• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favurite person that beat ash

Favourite league rival that beat Ash

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aegiscalibur

Add Witty Title Here
Trollbias, who else? He knows how the game is played.

Alain is a typical edgy stoic nigh-invincible glorified character. But don't worry, he's a good person deep down because we can't have any moral controversy. Add in the blatant Charizard marketing and you get a character impossible to relate to.

nickdt

Since this is a league thing, i say Tyson or Harrisson (Both are tyed)

If we don't include the League, hands down Paul.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Tobias cuz even tho he swept Ash's team easily, I enjoyed watching his Darkrai and Latios battle and he seemed like a nice guy by the end.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Probably Alain, since it he was the only one who was a character before he was a dream crusher.

Not necessarily an interesting character for everyone, but at least he existed prior to the league.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
No League: Paul

With the league: Tied with Harrison and Tobias

Litleonid

Harrison. He was just such a nice guy who acted as a peacekeeper and gave us a great battle against Ash, though wasn't OP like Alain or Tobias.

knightwolf09

Oh come on, why isn't Tyson more popular? He was the only character that I was okay with beating Ash, because they were so even with each other, and his Meowth was cool.

Litleonid

Oh come on, why isn't Tyson more popular? He was the only character that I was okay with beating Ash, because they were so even with each other, and his Meowth was cool.
He comes in second for me at least! Its hard to say beyond that cause I hate the rest, especially Alain.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
I found Tyson incredibly bland and uninteresting

Tyson is just a decent enough character for me, but not my favorite though. I would put him somewhere in the middle, but not near the top.

SoundVoltex

Sigh...

If I had to choose, it would be Alain. Simply the most developed rival that Ash lost to. Anyone else had very little to no development prior to facing Ash.

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
Alain as annoying as it was that he won. He practically has specials dedicated to him and I really liked getting an idea of his character before he even came into the Ash show.

sandtreamftw

On and Off Trainer
Alain, its not even a question. Harrison and Tyson were just the generic nice competitors Ash met and befriended only to never be seen again(Atleast Harrison gave us our first look at Blaziken). Cameron was a joke and Trollbias was a plot device. Richie may fall into the same category as Harrison and Tyson, but atleast he could relate to Ash given they are the same age and have reunited along the way.
Alain is the only one to go through any kind of character arc amongst the people who beat Ash and still remain relevant following his victory.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Alain, its not even a question. Harrison and Tyson were just the generic nice competitors Ash met and befriended only to never be seen again(Atleast Harrison gave us our first look at Blaziken). Cameron was a joke and Trollbias was a plot device. Richie may fall into the same category as Harrison and Tyson, but atleast he could relate to Ash given they are the same age and have reunited along the way..

I kind of preferred it when the characters that beat Ash were older, it implied that Ash was still talented but needed more experience, and suggested there could be hope for Ash to reach their level eventually. Especially as it seemed that Ash might have pushed them harder than any of their other opponents. It was also nice to see Ash play that role for inexperienced-seeming rivals like Sawyer and Morrison. Unlike Cameron, who was a more exaggerated version of Ash's faults but got through with raw power or Ritchie who was to similar to Ash in kindness, but seemed genuinely better prepared/smarter. Those losses implied that Ash was just plain worse than his rivals.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
When you realize that some people actually voted Cameron.

Anyways, I'm going with Alain. Good development and an enjoyable character with a pretty strong team. His character is really well done and though I'm still butthurt about Ash losing to him, doesn't change the fact that Alain is still a great character.

Tobias!! As a kid i didnt expect for someone to have his pokemon in team in the anime, so it was cool! And Richie!! Im fond of the older pokemon anime haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.