• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Features from Let's Go you'd like to see return in Gen 8?

Paige712

Hi guys I though I'd discuss a topic on what features you like from Pokémon Let's go and would enjoy seeing incorporated into the upcoming Gen 8 Title.

In no specific order.

1. IV Judge - Being able to check Iv's straight from the dex is a great addition.

2. Pokemon following and Riding - Self explanitory. Why wouldn't you want this amazing feature.

3. Pokemon appearing in the overworld - Another great feature that makes the game more immerisve and reduced rng.

4. Trainer customisation - Again self explanitory. More options would be nice though like say unlockable costumes of notable characters like Red, Lance, Gym Leaders etc.

5. Nature control for wild pokemon - Love this change. Especially useful for competitive battling. Basically 100% nature synchronise.

6. IV catch and shiny chaining - Great feature that helps motive you to actually catch pokemon over simply breeding them.

7. No HM's - Self explanitory

8. Pokemon box attached to you at all times - Being able to switch pokemon at will is very handy.

What about you?

Ver-mont

I have a question about 8 for you people who played Let's Go. Is the feature disabled during certain points of the game, like the Pokémon League challenge? Otherwise I think it'd make the challenge too easy.

I particularly like the IV judge method, the Pokémon following, the rideable Pokémon, the Trainer customisation and the HM-like techniques.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
The ability to influence the natures of wild Pokémon, no more worries when shiny hunting Legendaries of your Synchronisers potentially failing on you.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Most of those aren't even from Let's Go... Alola games also had IV Judge on the PC. Alola games had much better trainer customisation than Let's Go, Alola games already had chaining for IVs and shiny in the form of SOS (only it doesn't cost you loads of poké balls), Alola games already removed HMs.

As for things introduced in Let's Go specifically? I guess separate volume controls. And IV checking on trades. Skippable cutscenes maybe if it also works on egg hatching. And, that's about it really. Don't want anything else from that tutorial game to go to the traditional series. Removal of wild battles? No thanks. Stupid gym requirements? No thanks.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Everything favorable to me in Let’s Go was in SM so nothing really. Maybe the additional focus on your starter

Acer11

Hi guys I though I'd discuss a topic on what features you like from Pokémon Let's go and would enjoy seeing incorporated into the upcoming Gen 8 Title.

In no specific order.

1. IV Judge - Being able to check Iv's straight from the dex is a great addition.

2. Pokemon following and Riding - Self explanitory. Why wouldn't you want this amazing feature.

3. Pokemon appearing in the overworld - Another great feature that makes the game more immerisve and reduced rng.

4. Trainer customisation - Again self explanitory. More options would be nice though like say unlockable costumes of notable characters like Red, Lance, Gym Leaders etc.

5. Nature control for wild pokemon - Love this change. Especially useful for competitive battling. Basically 100% nature synchronise.

6. IV catch and shiny chaining - Great feature that helps motive you to actually catch pokemon over simply breeding them.

7. No HM's - Self explanitory

8. Pokemon box attached to you at all times - Being able to switch pokemon at will is very handy.

What about you?
Don't forget AVs

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Most of these things didn't even debut with Let's Go. The IV Judge was accessible from the Box in SM, Pokemon following was in HGSS, riding was in XY, customization has been a thing since XY, and IV/shiny chaining was in DPPt, ORAS, and SM. The only things LG brought to the table were Pokemon in the overworld, the box being accessible from anywhere, Madame Celadon, and co-op.

Out of the new features, I'd like to see overworld Pokemon, Madame Celadon (or some similar feature), and co-op. I'd also like to see following/riding be a permanent feature from here on out, but again, LGPE was not the first game to do these things, it just brought them back.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
You know what I did enjoy, but would like to see a polished version off.

The candies. I don't need to be able to boost every stat by huge numbers.....

...but I liked being able to boost enough that in some ways you can kinda alter the rolls certain Pokemon filled.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Box being with you and Pokémon Go connectivity. As well as Pokémon following you.

RasenPoKeimon

I don't know if it is true but I heard you can get the badges in any order. Like some god the Cinnabar badge very early. If this is true I'd like to see that in Gen 8. A way for you to do things at your own pace

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Candies: Let the EV system benefit from it; instead decide how much one can be fed at time. Spamming A button for 200 candies is bothering.
Enhanced Co-op: Let the trainers explore your world through wireless. If you have no friend playing the game, it's only useful to catch Pokémon like Chansey or legendaries.
Box System: Keep it as is. No more PC boxes, hence IV Judge not being limited to Pokémon Centers.
Phone System: Match-Call (Trainers) and access to Madam Celadon. If you suddenly want to change the Pokémon you hunt, you don't need to travel A to B.

Other than that, I genuinely hope following Pokémon, no HMs and overworld encounters will return back.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I admit the overworld encounters are nice, but that’s currently the only thing I can think of.
I'm mixed on overworld encounters. I'm fine with it on large pokémon like Snorlax and Mudsdale, but having a giant aura that screams "Here I am!" surrounding every little Rattata or Grubbin is weird. The smaller pokémon should stay hidden and possibly ambush you. You could also have some larger pokémon ambush you, like Tentacruel attacking from underwater or Onix showing up from underground.

DSDark

Breeder
I have a question about 8 for you people who played Let's Go. Is the feature disabled during certain points of the game, like the Pokémon League challenge? Otherwise I think it'd make the challenge too easy.

I particularly like the IV judge method, the Pokémon following, the rideable Pokémon, the Trainer customisation and the HM-like techniques.

You can use the box system whenever. Even in the middle of the E4. However the box doesn't heal pokemon like it did in the past. So yes it could make the e4 easier if you have several pokemon trained up. However if you use the e4 for training and evolving purposes it's nice to have the ability to switch pokemon in and out as you go along.

I don't know if it is true but I heard you can get the badges in any order. Like some god the Cinnabar badge very early. If this is true I'd like to see that in Gen 8. A way for you to do things at your own pace

Yes technically you can do any of the gyms in any order between vermilion, Celadon, saffron, fuchsia and cinnabar.

Nodame

Misty <3
- Pokemon following: All 809
- styling my Pokémon: this should for all Pokémon not just my starter