• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Features you want/Don't want returning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Those are really good ideas, especially custome rideables. I got tired of Mega Lati@s in ORAS, and there needs to be another surfer other than Lapras. Even in ORAS we got different surf sprites based on Pokés!

I agree about trials, Battle Tree and return of the PSS. Every once in a while GF slams it into reverse in the drive-thru. Festival Plaza was like going to a town carnival when you wanted Disney World, what were they thinking?!

Sulfurian

Obviously they have all the data for all species to follow you, and it's not like I don't want it to happen, because that data is most likely going to be used for the Ultra games. I just feel like the main games biggest problems are longevity. They tried to increase it with the Pokelgo isles being a daily routine, increasing the amount of time it takes to get to level 100 for the caps. Or if you want to pursue things in Festival Plaza that takes a bit too if you miss some Global Missions (because they realized grinding those mini games out was the opposite of fun after maybe 10 minutes)

But it only further creates a problem when the following you around mechanic is taking up space and time. To make the game run smoothly on the 3Ds with giant Pokemon creating some issues here and there. With HS and SS it was like icing on the cake. You had so much to explore and do in those games and it was really enjoyable. However, following you around alone will NOT carry a pair of games.

Just imagine you beat the game's story, you look up guides on what to do next, and then you turn off the game. Besides breeding, battling, and doing extra content on the side that you would expect from another pair of games, is following you around going to seriously make you turn on the game again? Like I said, it's icing on the cake as a feature. But that's just what it is, not something alone that carries the weight or quality of the titles. Welp, my game is lagging quite a bit because my Moltres is flapping around me while I try to breed for a shiny using flame body. Sure I can use something smaller, but it will become annoying with a 3D model.

Just my two cents.

Creyk

Obviously they have all the data for all species to follow you, and it's not like I don't want it to happen, because that data is most likely going to be used for the Ultra games. I just feel like the main games biggest problems are longevity. They tried to increase it with the Pokelgo isles being a daily routine, increasing the amount of time it takes to get to level 100 for the caps. Or if you want to pursue things in Festival Plaza that takes a bit too if you miss some Global Missions (because they realized grinding those mini games out was the opposite of fun after maybe 10 minutes)

But it only further creates a problem when the following you around mechanic is taking up space and time. To make the game run smoothly on the 3Ds with giant Pokemon creating some issues here and there. With HS and SS it was like icing on the cake. You had so much to explore and do in those games and it was really enjoyable. However, following you around alone will NOT carry a pair of games.

Just imagine you beat the game's story, you look up guides on what to do next, and then you turn off the game. Besides breeding, battling, and doing extra content on the side that you would expect from another pair of games, is following you around going to seriously make you turn on the game again? Like I said, it's icing on the cake as a feature. But that's just what it is, not something alone that carries the weight or quality of the titles. Welp, my game is lagging quite a bit because my Moltres is flapping around me while I try to breed for a shiny using flame body. Sure I can use something smaller, but it will become annoying with a 3D model.

Just my two cents.

This is what I think people dont realize. Even if they wanted to make the feature work, they couldn't. Maybe the switch will be able to handle it but not this system. Not today

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
This is what I think people dont realize. Even if they wanted to make the feature work, they couldn't. Maybe the switch will be able to handle it but not this system. Not today

Except that the game only lags during battles with trial bosses. I've never once experienced lag on the overworked and I don't see why having one additional pokemon would cause lag

fubufubu

Am I the only one who thinks Machamp Shove needs to be fixed at least a little? With Strength, you could easily stop and change direction at any time, but with Machamp Shove, it seems like it just keeps going in one direction until you hit a wall which can easily screw you up.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Am I the only one who thinks Machamp Shove needs to be fixed at least a little? With Strength, you could easily stop and change direction at any time, but with Machamp Shove, it seems like it just keeps going in one direction until you hit a wall which can easily screw you up.

I agree with this. The player should be piggybacking on Machamp's shoulders and not carried around like an infant for starters. Machamp looks less impressive shoving massive blocks aside with only two arms available. Second the angle of the view that the blocks being shoved is pretty bad and makes it difficult to see where you are going. At least give us an overhead view when using Machamp for puzzle solving.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Don't want-
Exclusive clothing
Seriously, **** that.
Yes, Festival Plaza.... but it's totally random but the character's will offer to sell you. And most the time it's the stupid starter clothing pieces.

Let me have blue clothes on Ultra Sun damn it, blue's my favorite color. But Solgaleo is cooler, and I don't want to play at 'night' all the time.

future.newyorker

I really want Dive to come back. As well as Soaring, those were two of my favorite things in ORAS (especially the 3D diving), so I really wish that these would come back for USUM and if not for them, then the inevitable Sinnoh remakes.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I want the Razor Fang and Razor Claws to be available to purchase with BP like in XYORAS. It's ridiculous to have to search for hard to find Pokemon and then rely on even more luck to get the item. I don't want to see any evolutionary items being this tedious to get.

Akashin

I agree with this. The player should be piggybacking on Machamp's shoulders and not carried around like an infant for starters. Machamp looks less impressive shoving massive blocks aside with only two arms available. Second the angle of the view that the blocks being shoved is pretty bad and makes it difficult to see where you are going. At least give us an overhead view when using Machamp for puzzle solving.

In all fairness, a seat of sorts strapped to Machamp's back is also rather infantile. I can't really say I care much either way.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
In all fairness, a seat of sorts strapped to Machamp's back is also rather infantile. I can't really say I care much either way.

I was thinking more along the lines of piggyback riding on the shoulders. That makes much more sense than the newborn baby being held look.

McIntyre

Novice Breeder
It's long and probably unrealistic, but no one said I couldn't dream...

Things I want:

Memory Link: It was one of my favorite things about BW2, tying the games just a bit closer together.

Vs Seeker/Rematch: Self explanatory. Let me re-battle those who I soundly trounced earlier.

Trainer Customization: I take great pride in making my sprite look great and then showing it off in online battles and trades. Let me show off. But you need to give the guys more options. Actually give us all more options but give the guys equal to the ladies. (And give me back my super long ponytail from X/Y)

PSS: I do not like having to go to the plaza to get to online features.

Post Story: Alola is such a fun region, give us things to do after like Battle Frontier and such.

Ribbon Activities: I love ribbons. While they are mostly a cosmetic item, it is something that I love doing for my favorites, sprucing them up a bit and basically showing off how they are my favorites.

Apricorn Balls: Look, I don't care if you need to make Kurt's brother live here. But only one of these pretty things per file is absurd. Not to mention frustrating.

More Alola Forms: There are no words to describe how excited I was when these were revealed. The idea of pokemon adapting as completely different types is so exciting for me. The fact that it's currently limited to Kanto-Only is not as exciting.

More Mega Evolution: I'm not saying EVERYONE gets a stone, but give newer pokemon a chance too.

Free Fishing: Being locked into fishing spots is stupid and frustrating.

PokeRide: Taking out HMs was something I love and support 110%.

Things I Possibly Want With Some Changes:

Safari Zone: I like Safari Zones. I liked the concept of the Friend Safari. I did not like that by attaching it to our system's FC, we were locked into what was possibly a garbage safari that no one needed and that it locked up over half of our system's friends list to get all the ones we wanted. To have every Pokemon, minimally required over 70 friends who all played Pokemon and you managed to catch online after they finished the game.

Festival Plaza/Something similar: I don't hate this feature. It doesn't really appeal to me, but I don't hate it. What I hate is that in Sun and Moon, they gated the online features behind it. If they bring it back they need to separate it from PSS.

Overworld Following: I like my Pokemon as much as the next person. We wouldn't be here if we didn't. But sometimes I don't want to look at them. If the feature does make a comeback in the future, we need the option to shut it off.

Things I Do Not Want Back:

Unskippable cut scenes. I love stories. I especially liked the S/M story. I did not like, when attempting to SR for a female Popplio, that three minute choosing cutscene. It was cute the first ten time. But when RNG hates me, I get sick of it.

Version Exclusive clothing/colors: As I already mentioned, I like my clothes. But let the version POKEMON exclusives pick the version for people, not the clothing.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I'd like to see the option to set different battle backgrounds against other players. Rather than the typical wifi background. Putting up weather effects would be awesome too. Also can we see the return of triple and rotation battles please

I'd like to see Pokemon going behind you (like HGSS), a Battle Frontier, or Pokémon World Tournament. Also, I want Contests back, they give some use to poor Pokémon like Delcatty

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I want a BF(which is unlikely since not even ORAS had it) or a World Tournament like B2W2. Battle Tree outright sucks for me.

I believe this is because the boulders and stuff that you push with Machamp are still on "tile-restricted" movement, just like the boulders you pushed with Strength in older games... only much bigger. And it might just seem like you're stuck moving in one direction because your player character's movement isn't "tile-restricted" like it used to be in past generations (even though moving with the left stick in Gen 6 lets you move without being restricted by tile movement). Plus, the boulders don't move to the next "tile" as quickly as they did in past generations.

So while player movement has changed to something not tile-based, obstacles that are moved via Strength/Machamp still are.

Ultra Beast Lover

What I want:

More customization, maybe in the postgame let us have the same clothes as important characters from other generations. I want to dress like Cynthia, if not then maybe clothes that resemble other characters' outfits. Or Pokemon themed clothing.

A way to quickly raise the happiness of my Pokemon, it took me forever to get Pichu to evolve.

Poke Ride, best thing ever, maybe tweak it a little because while the Machamp ride is cute it doesn't seem very safe and Mudsdale is really slow when just strolling and even when running.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
What I want:

More customization, maybe in the postgame let us have the same clothes as important characters from other generations. I want to dress like Cynthia, if not then maybe clothes that resemble other characters' outfits. Or Pokemon themed clothing.

A way to quickly raise the happiness of my Pokemon, it took me forever to get Pichu to evolve.

Poke Ride, best thing ever, maybe tweak it a little because while the Machamp ride is cute it doesn't seem very safe and Mudsdale is really slow when just strolling and even when running.

It's more than certain we will get more customization. There would be a riot if there isn't any.

For quick happiness, just get a Friendship Parlor 5* at Festival Plaza and get all drinks that increase happiness. Do massages. Be with Pichu. Still needs time, but not as much as you would think.

Bus

If I could choose only one feature to add to this upcoming game, it'd probably be the addition of emotions for the protagonist. I felt like 80% of the time they had this generic look on their face.

dementeddurian

Love Ball Lover
I personally would like changes to the experience system. Mainly, I hate the idea of de-valuing the experience my Pokémon receives since it has a high level. Rare Kitchen is fine but that's a lot of Festival Coins and I prefer to train the old-fashioned way. The lack of an O-Power system also is irksome and would help with catching legends, making money or gaining experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.