strategy.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
All the pinnipeds.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Gen 1.Lapras

Gen 2.Quagsire or Feraligater

Gen 3.Swampert or Crawdaunt

Gen 4.Floatzel

Gen 5.Seismitoad

Gen 6.Clawitzer

Gen 7.Golisopod

RoughCoronet0

Dragon lover
Hm, My top ten for water Pokemon would be....

10. Milotic (I love sea dragon like Pokemon and this Pokemon combines that with mermaid elements. I really dig it)
9. Gyarados (The OG sea dragon Pokemon, what’s not to like?)
8. Sharpedo (I have always liked sharks, and collecting shark teeth. And edgy looking Pokemon are often favorites of mine)
7. Vaporeon (I love all the eeveelutions)
6. Seismitoad (This one just gives me strong Naruto vibes and since it’s one of my favorite anime, it’s hard not to like it)
5. Lapras (A Pokemon that the anime really helped in solidifying my love for it. Also because I love Cryptids and it’s basically Nessie)
4. Kingdra (Sea dragon again, only this time it’s actually a dragon type?! Sign me up!)
3. Wishiwashi (So adorable and it’s schooling form is really unique and creative. Plus it’s funny seeing in on a team of powerhouses and it’s just a tiny fish.)
2. Primarina (All three starters of Alola are favorites of mine, and this siren selkie is no exception)
1. Samurott (My favorite Unova starter, I have so many fond memories of using this Pokemon in my White and Black 2 playthroughs.)

Last edited:

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Even though it's my least favorite type, I might as well give this a go:

Gen I - Kabutops
Gen II - Octillery
Gen III - Milotic
Gen IV - Floatzel
Gen V - Samurott
Gen VI - Clawitzer
Gen VII - Golisopod
Gen VIII - Barraskewda

Last edited:

Kansas

Kansas City Chiefs
Kanto - Tentacruel
Johto - Feraligatr
Hoenn - Kyogre
Sinnoh - Manaphy
Unova - Samurott
Kalos - Skrelp
Alola - Popplio

Leonhart

Imagineer
My favorite Water-types from each generation would be:

Gen I: Tattu (Horsea)
Gen II: Mantine
Gen III: Huntail
Gen IV: Manaphy
Gen V: Pururiru (Frillish)
Gen VI: Udeppou (Clauncher)
Gen VII: Ashimari (Popplio)
Gen VIII: Sashikamasu (Arrokuda)

Alita54

My second favorite type. Another hard choice but overall I would say vaporeon. Honorary mentions to (Primal) Kyogre, pelipper, Squirtle, wartortle, (Mega) Blastoise, (Mega) swampert, primarina, Toxapex and it'e pre evo, suicune, poliwrath, politoed, (Mega) Gyarados, Tapu Fini, and likely more that I can't think of lol.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
While I'd say Empoleon and Kyogre are my most favorite water-types to fight with, I'd give my most favorite Water Pokémon ever award to the Wooper and Quagsire family. Those two are as chill as an ice cube on the arctic shelf on a winter's night: you just can't keep those things down.

That and they can make a transforming Ditto feel right at home.