• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fear Factor Phony! (423)

JazzJazz

Geodude said:
OK, Wobby did NOT use an actual attack, it simply charged at the cage and headbutted it (not Headbutted it, just hit with its head), which, as mentioned, goes against its very nature as "The Patient Pokemon" who never uses direct attacks. So don't expect to see it do that again. Great scene.

Damn, I got my hopes up that this "move" would be used again in future, it could guarantee some extra screen time for wobbuffet (i.e. by him being more useful). Oh well...

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Poor Wobbufett, he betrayed his allies and his nature for love and he was turned into a living door mat. He'll never win. I wonder if he got a major toungue lashing for his actions.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
And his response at the end. "Soon-ansu" ("So it is" if I've got the translation right)

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Gravy said:
If I'm quite honest, Team Rocket and Wobbuffet pretty much saved this episode from becoming another one of those sadly abundant lackluster BF fillers~

Which is pretty ironic, considering they completely ruined what would've been a good episode the previous week. It seems to be a "you earn some, you lose some" case with those guys.

I was really hoping they finally got rid of the trivia quiz when it didn't appear at the beginning. Sucks that it's still around, but hey, at least I can see a bit of improvement with it now. For one, it's not at the beginning anymore, meaning I don't need to put up with its existance until after the episode's over. Also, I prefered its variation in music, which included an instrumental version of Maemuki Rocket Dan, as opposed to that anime BGM they went with in the previous quizes. It's still nowhere near the likes of Ookido's lectures, but at least they seem slightly more tolerable now.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
How many of you like the part when wobbuffet saw kirila? (imagine when his 'heart' pop out from his mouth) Wasn't kirila using attract by mistake XD

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
It looks really good, and this episode proves that even the pointless, dorment pokemon can have some lovely moments of development. We need more of those.

I saw the pics, and all I can say is, poor Wobbuffet.

He fell in love and saved the day, and how was he rewarded? Getting used as a doormat and being blasted off away from his love. ;_;

Yes! I said he!

I believe this, because Wobbuffet gave a flower to Kirlia when he first met her, and doesn't a man do that for a girl he likes? :)

My question is, where did the flower come from? *insert question face here.* (Okay, how do you do it?)

Ahh, maybe it's one of those anime mysteries we'll never know. :)

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
I thought this was a pretty nice episode although it did go by pretty quickly. Too bad we didn't see any of the past ghost Pokemon from Tower of Terror. I just didn't like how Wobbufett was treated, he deserves some respect after he saved those Psychics.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
CyberCubed said:
Wobbufett is male! Gender confirmed unless Wobby is a lesbian! w00t!
"But the Kirlia could have been male."

Thats what someone will say eventually >.>

John's Knight

I just saw the pics and i have a few questions :
-why was abra inside that green sphere?
-what attack did kirlia used in the end?
-couldn't understand this one. does the sphere disappear in the end?
Looks like a normal episode.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
PokeKnight said:
I just saw the pics and i have a few questions :
-why was abra inside that green sphere?
-what attack did kirlia used in the end?
-couldn't understand this one. does the sphere disappear in the end?
Looks like a normal episode.
I believe the sphere was used to keep sound from reaching Abra. At the end of the episode it was enlarged so the other Psychic pokémon could be in there with Abra (which is why its wearing earmuffs) and listen to their grammaphone. That way they wouldn't disturb the ghosts.
Of course I'm just going by what I saw, but I'd be surprised if that wasn't what it was all about.

And Kirlia used reflect~

John's Knight

Gravy said:
I believe the sphere was used to keep sound from reaching Abra. At the end of the episode it was enlarged so the other Psychic pokémon could be in there with Abra (which is why its wearing earmuffs) and listen to their grammaphone. That way they wouldn't disturb the ghosts.
Of course I'm just going by what I saw, but I'd be surprised if that wasn't what it was all about.

And Kirlia used reflect~

Thanks, but why didn't abra wanted to hear the music?

Magical Leaf

Kore wa nani mo imi shinai
Because it was sleeping, which is what Abras do a lot of, according to the Pokedex.

Anyway, good episode. I felt sorry for the little Abra in the dream/flashback, and Wobby was excellent of course, we need more Wobby centred episodes. What i'm wondering is, what did Ash say in his sleep when May was trying to wake him up, anybody care to translate?

Gravy said:
"But the Kirlia could have been male."

Thats what someone will say eventually >.>

True, but that would most likely be from someone who doesn't think about the age old tradition that I spoke of that has gone unchanged for centeries.

Let's face it! The age old tradition of a man giving a woman he likes a flower has highly confirmed the genders here. :)

Kthleen

Wayfaring stranger
pokeplayer984 said:
My question is, where did the flower come from? *insert question face here.* (Okay, how do you do it?)
:confused: will get you this: :confused:. Or you could hit the "[More]" at the bottom of the Smilies box, go to the very bottom, then look for that face, and click it.

It was an all right episode. Loved the Gringy City song at the beginning. I also liked TR looking drugged and the interaction between Wobbuffet and Kirlia. Poor Wobbuffet....

Ok, from what I could pick up, the Ghost Pokémon lived in that town before the Psychics did. For some reason, the humans left the Psychics behind (darn it, I wish I knew why. He merely says, "Sorry, everyone. We can't take you where we're going this time." A place that doesn't allow Pokémon? A place that doesn't allow Psychic Pokémon?), and they play music at night to comfort themselves and have a good time. However, the Ghosts have a problem because they don't like bright lights and loud music. Why they went all the way to a cave on the outskirts of town instead of a neighboring, if more distant, building, I'll never know....

Anyway, to protect their new home, the Ghosts have been using their powers to create a giant Haunter illusion to scare away intruders. TR wants to help them take their home back, Ash-tachi says, "Aww hell naw!" (and later "Y'all can live in the same town, dadgummit!"), Wobby frees the captured Psychics, TR get blasted off, Brock has the idea of having the Psychics play their music and dance in Abra's sound resistant bubble (and Abra gets to wear headphones), everyone's happy, yay.

(For anyone wondering, the whole phrase is: "Minna, sumanai. Kondo, ikutokoro wa, omaetachi wa tsuretekoto ga dekinainda." He then says, "Ja, minna, genki da na. ["So.... be ok, everyone."])

Last edited:

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
This episode was looking halfway decent due to the ghosts' antics at first.

Then Wobbuffet fell in love with Kirlia.

Then the ep was pretty good, for filler!

It was great seeing Wobbuffet trying so hard to free Kirlia(and the other Psychic Pokemon). And of course, Satoshi-tachi will continue to see it as an evil Pokemon because it's owned by TR. >:/

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Kthleen said:
*I hear "Sumanai," meaning inexcusable. If it's not that, I would appreciate it if someone told me so.
I kind of doubt he's saying "we won't reside [here]." If he had said "sumenai ("we can't reside [here]"), I would take it as the verb sumu, but not this time.

(For anyone wondering, the whole phrase [as I hear it] is: "Minna, sumanai. Kondo, ikutokoro wa, omaetachi wa tsuretekoto ga dekinainda." He then says, "Ja, minna, genki da na. ["So.... be ok, everyone."])

You do realize that "sumanai" can also work as an apology, don't you? You may be familiar with "sumimasen" being equivalent to "excuse me". Well, from what I've seen, "sumanai" seems to work as a more casual form of that (and given the way verbs are structured in "masen" and "nai" forms, it makes sense).