• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fear Factor Phony! (423)

Poke-J

Cant catch me!
Voice acts?

Hey Does the voice actors change in this episode?

Wynaut?

I'm 20 seconds into this one... The new voices are a little cringe-worthy (May sounds more grown up and Brock sounds like he's gonna hit you).

I hope I get used to them...

Dark Arceus

Worst. Name. Ever.
I liked the storyline about Wobbafet chasing Kirlia, but I was kinda disappointed when Team Rocket said there was no such thing as ghosts. Ghjost pokemon have been around for seasons, it's not like they're brand new, is it?

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
Ugh. The first episode of the terrible voice actors >_< But I liked this one though. I was really angry when Wobbuffet didn't get the girl. He wasn't even near Team Rocket when they got blasted off but he was seen flying with them anyway. Bleh.

Shiny Rokon

Abra so super cute in this, we actually see it move. I don't mind the new voice actors, in general i think the voices are good, i didn't like max or ash's voice at first, but ash's voice actor seems to have improved since this episode and now i like it. Meowth's voice was a bit average too, team rocket i think was done well though! They are all fine now though, its just until they got use to them.
I wonder if it would have been better if they made new voices for them rather than try and redo the previous voices or make them as similar as possible...

Tiigon

I liek mudkipz
The voice actors are mostly good, but May sounds older than she is, and James sounds absolutely terrible.

cg_25

Trainer Trainer
First time seeing this episode.

Criticism:

IMO...

Brock sounds good
Jessie sounds good
Meowth sounds good
James's voice fits the character and is close to what it needs to be
May is awful, sounds older now
Max is awful; nothing similar
And you simply cannot replace ash.

To me Team Rocket and Brock have kept their personality. But for May, Max, and Ash I will forever now look at them differently. I keep thinking to myself; is that how the old ash ketchum would say things... not a chance.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!

To me Team Rocket and Brock have kept their personality. But for May, Max, and Ash I will forever now look at them differently. I keep thinking to myself; is that how the old ash ketchum would say things... not a chance.

lol, May's voice is relatively close to her original.

Ash's voice improves tremendously as the show goes on, so it is a bad start but gets better.

cg_25

Trainer Trainer
First time seeing this episode.

Criticism:

IMO...

Brock sounds good
Jessie sounds good
Meowth sounds good
James's voice fits the character and is close to what it needs to be

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The first official episode dubbed by PUSA. I must admit, it was better than I thought. I remember the day it premiered on Cartoon Network and how I thought this would be a terrible episode, but it wasn't too bad for a first attempt. May's voice did sound like the 4Kids dub voice which I thought was great. Max sounded a little more annoying, but Brock sounded better I believe. Ash, James, and Meowth were just terrible. Anyway, the premise of this episode was generic but we got some action near the end to brighten things up. 7/10.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Man going back to this episode now after watching so many DP episodes, I'm so used to the new voices that these don't even sound "different" anymore.

Although Ash's VA made drastic improvements over time went on. There really was a lack of emotion in Ash's voice back here, thankfully it improves as we get late into BF and DP.

Good filler overall though. LMAO, this episode is both nostalgic and interesting for so many reasons.

disposable_heroes

<- Best PKMN Ever
SPOILER ALERT!

I just LOVED how the creators of the episode added the "ironic twist" in this episode. When the Psychic-types were locked by Team Rocket, their own Pokémon freed the Psychic-types. Wobbuffet was SO in love with Kirlia and wanted to get it out, freeing all the Psychic-types.

Wobbuffet is now my favorite animé Pokémon.