• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fear

Syrus

Praise the Sun!
We've all got it but ultimately it's a way of channeling that fear into motivation, especially during a battle.

So I ask you Serebii; what Pokémon can you say YOU'RE afraid of, through battling or otherwise?

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I always go: "Oh fock!" when encountering Dragons. I overestimate them though..
And I go "Oh, fock!" whenever I meet a frontier Brain at the Frontier.

Syrus

Praise the Sun!
Breloom. I don't stand a chance against that ****.

There's always ways to counter it you know; any Pokémon can seem almost indestructible until its met its match. I used to have the same problem with any Milotic or - lord forbid - a DEOXYS.

Got over that phobia though.

I fear no pokemon.

Wow you're sure confident enough. ;p

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
Any. Rock. Type. *weeps*

One move and I'm buggered. Could you imagine when i had to face the rock types in that battle facility that does one pokemon. I used a Charizard... And was scared.

Also Spiritomb. No weaknesses. And I fear someone gave it Shedninja's ability.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Miltank.

Ghost/Dark types or Dragon types. I tend to not be ready for them when they show up out of the blue. It's a shame that Hyper Beam has been downgraded over time. Back in the good ol' days, you were literally screwed when Hyper Beam was used on you. I'm not sure if it affected everyone, but it made me frightened of Hyper Beams, particularly a Dragonite with that move.

Otherwise, it's mostly a strong trainer I'm not prepared for.

Syrus

Praise the Sun!
Any. Rock. Type. *weeps*

One move and I'm buggered. Could you imagine when i had to face the rock types in that battle facility that does one pokemon. I used a Charizard... And was scared.

Also Spiritomb. No weaknesses. And I fear someone gave it Shedninja's ability.

Understandable. XD Ya gotta get some versatility then my friend!

Oh that's just cruel. >__< I hate when Trainers do that.

Syrus

Praise the Sun!
Knowing your enemy is the best way to avoid fear. I'm familiar with pretty much every pokemon in existence. Hence there's nothing to be afraid of.

Well you definitely sound like you have the strength. ;p Not sure if it's just Gen. V you battle but I'm a IV regular so if you ever wanna battle... I'm there. ;p

My best counter: Solarbeam. But by then its to late.

Solarbeam's a great counter! But by the sounds of it you're better having it in front to act as a quick countermeasure + the use of a Power Herb can't go amiss either. My rival Michael in real life; he uses a Sunny Day Team to take care of hazards like that if it helps!

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Ghost/Dark types or Dragon types. I tend to not be ready for them when they show up out of the blue. It's a shame that Hyper Beam has been downgraded over time. Back in the good ol' days, you were literally screwed when Hyper Beam was used on you. I'm not sure if it affected everyone, but it made me frightened of Hyper Beams, particularly a Dragonite with that move.

Way back in the day, Hyper Beam was a physical move. That's why Dragonite used to obliterate everything with it. In the more recent games, Dragonite has to rely on Outrage instead, which is almost as bad.

Syrus

Praise the Sun!
Cradily, due to a painful experience of battling against a certain one in the past.

Ingrain amirite

I kid. XD Honestly I know what you mean. My friend gained a major Venusaur phobia after facing one with Ingrain, Giga Drain and Leftovers.

To this day he cannot even LOOK at a Venusaur.

Victini01

♫Be Fearless♫
I'm not afraid of any Pokemon.
All I fear is fear itself.

Jinvaani

I fear the only pokemon that can win the match for the opponent, which, coincidentally, is usually the last pokemon they always have.

Last edited: