• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[Feb 2007] Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon in Japan

Raine_Skylock

FINAL FANTASY XII
according to Yumi Iizuka, there is going to be a special airing in February next year in Japan that features Kasumi (Misty). I believe that this special is likely to be a Japanese translation of the premiered US Special "The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon".

[EDIT] If this proves true, It will mean that the US special will be filled with pointless PokeShipping hints like many people think it will be

Last edited:

kaibachaoschampion

Feather Trainer
Raine_Skylock said:
If this proves true, it goes to show that the special isn't a 4Kids written thing thats going to be filled with pointless PokeShipping hints like many people think it will be

I can't understand why people think 4Kids wrote the script. They had nothing to do with the special.

Chris

Old Coot
Uh..that IS the same special, only in Japanese. And it wasn't written by 4Kids to begin with. And what PokeShipping hints? There weren't any in the special to begin with.

Raine_Skylock

FINAL FANTASY XII
This might be the japanese translation from the US special. I apologize about the 4Kids-thingie. Im just very sleepy, I didnt go to bed a while ago.

Anyways, Since this "will be" on Feb 2007, any improvements in the animation might be seen. I heard that some of the animation in the US special are critisized, any re-animate thing might be done.

Chris

Old Coot
Maybe, maybe not. I do know for a fact that they did indeed reanimate scenes in the first movie (which was passed down to KidsWB and 4Kids) where heavy amounts of CG was used instead of hand drawn animation.

Though that was years ago, so I doubt they'll do something similar with fixing animation problems. >_> Not unless it goes on DVD, that is.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Raine_Skylock said:
This might be the japanese translation from the US special.
How can it be a translation of a US special, when it was more than likely written and completed there first, voice acting and all?

And while I'm on the topic. Is there any solid information that confirms this was indeed commissioned by an american company? Because I haven't seen anything apart from fan speculation.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Nope, according to Dogasu the Pokeani special said Misty's japanese va finished recording the voice in February. Some people may think this is the "mysterious" special, theirs a topic on it in the spoiler section.

PiPikachu

Chu Chu Chu
Just one question, Why would they announce their gonna show a special next February this far in advance???

Raine_Skylock

FINAL FANTASY XII
"Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon" or the "Mysterious Misty special", There's a special that'll be air this Feb. I, myself, dont know about this, I just got this from another pokemon fansite (which Im not allowed to advertise)

Since there's a "Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon" that'll be in japanese version, this topic talks about the US special that'll be dubbed in japanese. If this will turn out to be a "Misty special", I have no choice but to lock this topic.

Now, Is it this exciting that Japanese Pokemon fans will have the chance to watch the US special?

BTW, Some of the scenes might be re-animated.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I don't see why the Japanese fans would be too excited, it was pretty average as far as specials go.

I wonder how they'll solve the plothole of Misty recognizing Mew, when she had her memory erased, and unlike the others, she didn't see one in Movie 8.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Raine_Skylock said:
according to Yumi Iizuka, there is going to be a special airing in February next year in Japan that features Kasumi (Misty). I believe that this special is likely to be a Japanese translation of the premiered US Special "The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon".

Copy/paste:

Me over on Bulbagarden said:
The part about the special airing in February was mistranslated. Everyone saw "February" on PokeAni and assumed that the special was airing in February 2007, when what the text really said is that Kasumi's VA recorded her voice for a special this February (2006).

Edward Elric said:
Though that was years ago, so I doubt they'll do something similar with fixing animation problems. >_> Not unless it goes on DVD, that is.

They also did that for the Deoxys movie, remember?

kaibachaoschampion said:
I can't understand why people think 4Kids wrote the script. They had nothing to do with the special.

Except for...y'know, paying for it to be produced in the first place.

Token

"I wonder how they'll solve the plothole of Misty recognizing Mew, when she had her memory erased, and unlike the others, she didn't see one in Movie 8."

three words: Mewtwo returns.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
I don't think he did. I think all he did was not erase their memories of the events of "Mewtwo Returns"...the events of "Mewtwo Strikes Back" are still lost. Which is why we didn't see any scenes from that movie when the Mirage Master was going through Pikachu's memories.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Exactly why Misty remembering Mew is a plothole, she never saw it again after the 1st movie.

Although technically, not showing images from Movie 1 doesn't mean much. They didn't show any images from Movies 6-8 either. You'd think Jirachi, Deoxys, Rayquaza, the Regi's and Lucario would be of interest to Yung, eh?

Heracross

Custom User Title
Well even if she didn't see it, it is still a legendary pokémon. She could have just learned of it some other way.

Last edited:
P

PikachuAdvanced

I wasn't too fond of the animation in the movie, myself.... everything(or at least the characters) looked strange... ><; I bothered me.
Anyhoo, I'am looking forward to seeing in Japanese, if it gets around the 'net after it airs in Japan. ^^