• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fear Factor Phony! (423)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Fear Factor Phony!

On their way to the Battle Arena, Ash & Co. come across a Ghost Town. In the town there is a mansion with music playing out of it and inside, Psychic Pokémon dancing to the music. However the Ghost Pokémon in the town have a problem with this and intend to stop the Psychic Pokémon. Can Ash & Co. stop the fighting?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

B

Blaziken master

So that is why the pokemon were dancing!Oh well looks like a good ep

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Yeah especially since this episode starts with one foot in the grade (>< bad pun) with lack of Sabrina showing up. Still, there's nothing like Pokemon beating on each other (something we've had a serious lack of throughout the series) to make an episode great. Add a bit of comedy and I really don't care if Sabrina shows up or not.

JazzJazz

Did my prediction come true... with the psychic and ghost-types uniting in the end to "blast-off" Team Rocket? It just seems like a given.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Did my prediction come true... with the psychic and ghost-types uniting in the end to "blast-off" Team Rocket? It just seems like a given.
you forgot the obvious they become friends in the end part.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
JazzJazz said:

That's not so much a prediction as it is stating the obvious. We've all watched this show enough times now to have a pretty good idea how each filler will end.

Last edited:

Golden Darkness

Spikeshell Trainer
Actually, the psychics are the only ones to blast off Team Rocket.

And not only that... when the psychics are captured by Team Rocket, it was Wobbuffet that frees them.

Last edited:

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Golden Darkness said:
And not only that... when the psychics are captured by Team Rocket, it was Wobbuffet that frees them.
Ohh, a very awesome occurance indeed.
I'm assuming Wobbuffet's psychic type WAS finally adressed after all then?

JazzJazz

Golden Darkness said:

Was it an accident or did wobbuffet actually want to help them?

Heracross

Custom User Title
Well, this episode was prett good. Pokémon in need of screen time got screen time, Soonansu was cool, and the animation was well done. And I like the music they use at the beginning of the episode. It always makes me think of the beginning of the Coil/Rarecoil episode. XD

Andyhaunt

Cascade Trainer
How´s that nobody has said this before?? WOBBUFFET FINALLY USED AN ATTACKING MOVE. It broke the cage with Tackle/Double-Edge/Skull Bash/Head-Butt whatever

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Eh, the whole plot concerning the 'war' between both types of pokémon was pretty weak, and rather cliché. We didn't really get to see either group do anything all that interesting, apart from Kirlia's cgi reflect move, which was moderatly impressive I suppose. Not to mention the illusionary giant Haunter, which was very well animated~

However, I really enjoyed the scenes Wobbuffet and Kirlia had together, and I also liked the fact that Wobbuffet wasn't instantly rejected or anything. I've come to expect that to happen to all the 'bad' or 'weird' pokémon that fall in love during this series, so its nice to see they can break away from the norm in cases like this. What I found most impressive though, was the fact that they had Wobbuffet go against its very nature just to free Kirlia and the others. I have to say, that was pretty damn cool. Kinda sucked how the psychic pokémon had the nerve to tred all over him as they made thier escape. Sheesh, way to show respect to their savoir :p

If I'm quite honest, Team Rocket and Wobbuffet pretty much saved this episode from becoming another one of those sadly abundant lackluster BF fillers~

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
seen the episode and i have to agree with Gravy as i was watching it i was like "damn this isn't all that good" but when the Wobbuffet and Kirlia parts came up i really liked. It was great to see kirlia not reject Wobbuffet. I really like Kirlia in this episode especially the reflect attack seeing it is making me wanting to see Ash face a damn Gardevoir hope that happens.

MasterJedi

Coral Eye Trainer
Just looked at the pictures and I love the Kirlia/Wobbuffet parts especially the part where May wakes up and seems scared and goes to Ash. :D

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Hm, they changed the order of the introducing scene, opening and title so that it's the same as in the dub now? Wonder if that was just a temporal change. Doesn't look like it though.

I don't have much to say about this episode, something about it was ...strange. Whatever...animation was quite good. The surrounding area was well drawn and something different from the greenery we often tend to see.
The music was also nice. Not outstanding, but still...And there were some pieces I've never heard before.

I absolutely adored Wobbuffet in this episode, though. It was obvious that it was going to have a big role in this episode after the preview came up, but I wasn't expecting it to thwart its own friends. Made me like Wobbuffet even more than I used to ~
And Abra ... <3 I almost cried during that dream scene.

Er, yeah o_O How random. Overall, I liked it, but last week's episode was much better in my opinion <.<

Last edited:
B

Blaziken master

Excellent!I loved this one!Wobbufet was ace as it attacked for the first time.I wish the pokemon attacked more,but kirlia's reflect was beautiful

Geodude

OK, Wobby did NOT use an actual attack, it simply charged at the cage and headbutted it (not Headbutted it, just hit with its head), which, as mentioned, goes against its very nature as "The Patient Pokemon" who never uses direct attacks. So don't expect to see it do that again. Great scene.