1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Features from Let's Go you'd like to see return in Gen 8?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation 8 Discussion' started by Paige712, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Paige712

Paige712 Member

Hi guys I though I'd discuss a topic on what features you like from Pokémon Let's go and would enjoy seeing incorporated into the upcoming Gen 8 Title.

In no specific order.

1. IV Judge - Being able to check Iv's straight from the dex is a great addition.

2. Pokemon following and Riding - Self explanitory. Why wouldn't you want this amazing feature.

3. Pokemon appearing in the overworld - Another great feature that makes the game more immerisve and reduced rng.

4. Trainer customisation - Again self explanitory. More options would be nice though like say unlockable costumes of notable characters like Red, Lance, Gym Leaders etc.

5. Nature control for wild pokemon - Love this change. Especially useful for competitive battling. Basically 100% nature synchronise.

6. IV catch and shiny chaining - Great feature that helps motive you to actually catch pokemon over simply breeding them.

7. No HM's - Self explanitory

8. Pokemon box attached to you at all times - Being able to switch pokemon at will is very handy.

What about you?

2. Ver-mont

Ver-mont Well-Known Member

I have a question about 8 for you people who played Let's Go. Is the feature disabled during certain points of the game, like the Pokémon League challenge? Otherwise I think it'd make the challenge too easy.

I particularly like the IV judge method, the Pokémon following, the rideable Pokémon, the Trainer customisation and the HM-like techniques.

3. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Blizzard Maiden

The ability to influence the natures of wild Pokémon, no more worries when shiny hunting Legendaries of your Synchronisers potentially failing on you.

4. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Sceptile Leaf Blade Happy Minun

Most of those aren't even from Let's Go... Alola games also had IV Judge on the PC. Alola games had much better trainer customisation than Let's Go, Alola games already had chaining for IVs and shiny in the form of SOS (only it doesn't cost you loads of poké balls), Alola games already removed HMs.

As for things introduced in Let's Go specifically? I guess separate volume controls. And IV checking on trades. Skippable cutscenes maybe if it also works on egg hatching. And, that's about it really. Don't want anything else from that tutorial game to go to the traditional series. Removal of wild battles? No thanks. Stupid gym requirements? No thanks.

5. Ignition

Ignition *stares into your soul*

Everything favorable to me in Let’s Go was in SM so nothing really. Maybe the additional focus on your starter

6. Acer11

Acer11 Well-Known Member

Don't forget AVs

7. Sceptile Leaf Blade

AVs break the game balance for lower levelled play, like level 50s, because they don't scale with level. Keep that far away please.

8. PorcelainVulpix

PorcelainVulpix Well-Known Member

No HMS, Pokemon following you around.

PokeMon2.0 and Nodame like this.
  9. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

Most of these things didn't even debut with Let's Go. The IV Judge was accessible from the Box in SM, Pokemon following was in HGSS, riding was in XY, customization has been a thing since XY, and IV/shiny chaining was in DPPt, ORAS, and SM. The only things LG brought to the table were Pokemon in the overworld, the box being accessible from anywhere, Madame Celadon, and co-op.

Out of the new features, I'd like to see overworld Pokemon, Madame Celadon (or some similar feature), and co-op. I'd also like to see following/riding be a permanent feature from here on out, but again, LGPE was not the first game to do these things, it just brought them back.

Ignition likes this.
  10. paipr_christian

paipr_christian grass type fan.

You know what I did enjoy, but would like to see a polished version off.

The candies. I don't need to be able to boost every stat by huge numbers.....

...but I liked being able to boost enough that in some ways you can kinda alter the rolls certain Pokemon filled.

11. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Co-op already existed in Emerald at the Battle Tower there

12. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

Not in terms of having a second, human player explore and battle with you throughout the entire game. There's been instances here and there throughout the series, but it's never been a full feature until LGPE.

13. PokeMon2.0

PokeMon2.0 Pokémon Music Fan

Box being with you and Pokémon Go connectivity. As well as Pokémon following you.

RasenPoKeimon likes this.
  14. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko Luna is a happy kitty

I admit the overworld encounters are nice, but that’s currently the only thing I can think of.

15. RasenPoKeimon

RasenPoKeimon Active Member

I don't know if it is true but I heard you can get the badges in any order. Like some god the Cinnabar badge very early. If this is true I'd like to see that in Gen 8. A way for you to do things at your own pace

16. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair Master Breeder.

Candies: Let the EV system benefit from it; instead decide how much one can be fed at time. Spamming A button for 200 candies is bothering.
    Enhanced Co-op: Let the trainers explore your world through wireless. If you have no friend playing the game, it's only useful to catch Pokémon like Chansey or legendaries.
    Box System: Keep it as is. No more PC boxes, hence IV Judge not being limited to Pokémon Centers.
    Phone System: Match-Call (Trainers) and access to Madam Celadon. If you suddenly want to change the Pokémon you hunt, you don't need to travel A to B.

Other than that, I genuinely hope following Pokémon, no HMs and overworld encounters will return back.

PokeMon2.0 likes this.
  17. Sceptile Leaf Blade

I'm mixed on overworld encounters. I'm fine with it on large pokémon like Snorlax and Mudsdale, but having a giant aura that screams "Here I am!" surrounding every little Rattata or Grubbin is weird. The smaller pokémon should stay hidden and possibly ambush you. You could also have some larger pokémon ambush you, like Tentacruel attacking from underwater or Onix showing up from underground.

PokeMon2.0 likes this.
  18. DSDark

DSDark Breeder

You can use the box system whenever. Even in the middle of the E4. However the box doesn't heal pokemon like it did in the past. So yes it could make the e4 easier if you have several pokemon trained up. However if you use the e4 for training and evolving purposes it's nice to have the ability to switch pokemon in and out as you go along.

Yes technically you can do any of the gyms in any order between vermilion, Celadon, saffron, fuchsia and cinnabar.

19. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Well-Known Member

I disagree with having a box available to the player at all times. It would make the game too easy and ruins any sense of strategy in that moment. Isn't it better to realize what Pokemon your opponent has and try to overcome the type disadvantage with a strategy?

M.P., Bolt the Cat and DSDark like this.
  20. Nodame

Nodame Moonglow

- Pokemon following: All 809
    - styling my Pokémon: this should for all Pokémon not just my starter