• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fear Factor Phony! (423)

Kthleen

Wayfaring stranger
Yamato-san said:
You do realize that "sumanai" can also work as an apology, don't you? You may be familiar with "sumimasen" being equivalent to "excuse me". Well, from what I've seen, "sumanai" seems to work as a more casual form of that (and given the way verbs are structured in "masen" and "nai" forms, it makes sense).
I had a feeling about that, but I didn't actually know that. Thank you.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Juputoru said:
It was great seeing Wobbuffet trying so hard to free Kirlia(and the other Psychic Pokemon). And of course, Satoshi-tachi will continue to see it as an evil Pokemon because it's owned by TR. >:/
Uh the only Pokemon of TR's that Ash's group see as bad is Meowth (and they even feel sorry for him at times)... they certainly had no problem with Wobbuffet early on and they saw it save the others. They don't fight TR'as pokemon because they think they're evil.

One can see in this episode WHY Wobbuffet never attack, their bodies just can't handle it. Wobby's attempt left him prone on the ground. Twas a great scene though to see him defy the very nature of his species.

And I never thought I'd ever see an Abra display emotion like that...

A

Aalitichi

Does anyone know what Ash says in his sleep when May tries to wake him?

Kthleen

Wayfaring stranger
Aalitichi said:
Does anyone know what Ash says in his sleep when May tries to wake him?
Something about eating (or perhaps not doing so). I hear "Ahn, mada tabe[unintelligible]e...." Sounds (to me) too long and complex to be "mada tabenai de" ("don't eat yet"), and I'm not sure that "mada taberareru ne" even makes sense (what would that be? "I'm still able to eat, right"? :/ ). All I can really get out of it is something about eating.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
I was pleasantly surprised by this episode. The made-up Ghos conjured up by the ghost-type pokemon was animated REALLY well, and the rest of the episode looked great as well. And, as others have mentioned, Sonansu's romance with Kirlia was great as well. I also thought the part at the beginning, when Haruka thought that "ghost town" meant that the town was actually inhabited by ghosts, was pretty amusing.

I am annoyed, however, that the show is pulling a Kids' WB! on us and putting part of the show before the opening theme. I mean seriously, why the hell is TV-Tokyo bowing down to Kids' WB! so goddamn much? If you're going to do this much for them, why don't you go ahead and dub the show into English so that 4Kids won't have to?

Also, the new Pokemon Trivia Quiz sucks. At least the questions Takeshi came up with were challenging and somewhat clever.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Dogasu said:
Also, the new Pokemon Trivia Quiz sucks. At least the questions Takeshi came up with were challenging and somewhat clever.

Meh, trivia quizes suck regardless. I personally find this one easier to sit through due to its choice of music, as I mentioned earlier (how can anyone deny the hilarity that is Maemuki Rocket Dan?).

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Eh, the overuse of Maemuki Roketto-Dan during the Jouto League sort of killed the song for me. It's almost as overplayed as Ready Go!.

Besides that, the question now is really lame. "Which pokemon is surprising Haruka?" followed by a jumbled up scene from the first episode? Lame. Takeshi's questions were at least challenging and required you to think outside the box, and you felt smart when you got the right answer.

C

Crane

Yea and I liked that part when may wen to ash and trid to wake him up. it loked so Advanceshipping or advanceshippy or watever you can call that cute couple.

C.J. Ray

I wanted Shaymin! :(
Answer please!

Grovile, I know the Bible said "Ask and ye shall get an answer" or something like that, but double-posting is no excuse.

As for the answer, we don't know. My guess is that Cartoon Network will air all the episodes up to "Pasta La Vista" on Mizugi before they air the new season. We don't even known the dub title of this episode yet, so until we do, we have no way of knowing when it comes out. I'm guessing either Sept. or Oct. (Oct 31 would be perfect to start this season, since it would be a Halloween special, CN loves doing crazy specials like that.)

EDIT: What? Sabrina's not in this? I had hoped for that! Sheesh, writers, why don't you just put the Battle Frontier in the Sevii Isles if you're not gonna use characters like that. Sabrina would be PERFECT for this episode, what with her having a Kadabra and Haunter. :mad:

Last edited:

coolcobra77

Your Worst Nightmare
Satoshi's new voice sounds like rusty nails... so does Meowth's

What happened to the person who played Hoenn Satoshi's voice it sounded good to his character... I can't even watch the episode becuase it makes my ears bleed. Why did they trade humans for rusty nails on a chalkboard! why why why?

johnny139

Smell Ya Later!
The voices are pretty good. May's is different, but not bad. Max's is the only one I really don't like. Brock's is dead on, and I can hardly tell the difference for Team Rocket.

Wendigo

I heart Grimgravy.
I'm digging the new voices, hate Max's though. Though...I think Ash just needs a TINY BIT more enthusiasm.

Leon Phelps

Don't Tread on Me
What happened to the person who played Hoenn Satoshi's voice it sounded good to his character...
Where have you been the past 6 months?

I love the theme song. Way better than the Advance Battle one. Also, PUSA kept out a lot of spoilers in the theme song. Maybe they'll add some more as the season progresses.

I really like this episode for some reason. The animation is okay and the pokemon being featured are great.