• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Features you want/Don't want returning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
smh people defending the decision to stay on 3DS and then wondering why battles never have more than four Pokemon

I'd much prefer to have a semi-passable framerate and finish my turn sometime this year, thank you

Rileyixx

Pokemon Fanatic ^.^
There is so many features I want to return or see added

Trainer Rematch- I'd like some kind of VS Seeker/Match Call feature added in. The 3DS Pokemon games feel light on trainers because it's built with EXP All in mind but at least Kalos had rematchable daily trainers so you didn't fall to far behind

More Trainers- A lot of areas feel too light on trainer battles so it ends up feeling a bit empty

Move Tutors- I feel like a lot of the newer Pokemon were designed with competitive in mind but they're seriously lacking in moves compared to the others

Old Fishing- New system is too restricting

Battle Frontier- I'm tired of the increasingly easy Battle Tower variants, we need some different post game battle areas

More Areas to Explore- I just want more routes and caves and stuff to explore the linear paths to make it easier for newer players feels constricting

More Alolan Forms- Some of these new Alolan forms gave some Pokemon a new breath of life, it would be cool if we saw some other Pokemon get them

Soaring- I enjoyed zooming around the region in the sky and it could easily be used to put more side areas or add more Pokemon to the dex

Different Wild Lists- Some areas were just lacking in Pokemon like they only had 2 or 3 Pokemon not including SOS Battles so they became dull fast, also some areas aren't reliable training spots due to unevolved Pokemon

More Dailies- There wasn't a lot of dailies in the game and some of them like Battle Buffet were limiting in their once a day policy

Optional Rotom Dex- I don't like the hand-holding from the map, it's also a rather annoying character

More Customisation- I love the customisation features and I hope they add more options particularly for the guys since they seem to lack in areas, possibly make clothes wearable for both genders like in ACNL

Extra Side Stuff- I want something different in the game like Contests or Pokestar Studios and maybe bring back the medal system

Separate Plaza and PSS- I don't use WiFi much but the Plaza seemed really clunky for battles and trades

Secret Base or Room Decoration- I loved the secret bases in Gen 3/4 and would love them to return or at least let us decorate our room

Diving- There is plenty of water areas they could make use of them more with a dive PokeRide

Build on the Poke Finder- Poke Finder is a cool concept but there isn't much incentive to use it

Safari Zone HGSS style- A customisable Safari Zone would be a great way to get Pokemon into Alola and would be a good way to get National Dex pokemon

Difficult Settings- It was a great idea in BW2, it was just executed poorly, it'd be nice to have a bit more of a challenge

Side Quests- I know Pokemon isn't the typical RPG but having some missions that aren't a part of the main story would be nice

More Callbacks- I'd love to see more trainers from other regions show up, Gym Leaders, E4, Champs, Player Characters, Rivals, Professors and Evil Team members, I want to see them all even if it's just in Battle Tree or some kind of PWT thing

Also for the person suggesting a gym system I'd put Molayne as 6th and Mina as 7th

Wingulltrainer

Well right off the bat, Nanu isn't becoming a Gym Leader. He only became a Kahuna because Tapu Bulu forced him to, and unless it forces him again (read: it wouldn't, because the Tapus have no reason to care about the appointment of Gym Leaders) he wouldn't lift a finger. That's the entire reason Acerola ended up on the E4 to begin with. You're vastly simplifying how easy the transition would be.

And you'd have to fit mina, the fairy type captain in there somewhere.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Build on the Poke Finder- Poke Finder is a cool concept but there isn't much incentive to use it

One thing I would really like is to be able to take pics wherever in Alola.
I don't want to be limited to Photo Spots.

It would actually be interesting to see how people (probably limited to important NPCs) would react once you brought the camera up.
Or if you used the camera on the routes, you'd be able to actually see the wild Pokemon.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Here's what I'm thinking right now:

Want:
Dive
Pokeball seals
Following pokemon (I know some people don't like it, but I think it's cute.)
Customization
Battle Frontier (Or something interesting to do post-game.)
Refresh/Amie
Pokeride
Difficulty settings (And please, from the start!)
The Jurassic Park the one guy was working on!
More plot, other world, post-game, etc. (Gyms and trials wouldn't be that bad.)
Less SOS Battles (I don't necessarily want them gone, I just don't want them constantly.)

Don't:
Festival Plaza (Unless they overhaul this, it's still going to suck.)
Spot exclusive fishing (This was like a major step backwards.)

I've seen people be annoyed at the Gen 5 EXP system returning, but I'm personally all up for it staying! It helps me a lot when it comes to filling up the Pokedex since most of the Pokemon I need to evolve for the Dex are low-levelled. It can make going through even the first 20 levels much easier if I grind on the Poni Plains.

Baggie_Saiyan

The Elite Four isn't going anywhere, regardless of what else changes about these games. That much is pretty safe to say.

And even if they didn't for some reason, the only alternative Alola has is the final Grand Trial that it had prior to Kukui establishing the League, which is essentially a distinction without a difference.

Considering how they (finally) got rid of the outdated and stale gym system and HM's, I don't think anything is really safe, especially if US/M is a prequel.

AmethystLeslie

I want to see a revamp for Festival Plaza. I'm fine with them adding a Friends List if nothing else.

Xuxuba

Features i want to return:

NATIONAL DEX. FOR F*** SAKE.

Battle Frontier-like facility.

World Tournament-like facility.

Rematches.

Customization

Amie- like feature.

New mega stones and quests to obtain mega stones, instead of getting them by using BP or by entering Tournaments.

Move tutors that require BPs instead of shards.

Horde battles. I HATE SOS BATTLES WITH A BURNING PASSION.

Features i do not want back:

SOS BATTLES. I DO NOT WANT TO WASTE 30 MIN TO CATCH A F**** CATERPIE.

Festival plaza (i would be okay with a Join Avenue feature tho, it would be way better)

Akashin

Considering how they (finally) got rid of the outdated and stale gym system and HM's, I don't think anything is really safe, especially if US/M is a prequel.

And yet even as they scrapped Gyms (and perhaps only temporarily, at that), the Elite Four remained. Even if it's something they may change up in the future, they're not going to do so mid-Generation.

And like I said, in the case of a prequel (which for the record would make no sense whatsoever, unless Solgaleo/Lunala will be present through a means other than Nebbie) we'd just be fighting the four Kahunas one after the other to become the Island Challenge Champion. Sounds awfully similar to fighting the Elite Four to become Champion to me.

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Features i do not want back:

SOS BATTLES. I DO NOT WANT TO WASTE 30 MIN TO CATCH A F**** CATERPIE.

Festival plaza (i would be okay with a Join Avenue feature tho, it would be way better)
Just give the first one a status condition and it will never call for an ally. Makes them easier to catch also. Win-Win.

I'm with you on bringing back hordes though.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Just give the first one a status condition and it will never call for an ally. Makes them easier to catch also. Win-Win.

I've had some luck finding rare Pokémon rather quickly through SOS Battles. I found and caught an Umbreon after two cries for help from Eevee and KO'd the called Pokémon. That took less than ten minutes. I think it was about seven or eight. It took longer to KO Eevee and weaken the Umbreon than to find it. Then I got Mareanie after fifteen minutes of trying. It was the fifth Pokémon to appear and it only took so long because I was trying hard not to KO Corsola by having my Decidueye use False Swipe on it every turn.

Xuxuba

I know, but i do not want to have to use status conditions on every single pokemon i find, let alone the ones that should be easy to catch.

They should just get rid of this feature. It adds absolutely nothing to the gameplay, other than help with ev training (which was just fine with hordes), and it can be quite annoying.

Last edited:

Wadeledge

Till all are One
I've seen people be annoyed at the Gen 5 EXP system returning, but I'm personally all up for it staying! It helps me a lot when it comes to filling up the Pokedex since most of the Pokemon I need to evolve for the Dex are low-levelled. It can make going through even the first 20 levels much easier if I grind on the Poni Plains.

It also helps with adding a low leveled Pokemon to your party later in the game to get them up to speed with the rest of the team.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Gen 5's experience system was kind of annoying for me in generation 5, but not so much in this generation. If anything it's ruddy useful because once I get into say, the 60's or so, I can essentially just use rare kitchen 5-stars to finish raising a Pokemon.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I know, but i do not want to have to use status conditions on every single pokemon i find, let alone the ones that should be easy to catch.

They should just get rid of this feature. It adds absolutely nothing to the gameplay, other than help with ev training (which was just fine with hordes), and it can be quite annoying.

I think SOS battles was one of the few new things that are worth keeping. It was a way to give us wild pokemon with good IVs and hidden abilities, and a better chance at shiny pokemon, since the Friend Safari was gone. I appreciated that a lot because it meant a lot more diversity than what the Friend Safari offered. I would just prefer to tweak them so that they are only triggered by adrenaline orbs and the 3 abilities and didn't have a chance to happen randomly.

Last edited:
I've had some luck finding rare Pokémon rather quickly through SOS Battles. I found and caught an Umbreon after two cries for help from Eevee and KO'd the called Pokémon. That took less than ten minutes. I think it was about seven or eight. It took longer to KO Eevee and weaken the Umbreon than to find it. Then I got Mareanie after fifteen minutes of trying. It was the fifth Pokémon to appear and it only took so long because I was trying hard not to KO Corsola by having my Decidueye use False Swipe on it every turn.

I did get lucky sometimes with my SOS calls when doing Shiny hunts, but I had horrible luck when trying to catch my Mimikyu during the plot - it took me around half an hour just to catch a single one. I'd rather keep SOS battles, but refine the system considerably.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I feel like Ad Orbs should trigger SOS so in game you're free to catch what you want but for shiny hunters you need to activate them.

Want trials to be more varied if gyms don't return. SM trials were too similar to gyms with exception of Mallow.

Soaring back as well please.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Please bring back the VS seeker, that was one of my favorite parts of the older games :(....

Status
Not open for further replies.