• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Features you want/Don't want returning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaze990

Things I want to return from SM:

- Pelego: I really loved how we can interact with the Box pokemon
- Customization: I'd like more options, but its awesome if it can return as is as well
- Pokeride: But change Charizard
- Rotom Dex: Added flavor to my journey

Things I want to return from old games:
- Acorn balls: These were my favorite pokeballs, and with gold and silver being re-released... I think they should make a come back
- Partner pokemon: I don't think this needs a reason
- Safari zone: I miss the old safari zones
- Bike: Pokeride is fun and all but I want my bike back
- HM: I'll probably be attacked for this, but I miss HM because I used to feel like I can count on my own team, not "outsiders"
- Soaring: Again this doesn't need a reason
- Dive Pokeride: We have a lot of water, lets see what treasures are hidden.
- National Pokedex: I still don't know why it was removed.
- Post story: I liked Ultra beasts but it was short

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Things I want to return:
-National Pokedex. Why was it even removed in the first place?
-Seals. Some of them allowed for pretty epic animation.
-Horde Encounters. By far the best way to EV train.
-Daily Pokemon swarms, like in Generations IV-V.
-The ability to re-battle all the trainers, not just a select few.
-Starter Pokemon from the other regions being available post-game.
-Move Tutors, even the ones who teach moves like Shock Wave/Water Pulse.
-DexNav (or a similiar feature).
Features I don't want to see:
-More Generation I pandering. Do I even need to explain this one?
-Poke Ride. I know it is an unpopular opinion, but the way it is now, it just feels like a slap in the face. There are so many things wrong with it that I could go about them all day long. Why is Charizard used for flying if it isn't even in the Alola Dex? Machamp Shove is just plain creepy. This feature needs a complete overhaul, and they should let your character ride the Pokemon you actually own (similiarly to Soaring from OR/AS), not rentals. And some of the HMs weren't even bad to start with.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
Z- Crystal distribution. They have to right? I have the Snorlium Z and Mewnium Z but i want to re-start Pokemon Sun and since they can't be traded i will end up loosing both.

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
The thing is, it doesn't matter how many pokémon there are in the game. All that matters for the performance when it comes to FPS and lag is how much it is actually loading at a time. As long as you only have a single pokémon following you it's just one overworld model it needs to render and load.
Oh yea. You know the FPS lag during double battles with a legendary bird? I imagined something similar happening in a city: regarding to those larger Pokemon models, it could also become awkward in overworld view, so the models would have to be adjusted to 'fit in' better, however I don't know if it actually needs a lot or little extra data to use those 800 Pokemon models in overworld. Imagining if they add this feature, they gotta leave out that regarding to data usage.
However I don't have much knowledge of how these things work, it's much more like having a superficial image. If you know better, feel free to correct me. :D

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Z- Crystal distribution. They have to right? I have the Snorlium Z and Mewnium Z but i want to re-start Pokemon Sun and since they can't be traded i will end up loosing both.

I wouldn't count on it. Gamefreak and the Pokémon Company have always been abysmal regarding mythicals and event-only stuff distributions, and you can't trade mythicals either without hacking them. I don't even have Mewnium Z right now because I don't have Bank and I don't have Mew either. As long as there's no sign of them releasing Mew again in the Netherlands in the foreseeable future I'm not going to bother getting a Z-crystal I can't even use. They don't *have to* give out mythical Z-crystals at all, I don't think GameFreak even considers mythical pokémon to be really part of the game, considering so many countries get them like a decade later than Japan, or don't even get them at all. They are also pretty much useless as they're banned everywhere, even in trading. They're clearly not meant to be actually used, they never even cared enough about actually making them available to all their customers. And I don't think event-only Z-crystals are going to be distributed better. Especially the Snorlium Z which is a bit like a mythical. It looks awesome, but it's worthless in actual battle.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Oh yea. You know the FPS lag during double battles with a legendary bird? I imagined something similar happening in a city: regarding to those larger Pokemon models, it could also become awkward in overworld view, so the models would have to be adjusted to 'fit in' better, however I don't know if it actually needs a lot or little extra data to use those 800 Pokemon models in overworld. Imagining if they add this feature, they gotta leave out that regarding to data usage.
However I don't have much knowledge of how these things work, it's much more like having a superficial image. If you know better, feel free to correct me. :D
This is what I was trying to say before about the 3DS not being able to handle over 800+ individual walking Pokémon sprites. The Legendary Birds in doubles slows everything down and in the over world this will have a huge effect on the game's graphics.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Instead of a cutscene activating when you arrive at a place, I would rather it activate while talking to the NPC in question. That way, you can travel through the island and then get back to the story when you want/need to.

Am I the only person who would like to see Megas return? They made Some Pokemon relevant again but they gave them to unnecessary Pokemon like Garchomp, Raqyaza and MewTwo.

Give them to Corsola or Dunsparce, give them to Pokemon that actually need to become competitive

Blaze990

Am I the only person who would like to see Megas return? They made Some Pokemon relevant again but they gave them to unnecessary Pokemon like Garchomp, Raqyaza and MewTwo.

Give them to Corsola or Dunsparce, give them to Pokemon that actually need to become competitive

Oh yea I forgot about Megas! Definitely want those back!

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Another thing we need - more NPCs in cities and towns! I go through Heahea and Malie these days and it's really, really weird how there aren't many people outside. It would make the cities seem more lively. Especially Malie and Hau 'oli who need this the most.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
This is what I was trying to say before about the 3DS not being able to handle over 800+ individual walking Pokémon sprites. The Legendary Birds in doubles slows everything down and in the over world this will have a huge effect on the game's graphics.

To be fair though, there was a hacker that found walking and running animations for every pokemon and their formes in Sun and Moon. So it could happen, I just don't think it's likely. Probably got pretty far in development before they realized something that didn't allow it to work.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
Another thing we need - more NPCs in cities and towns! I go through Heahea and Malie these days and it's really, really weird how there aren't many people outside. It would make the cities seem more lively. Especially Malie and Hau 'oli who need this the most.
Are there actually less NPC's standing around in those cities? I didn't notice a difference, maybe because they have those NPC's walking around the city in almost every city and town this time, that really adds to the liveliness as well.

I wouldn't count on it. Gamefreak and the Pokémon Company have always been abysmal regarding mythicals and event-only stuff distributions, and you can't trade mythicals either without hacking them. I don't even have Mewnium Z right now because I don't have Bank and I don't have Mew either. As long as there's no sign of them releasing Mew again in the Netherlands in the foreseeable future I'm not going to bother getting a Z-crystal I can't even use. They don't *have to* give out mythical Z-crystals at all, I don't think GameFreak even considers mythical pokémon to be really part of the game, considering so many countries get them like a decade later than Japan, or don't even get them at all. They are also pretty much useless as they're banned everywhere, even in trading. They're clearly not meant to be actually used, they never even cared enough about actually making them available to all their customers. And I don't think event-only Z-crystals are going to be distributed better. Especially the Snorlium Z which is a bit like a mythical. It looks awesome, but it's worthless in actual battle.
Ever since you could receive mystery gifts through the internet, I'm pretty sure they distributed each mythical at least twice. Mew was recently distributed as one of the monthly mythicals during the anniversary, so I'm not sure if you somehow missed that? They do make them easily available for their customers these days, just don't expect them to release every single one of them each year.

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Ever since you could receive mystery gifts through the internet, I'm pretty sure they distributed each mythical at least twice. Mew was recently distributed as one of the monthly mythicals during the anniversary, so I'm not sure if you somehow missed that? They do make them easily available for their customers these days, just don't expect them to release every single one of them each year.

I don't have the gen 4 to gen 6 games, and Mew was only distributed in those in my country. I also don't have Celebi because it was only released in gen 6 (yes it took GameFreak like 14 years to release it after the release of Gold/Silver).

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I don't have the gen 4 to gen 6 games, and Mew was only distributed in those in my country. I also don't have Celebi because it was only released in gen 6 (yes it took GameFreak like 14 years to release it after the release of Gold/Silver).

Celebi was released during the 10th anniversary event, but that's neither here or there.

-Customization: Always a plus! I just hope they add dresses this time like they did in X and Y. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, but either way, I'll be happy with customization.
-Megas: Since we don't typically get new evolutions in 'remakes/sequels', I'd like to see some more megas for pokemon that could use them.
-Re-challenging trainers on the spot: This. THIS is something I want back so bad. I hate for the only place to grind in the postgame to be the Elite Four. I'd like to go back and challenge the NPCs I saw along the way and it'd be a much easier way to grind instead of either the Elite Four or just fighting level 40-50 pokemon.
-Poke Pelago: It's pretty cool and a nice place to have all the berries at.

Things I don't want back...

The C-gear. I thought it was one of the most aggravating tools and I didn't care for it. I know it'd be a LONG shot for it to return, but still...PSS from Gen VI was much simpler and useful.

Last edited:
I'll add something I haven't seen anybody else mention.

I would like there to be more things to use my money on. That was my major issue with Sun/Moon. Once I bought all the tms, there was nothing else I needed my ingame money for. Everything else worthwhile either required my Battle Points or my Festival Coins.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I would definitely like it if concerning customization that if we do see actual dresses again that they're not limited to ending above or at the knee. Give us something more like what our mother wears in Sun and Moon. :3

I'll add something I haven't seen anybody else mention.

I would like there to be more things to use my money on. That was my major issue with Sun/Moon. Once I bought all the tms, there was nothing else I needed my ingame money for. Everything else worthwhile either required my Battle Points or my Festival Coins.

If you haven't already, go and collect all those clothing items! :D That'll get rid of some of those excess funds.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I want a full Battle Frontier, with interesting and varied options like the original two, but new innovations for a far more current generation. I do NOT want a single, if well-executed, venue and concept like the PWT in Gen 5; I want it to be a large part of the Alola region physically, and I want it to be clear that a lot of thought was put into the design and execution. It's not a deal breaker, but I'm a particular kind of fan who loves both the actual game and the pseudo-competitive post-game experience.

I'd also like features like Pelago or the Festival Plaza to be fleshed out, easier to use, and more attractive - nearly a year on and I haven't used them almost at all.

Pokémon will never be a real RPG without real character customization

We're getting there; just think how much expansion there was between XY and SM, apart from gingers sadly being erased from the Pokemon world. It's just a slow process for a franchise that is used to having static characters and using them as pseudo-mascots for each generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.