• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Features you feel Pokemon Sun and Moon should have had

Status
Not open for further replies.

urrutiap

The Dex Nav thing from Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby.

I still enjoy using that Dex Nav in Alpha Sapphire to look for pokemon where if you keep looking, a pokemon might have an egg move or some extra newe ability thats better than a plain regular ability.

Now why couldnt Game Freak add in the Dex Nav feature for the SUn and Moon games?

Last edited by a moderator:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I'm changing the name of this thread to open it up for more conversation.

There is very much an opinion aspect to this course of conversation, so I'd like to remind everyone not to take it personally or start drama. Thank you.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Dex Nav And sneaking up or around wild Pokémon
Open World Soaring
Secret Bases-Alola could provide some really nice areas to create Secret Bases such as a beach or one near some ruins.
Multiplayer mini games set on a beach- I’m talking volleyball where you control one off your Pokémon and guide it using your touch screen and a sand castle building game
Having Wailmer as a Diving Poké Ride where you encounter underwater Pokémon and hunt for hidden treasures such as the Relic items from Gen V
Being able to mine for Gems in the Poké Pelego treasure hunt isle

kittyguy2008

The Piano Man
The Mantine minigame was cool in concept, but I think it could have been so much cooler if you could simply surf through the open ocean and encounter things in spots or reach special areas or land on different beaches around each island (like the one in front of Kukui's). It would have been kind of like the Mega Latias/Latios or like Staraptor from Pokemon Ranger.
*Cough* Pokemon following you *cough* It's not fair Hau *cough*
I personally would have liked to see the return of pokemon contests or a minigame that was as indepth as the Pokeathlon but alas

urrutiap

One fun game feature that I wish the Pokemon Sun and Moon games should have had is the Poke Dex Nav from Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby. Dex Nav feature made looking for pokemon in the wild a little easier where you could search for wild pokemon with an egg move or at least a new ability

M.P.

Retired
DexNav and Gen I-VI fishing mechanics. Former for the reasons mentioned above and latter because fishing is tedious and frustrating in Gen VII: Magikarps have way too high encounter rates and addition of items was unnecessary.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
There are quite a few things that Ultra Sun/Moon have that I wish were in vanilla Sun and Moon. Probably the biggest of those is the Photo Club. I was kinda disappointed that in Sun and Moon I only had my trainer passport photo and the fact that players' avatars appeared full-body in the Plaza as outlets for showing off my kawaii character.

katl14

I guess if I had to choose just one feature added it would be to see pokemon following you. I think it would have been really cool to see whatever pokemon following you around especially if they were to scale size as the player, imagine going out with wailord following you everywhere.

Barrysun

Let's see...
The wormholes lets you encounter mythical Pokemon,
more rebattleable trainers for EX points
Amiibo function. (could alow for some daily free gifts)
and maybe some mentions people above wanted like contests, DexNav, minigames, and a national dex

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Let's see...
The wormholes lets you encounter mythical Pokemon,
more rebattleable trainers for EX points
Amiibo function. (could alow for some daily free gifts)
and maybe some mentions people above wanted like contests, DexNav, minigames, and a national dex

I like the Amiibo idea but to make things more interesting, how about the Pokémon Amiibos increase the chances of finding that Pokemon in the wild with an additional bonus of a chance of being Shiny and other characteristics? Greninja And Charizard would appear fully evolved in the wild at certain locations, Pikachu and Jigglypuff have Egg Moves, Mewtwo’s chances of being found in a wormhole increases to 75% and will always get Unnerve as its ability, And Lucario would be found holding a Lucarionite, its HA And always knowing the moves Laser Focus And Drain Punch.

Orphalesion

Optional difficulty settings, like in B/W 2, only accessible from the very beginning.
And, well, about 20-30 more new Pokemon (new New Pokemon + Alola Forms, and possibly Megas, put together)

Tht would have been my only unfulfilled wishes for Sun and Moon

Manchee

extra toasty
I wanted more Mega Evolutions. I really enjoyed that concept from X/Y and I think it could have offered a lot more to an addition of Pokémon that I feel is lacking overall. I would have liked to see a better organization of Mega Stones, though, if that were the case, so I don't have so many crammed into my backpack.

During the entire game, I felt like I was constantly stuck in a tutorial mode. I was never at a point where I had to think, "Okay, where am I going?"/"How in the world do I progress from here?" and while that's not exactly a "feature" for the game, I wish overall that it was harder. Maybe like @Orphalesion said and have the option for difficulty settings.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
There could have been some more rematchable Trainers in the overworld, whom could have a chance of giving out items once you defeat them, as some items like the Destiny Knot and the Power items are already frustrating to get in Sun and Moon. Even though not many games in general have this feature, a Sound Test feature limited to the postgame with unlockable sounds would be nice so that I could listen to game music and play around with sound effects for fun and to create a more rewarding postgame experience. Also the addition of the National Dex would be nice once the Alola Dex has been completed so that it gives the game much more replay value.

giu

Skippable tutorial for a smoother beggining

More alolan forms

More accessible buildings

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
-Swarming Pokemon (the way they were in Generations IV-V)
-National Dex (seriously, why was it even excluded?)
-Trainer Rematches (with Hyper training being a thing, they'd have been very useful)
-Horde Battles
-HMs. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I really dislike Poke Ride the way it is now, and I wish they never implemented it if they can't do it properly (i. e. with the Pokemon you actually own, not rentals, and without the ridiculous outfit and the saddle)

I think the feature that we wished should have been there in Pokemon Sun and Moon are somewhat present in Ultra version of Sun and Moon.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Here's what I think should've been included:
DexNav
National Dex
Trainer Rematches
Difficulty Settings
PSS
Gen I-VI Fishing Mechanics
Alola Photo Club

Aside from already mentioned "walking feature", i guess a challenge mode like in B\W2 would have been quite appreciated. Also the option to travel oversea (possibly with Lillie) to challenge the other pokemon league's Elites and champions. I mean like in monkey island, soon as you get to leave the first island, you realize that was the first of many. It would have been quite interesting to expand the game on that path.

Last edited:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Here's what I think should've been included:
DexNav
National Dex
Trainer Rematches
Difficulty Settings
PSS
Gen I-VI Fishing Mechanics
Alola Photo Club

I think some of these features were already in S/M. The Rotom-Dex map screen sort of worked like the DexNav, and you could at least re-battle the Trainers at the Hau'oli City Mall restaurant and Morimoto at the Game Freak HQ in Heahea City.

But yeah, I think they should have stuck with the traditional fishing method where you could fish wherever there was water, instead of at specific spots. I also wonder why there was no Alola Photo Club in S/M, only in the sequels.

Status
Not open for further replies.