• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Features you want/Don't want returning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
What are some of the features from previous games (be that SM or prior generations) that you either love and want to see included or dislike and would rather be a thing of the past?

Explain your reasons why if you can!

Exceed

o m e g a
Pokeball Seals! Well I guess I'd have to wait for Gen 4 remakes for those... It'd make more sense to bring them back then.

Obviously I'd love crap like the Battle Frontier back, but I don't think we'll be getting that in USUM.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I would say Festival Plaza to not return, but I got used to it lol If they do plan to bring it back, please make it so we can obtain Festival Tickets more easily. And to see our complete profile like everyone else's.

Does being able to enter those random houses (in most cities) with doors count? I want that feature more than anything else, 'cause well, entering random houses in previous games added to the world, but in S/M it was really limited to just Iki Town and Seafolk Village. Also, who else wants soaring to return?

Last edited:

Exceed

o m e g a
I would say Festival Plaza to not return, but I got used to it lol

Does being able to enter those random houses (in most cities) with doors count? I want that feature more than anything else. Also, who else wants soaring to return?

Oh my yes! How could I forget about soaring? Definitely NEED that back.

Soaring was brilliant. When people first saw Charizard Fly, they all thought they'd be able to soar across a miniature Alola overworld, but that never came to be. It'd be awesome if it did in USUM.

As for features... I'm split on SOS battles. I think it'd be cool for SOS Battles to only be able to be activated by either using an Adrenaline Orb or the battle being a Totem one. It seriously annoyed me when I was trying to capture Pokemon for my team and they called out for help (looking at you Mimikyu), but I did get my first ever shiny through SOS and it's a great way to Shiny-hunt.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Soaring was brilliant. When people first saw Charizard Fly, they all thought they'd be able to soar across a miniature Alola overworld, but that never came to be. It'd be awesome if it did in USUM.

As for features... I'm split on SOS battles. I think it'd be cool for SOS Battles to only be able to be activated by either using an Adrenaline Orb or the battle being a Totem one. It seriously annoyed me when I was trying to capture Pokemon for my team and they called out for help (looking at you Mimikyu), but I did get my first ever shiny through SOS and it's a great way to Shiny-hunt.

Oh yes, better balance SOS battles, how could I forget this? A way to balance them is to have them activate only when you use an Adrenaline Orb.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Pokeball Seals!

Oh yes! I'd love to have those again too!

I would say Festival Plaza to not return, but I got used to it lol If they do plan to bring it back, please make it so we can obtain Festival Tickets more easily. And to see our complete profile like everyone else's.

Festival Plaza is awesome, come on! :p Well, except for the bugs that they never fixed. Btw you can have some of my spare tickets if you want them. XD

As for me... (clears throat)

Customization to return! Customization to return! Customization to return!

#AylaNeedsHerFashions

Btw I'm not at all worried about it not returning; there's no excuse to not bring it back.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Pokeball Seals! Well I guess I'd have to wait for Gen 4 remakes for those... It'd make more sense to bring them back then.

I'd expect Seals to stay Sinnoh exclusive honestly, but I hope I'm wrong cuz it was a nice feature. I also wouldn't mind having Pokemon follow us in Ultra Sun/Moon, tho with each new Gen I lose hope that we'll ever see this again. :[

Exceed

o m e g a
I'd expect Seals to stay Sinnoh exclusive honestly, but I hope I'm wrong cuz it was a nice feature. I also wouldn't mind having Pokemon follow us in Ultra Sun/Moon, tho with each new Gen I lose hope that we'll ever see this again. :[

Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't HGSS also have a seal feature as part of Gen 4?

.Aerodactyl.

Want:

1. Following Pokémon again! I know it's useless, I don't even need the whole item pickup thing that HGSS did. I just want the dream of walking with my Pokémon.
2. Battle Frontier. The post game would be incredible!
3. Customization.
4. A room decorating feature. Doesn't necessarily have to be secret bases, I just hate feeling homeless in the region. I know, technically we have a house, but I saved the WORLD I don't wanna move back in with Mom, she can't even finish unpacking in that time :p
5. Contests. Made some of my bad nature shines have some use.
6. Pokeride, I don't miss the HM's.
7. The National Dex.
8. Pelego. Seriously the best thing to happen to Pokémon in years!
9. Refresh/Amie. I can't get enough...it's honestly made me fill the Dex just to raise them from infancy and pet their little cheeks :')

Would think is cool and use it but won't really be upset if it doesn't:

1. Pokeseals. I do love customization options and would use it, but I'm also find without.
2. Poketch from generation 4. There were some useless apps, but I really liked some! The counter for chaining and the breeder app was cool. Miss the one that checked happiness so I don't have to keep flying to find that one guy.
3. Safari Zone. Nostalgic and shakes up the catching system, but gone without before and sometimes it's frustrating.

Don't want back:

1. Festival Plaza. I like the lottery and dye house, but it's honestly just work for me not fun.
2. Soaring. I'm sorry, I know many of you like it and I'm happy for you, but it made flying places take WAY longer and it got annoying for me eventually.
3. Rotomdex. He didn't really do anything that I needed and was actually kind of annoying with his talking. I'd have been fine with a standard Dex and a map.
4. Pokegear. Radio was fine but YES JOEY I HEARD ABOUT YOUR RATTATA.
5. Super training. Isle Evelup is WAY better.
6. Seasons. They were just overrated in my opinion. It was frustrating having to time my get to get places because of snow and what not.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I don't mind festival Plaza returning but please don't make it where you trade and battle >.> at least make it so you don't have to do a tutorial first in order to trade/battle.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I would really like it actually if they found some way to sort of integrate Festival Plaza and PSS so that we can have the best of both worlds, because I really like both features and am sad to see one or the other gone.

It may be kinda random, but I sort of want DexNav to return. It was a neat little gadget and I was sad to see it go, so while it is unlikely, it'd be cool if we got it back in USUM.

Snickerdoodle

I definitely want following Pokemon to return! They have the models and animations for it, so why not? Also please give Rotomdex more dialog and tell them to stop holding my hand so tightly.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I was expecting someone to mention this by now, but I suppose this thread just started, so...

Move Tutors

I really hope they come back in these new games. The games are not first in the generation, which do not usually have them. I sure hope the games have the move tutors. They give such variations to movesets and can really help coverage and team planning.

.Aerodactyl.

I was expecting someone to mention this by now, but I suppose this thread just started, so...

Move Tutors

I really hope they come back in these new games. The games are not first in the generation, which do not usually have them. I sure hope the games have the move tutors. They give such variations to movesets and can really help coverage and team planning.

I honestly just kinda figured they were a given actually XD

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
WANT
1. Soaring - I mean, come on. Why would they give that to us in ORAS and then just make it vanish like that? That ain't right.
2. Custom Gym (ORAS-esque or otherwise) - I want my gym, damn it!
3. Bicycle - I miss it. I can't recall if it was in SM or not, but I don't think it was.
4. Diving - That ****'s cool. I'd like to do it again.
5. Roller Skates - I enjoy it, and it can make for a pretty neat method of transportation.

DON'T WANT
1. Tailing Pokémon - Sorry, but that mess is annoying. I don't want my pokemon following me.
2. Mandatory Tutorials - 'Nuff said.
3. The following PokéRides:
- Mudsdale; we don't need it or those rocky terrains. Like, for real.
- Stoutland; it's an unnecessary substitute for the Itemfinder.
- Machamp; Here's the thing. Strength was never a good HM, so we sure as hell don't need a replacement for it.
4. Evil Teams - Lusamine set the stage for having a good story without making an evil team the focus. Let's keep it that way.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Want:
Soaring
Sky battles
Hoard Battles
Roller skates
Diving (they missed out on a perfect opportunity for Alola, I mean come its based off of Hawaii)
Pokemon Following the Player (but make it so that the Pokemon doesn't have to be in the first place of the party)
More Event only Pokemon losing their "event only" status

Yeah there is nothing I can think of that I don't want

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Here's a list of features I want to see. But of course I am not expecting much when the actual game is out:

• An expansive post-game. More places to explore aside from the four main islands. Also give us a ton of sidequests which are not Looker missions.
  • National Dex.
  • With that said, post-game Pokemon hunting. I really enjoyed revisiting routes or exploring new areas to capture Pokemon outside of the regional Dex. Island Scan sucks.
  • Gimmick feature. Any equivalent to Contests/PokeStar Studios/etc.
  • Rematches. Any form of trainer rematch outside of the League. VS Seeker or something.
  • More RotomDex features or a separate gadget. Apart from the Dex, map and camera, I kinda wish we had something akin to Poketch.
  • Dive. Water is everywhere. Give us a Dive PokeRide.
  • A Victory Road before the League.
  • A Battle Frontier-like facility. I seriously doubt a PWT type of facility though.
  • Safari Zone of sorts.
  • Bike. But I understand that it's gone because of PokeRide.
  • Different Trainer encounter themes. In SM, all trainers shared the same theme. They just had varying beeps when them "!" appears.
  • Intro movies. Gen 1-5 all had these nice intro movies before the title shows up. The recent ones are basically slideshows of in-game clips.
  • More Apricorn balls. Wouldn't be surprised if there are suddenly Apricorn trees scattered around Alola.

.Aerodactyl.

It's funny how some of us have things on completely opposite lists. Just goes to show how Pokémon is different for each person! I could live without the bike for riding Pokémon, but I kinda wish we didn't have to wear the riding outfit. I spent all that time customizing my Character to look at them, not me on Tauros circling to hatch eggs :(

Another thing I forgot to mention... LOVE the nursery!!! Yeah for the no-no level up. Seriously makes breeding WAY easier. A+ must return.

Status
Not open for further replies.