• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Features you want/Don't want returning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
What I’m more surprised by is that, out of this entire thread, most thought/hoped that the Festival Plaza, would be removed/replaced. Sure it’s inferior to the PSS (at least to me) but I expected the Festival Plaza to stay in USUM only with a couple of new features.

Same here. Personally, I hoped to not see it again but I was aware that this would be nothing more than wishful thinking on my own part. I hope GenVIII games will bring back PSS or something similar to it.

Last edited:

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
To be honest, I don't dislike Plaza, no I don't, but it really needs some fixes. One of them should be to be able to view our Pokémon in the Storage system outside trades while in the plaza (in other words, add a freaking PC there!). Another is to be able to upgrade facilities the more you use them, not getting the upgraded versions by strangers, that's really time-consuming and luck-based. Also, there needs to be a facility that can sell you clothing from the opposing version you're playing, it's annoying to have to hope for someone who wears the clothing you want to show up in your game.

At least with the Plaza you don't have a message popping up every few seconds like in PSS. :p

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I can understand why they don't add a PC to the Plaza. You can access the Plaza from anywhere, which would make potions and stuff pretty redundant. You could just hop on to Plaza and use the PC for free healing. And it'd make the E4 way too easy if you could change your team between the fights. It's already really easy right now.

I can understand why they don't add a PC to the Plaza. You can access the Plaza from anywhere, which would make potions and stuff pretty redundant. You could just hop on to Plaza and use the PC for free healing. And it'd make the E4 way too easy if you could change your team between the fights. It's already really easy right now.

You really got good point there.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

They could just block the ability to use Festival Plaza in the Elite Four. I do agree that it was pretty ridiculous having to leave to adjust your party before battling again... which also involved connecting to the internet again, which takes a very long freaking time in SuMo.
I put my Wonder Trade drops in a box and I take stuff out when I see something I want to keep... that way I don't end up accidentally wonder trading it away by mistake so leaving FP and coming back in to put it into a different box is just annoying.

And it is not easy, Alola Elite Four is way harder than the joke of a Kalos E4 was.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
They could just block the ability to use Festival Plaza in the Elite Four. I do agree that it was pretty ridiculous having to leave to adjust your party before battling again... which also involved connecting to the internet again, which takes a very long freaking time in SuMo.
I put my Wonder Trade drops in a box and I take stuff out when I see something I want to keep... that way I don't end up accidentally wonder trading it away by mistake so leaving FP and coming back in to put it into a different box is just annoying.

And it is not easy, Alola Elite Four is way harder than the joke of a Kalos E4 was.

That's exactly why we need a PC in Plaza. Of course it can break the game, but seriously, who would go and have battles online when challenging the League?

Ambrose7

That's exactly why we need a PC in Plaza. Of course it can break the game, but seriously, who would go and have battles online when challenging the League?

Many wouldn't, many would. As long as the option is there, it removes the remaining sense of challenge the E4 has.

Many wouldn't, many would. As long as the option is there, it removes the remaining sense of challenge the E4 has.

I could see it working if they did what an above user suggested and simply block PC use during the league. They don't have a problem doing it with other things, so I don't see why they can't here.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
But you can just use Battle Teams for battling anyway right? The only thing is that you can't change movesets, EVs, or hold items on your pokémon from Plaza, but you can change your battle teams from the Battle Spot, move pokémon in and out of them from the PC.

Bus

if the dex is expanding and we're getting some 'new area', I'd love to see a return of the Safari Zone, but maybe with a more 'Jurassic Park' twist since that guy was working on a fossil park in the first game. More than anything, though, I'd like the 'electric' and 'snow' areas where pokemon can evolve to be somewhere mid-game rather than near the very end. I want to be able to use Crabominable or Vikavolt before the Victory Road climb this time around.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
if the dex is expanding and we're getting some 'new area', I'd love to see a return of the Safari Zone, but maybe with a more 'Jurassic Park' twist since that guy was working on a fossil park in the first game. More than anything, though, I'd like the 'electric' and 'snow' areas where pokemon can evolve to be somewhere mid-game rather than near the very end. I want to be able to use Crabominable or Vikavolt before the Victory Road climb this time around.
This. So freaking much....
I'd love to use Charjabug on my main playthrough, but I do not want to be stuck with it for essentially the whole game. From the Water Trial until Poni Canyon I was stuck with him like that. He didn't evolve until after level 50!!!

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
Amen to this. Crabominable is a pokemon I really like from this generation, and being able to use him earlier on would be awesome.

I really want Friend Safari, VS Seeker, Move Tutors and Battle Factory to return. Also, on the music side of things, Sun/Moon only had one trainer encounter theme. I want that to change in USUM.

EDIT: Also, I hope the Ralts, Shroomish and Drilbur lines are catchable in the wild this time around.

Last edited:

Niormon

I want finger-less gloves to Return one of the reasons why I don't use trainer customization is because we don't have an option for Finger less Gloves.

Ultra Beast Lover

I want finger-less gloves to Return one of the reasons why I don't use trainer customization is because we don't have an option for Finger less Gloves.

I'm still waiting for my scarf and cape myself. Having those would be pretty cool.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian

I agree. Charjabug is an amazing pokémon for double battles but there just aren't enough of those in-game to make that really worthwhile. It'd be better if it evolved with Thunderstone or something. Charjabug is a pretty decent bulky attacker though, it has Toxapex levels of defensive stats with Eviolite and 82 attack isn't bad at all. Give it something like Charge and Spark and it can deal good damage. And Crabominable is pretty good but it indeed just evolves too late.

Last edited:
P

polkiman777

1. Remove Shiny Lock
2. Remove Distribution Only Legendaries
3. Battle Frontier (Emerald version preferably) and/or PWT
4. Return PSS
5. Return Horde Encounters

6. Keep cutscenes to essential moments, not just to fill up time+make them skippable after first playthrough.

7. Allow saving right before choosing your starter/catching Legendary and other interactable Pokémon (understandable why we've been moving away from this, but just because it's understandable, doesn't make it right).

8. A protagonist that is clearly in their late teens or a young adult [It has been over 20 years since the games were first released in Japan, it's time to age up]! It would be great if the protagonists we've seen are a fake-out that turn out to not be our player characters (or have an option to choose between different character models depending on your age)! I cannot understand why Wicke pointedly remarks on your 11 year old self, which in retrospect makes other interactions within Sun and Moon very questionable.

9. Have a rival that is a true rival, not a friendly presence who is barely competent (Hau and Barry are the WORST to interact with, but even Barry had decent Pokémon towards the end of the game). I see Hau is returning, I just hope he's not a dingbat this time.

10. Add options to; change the difficulty setting, enforce Nuzlocke rules, and/or allow randomisation after fully completing the story for the first time.

11. Keep battle music as battle music (Hau's supposed battle theme is not suited for a confrontation, and the Kahuna battle theme builds well but spectacularly fails right when it should have gotten epic).

12. Don't be given or have the ability to catch a Legendary Pokémon with 600+ BST before entering the Hall of Fame for the first time in a playthrough.

13. EXP Share needs reworking (either have it function exactly like the EXP All in RBY or have it revert to a held item).

14. RotomDex is cringy and unnecessary. I don't want destination markers, stupidly long Pokémon registration times, or any electronic device in the Pokémon universe calling me 'big boy'.

15. Make Trials better for this game, some have been added, let's hope they are engaging!

16. Give weaker Pokémon higher BST's/better movepools/new forms to allow for more diversity within competitive battling. The small changes that have been made are a step in the right direction.

17. Fairy type nerf (Fire is super effective, Dragon is not very effective)

18. Gengar wants Levitate back!

Phillies

I would like for horde encounters to return. I would also like to borrow from SOS and have an evolved pokemon show up every once in a while. I would also like it if all of the legendary pokemon that were shiny locked in X & Y were unlocked in these games.

Status
Not open for further replies.