• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Features you want/Don't want returning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I find it quite unlikely but I like this choice.

Volcanic island chains are usually nearby a deep oceanic trench (a tectonic plate being pushed underneath another plate is what produces the volcanoes in the first place). So, in that case, if there was a deep oceanic trench nearby we could explore only post game, that would be pretty amazing. Humans can only go so deep underwater without external devices assisting with the pressure, so if a gift post game is a diving suit, we could battle deep sea pokemon while looking like an underwater astronaut, whoo!

Ultra Beast Lover

And I do love exploring the history of the Pokemon world, I hope there's some Unknown writing if there are some ruins as I always enjoyed deciphering it. At the very least I'm hoping for a cave with some writing that'll foreshadow something from the next generation like with the Regi trio and Regigigas.

I wonder if they will try to connect more of the lore between Kalos and Alola. It was mentioned somewhat in Sun and Moon because of Zygarde, but they didn't really go into detail.
It would be really interesting if there was a connection between Hoenn's lore and Alola's lore due to the existence of volcanoes in both places. Probably not since we just had ORAS, but more detail on Pokemon lore is always appreciated.

Ultra Beast Lover

There is this one interesting theory I heard a few weeks ago, so far it only connects Kalos, Unova, and Hoenn in that there was some chaos brewing amongst them three thousand years ago. It sounds pretty legit although it doesn't connect Alola, Sinnoh, Johto, and Kanto yet.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Can't believe I never actually posted this. There are some features I really want to come back in USUM and there are some I don't want to return.

Want

- The DexNav: This is still my favorite feature from ORAS and I really missed it in SM. It was such a useful tool when catching Pokemon to fill up my PokeDex. Not only that, I loved being able to rematch trainers I had already battled to train, it made life so much easier. I hope they bring this back in USUM.

- Ride Pokemon: Do I need to explain this? It was such a convenience not having to deal with HM's in these games. That was one of the biggest pet peeves from the previous games. I hope they keep this feature in other games.

- Poke Pelago: Still is my favorite feature from SM. It was such a neat feature and I was pretty much checking it every single day while playing. And it was such a big help when I was completing the PokeDex and you need evolution stones to evolve some Pokemon. I loved this feature and I hope it stays in future games.

- The Bicycle: I hated the fact that they got rid of this feature in SM, especially when breeding for shinies. It made the time go by so much faster when on a bike. I really missed it and I really it comes back.

- SOS Battles: I did hate SOS Battles in these games and if they do bring it back which I'm sure they will, I hope they make some changes to it. I think it is fitting for Totem Pokemon to call for their allies, that is perfectly fine by me. But not every single Pokemon in the damn game. Nothing got more to me than when you're trying to catch a Pokemon and you get it to low enough HO so you can catch it, only to have it call for help. Just make it so the only way for a Pokemon can call for help is if you use an adrenaline orb.

- Fishing: I feel like I'm the only one who hated the new way of fishing and want them to bring back the old way of doing so. I especially hated fishing in these specific spots, only to encounter Magikarp. I hate the new way of fishing so much and it hope they get rid of it.

- Tutorials: I hope they give us the option to skip through tutorials while playing. Pretty much everyone has played previous games and already know how to catch Pokemon. The tutorials are not necessary and there really should be an option to skip it.

- Character Customization: This is still my favorite feature from XY and I'm so glad it came back in SM. I just hope they make up the lacking options for the male character. Don't get me wrong, they did give him so many better options but it was still not up to par. There could have been so many better options for Sun and it was just lacking completely, IMO.

Not Want

- Pokemon Following You: I honestly hated this feature so much and it got so annoying when playing through HeartGold. All I wanted to do was put the Pokemon back in its PokeBall. I've seen so many wanting this feature to come back and I'll be honest, I'll be happy if it does come back as an optional feature, not a mandatory one.

- Festival Plaza: This feature is a nightmare and it is still the worst feature to ever come out of a Pokemon game. I swear, all I wanted to do was trade Pokemon with my friend, not sit around during a forty minute speech from Sophacles about what this dumb feature is. Please, for the love of everything in this universe, get rid of it and replace it with the PSS.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I think either a Gorebyss or Huntail (version exclusive) would be cool as a ride Pokemon for diving.

Ultra Beast Lover

Is there already a way to freely transfer Pokemon? Because I don't want to pay annual fees for a feature I'm only going to use once every few years

Ultra Beast Lover

Well that's something they can do for these next games, make a feature that lets you transfer Pokemon without having to pay

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Well that's something they can do for these next games, make a feature that lets you transfer Pokemon without having to pay

I don't see that happening. Besides, with being able to hold 3,000 Pokemon and the ability to earn BP or Pokemiles just for housing Pokemon, I think $5 a year to get Pokemon Bank is perfectly fine.

Akashin

Whether it's possible at this point or not (it wasn't at the time Bank was introduced), it's not going to happen. Bank is here to stay.

Ultra Beast Lover

Oh well, maybe someday. Anyways, I'd also like to do Aether missions. They'd be postgame missions that Gladion would let you help with and you can even rank up

Trainee-You have one basic job which is to locate a missing Pokemon and bring it to one of several Aether bases around Alola. This just requires five missions for level up.

Employee-You can now offer aid to Pokemon weather they be wild or a trainer's, there's the basic quick cure but sometimes you have to use a Pokemon's ability to heal it for instance Freshwater on a Pokemon with Hydration or Rain Dish. It requires seven missions to level up.

Admin-Highest level, you can now take care of the Pokemon in the foundation and Pokemon rescue missions, the latter is just battling a threat/using a Ride Pokemon to save the Pokemon in question.

This is mostly for clothes, and some Pokemon will join you if you don't already have one of whatever species it is and if they were wild, also trainee pays 1,000 poke dollars, Employee pays 5,000 poke dollars, and Admin pays 10,000 poke dollars.

Hasty

Moonside
What I really want to return is having more and better puzzles. The few puzzles in SM were too straightforward (e.g. at the Tapu ruins). I especially like many of the Gym puzzles from earlier games, they're not too easy and not too hard and many of them have an interesting design and are kind of unique which makes them really fun. They don't need to have Gyms, but I would really like if they put similar puzzles into different parts of these games.

Ultra Beast Lover

Also the ability to sleep in the hotels and interact with the guests, and some police missions because the police stations seem under used for something many other regions didn't have

Sprinter1988

The thing I most want to see return is the Vs Seeker from Fire Red, Leaf Green, Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. The ability to re-battle trainers you have fought before is always a good thing to include and personally I think that the Vs Seeker was the best one that they ever came up with - run up and down for 100 steps and then scan with the seeker to find out if anyone wants a rematch. Simple.

Leader rematches should be brought back as well. The way Heart Gold and Soul Silver handled the rematches was the best (though the whole "fight only at certain times of the week" thing was a bit annoying) - its always fun to see a Gym Leader (or in this case a Trial Captain) with a full team of six.

Lastly: the ability to go fishing wherever the hell you like. Only being able to fish on bits of rock was a dumb idea to include!

Status
Not open for further replies.