• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Feb 23rd: SM15 - Scratchmark Hill, Iwanko and Lugarugan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
One night, Satoshi returns home to find that Iwanko, who had been watching the house, has been injured. He tries setting up a surveillance camera to find out the reason for this, but...?!

-----

One night, Satoshi returns home to find that Iwanko, who had been watching the house, has been injured. He tries setting up a surveillance camera to find out the reason for this. And then, as the two of them watch excitedly, Iwanko goes outside. And when they hurry after it, they see an unexpected spectacle take place right before their eyes.

-----

One night, Satoshi returns home to find that the Puppy Pokémon Iwanko, who had been watching the house, had been injured. He and Professor Kukui decided to set up a surveillance camera to check what Iwanko does when they aren't home. And then Iwanko leaves the house and disappears off somewhere......?

-----

http://i.imgur.com/Yzzwew8.jpg

Where is the injured Iwanko headed?!
One night, when Satoshi returned home, Iwanko had been injured! He and Professor Kukui were surprised by this and decide to use a surveillance camera to observe what Iwanko does. And when the two see Iwanko leave the house, they chase after it.

-----

When Satoshi returned home one night, Iwanko, who had been watching the house, has been injured! He and Professor Kukui were surprised by this, and decided to set up a surveillance camera to observe Iwanko in order to check what Iwanko does while they aren't at home. As they excitedly watched, Iwanko actually left the house and went off somewhere, and when they ran after it, they found...?!

Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I certainly hope Lycanroc doesn't end up being a 'Pokemon of the day' :/

Maybe Rockruff evolves? I don't know. Sounds like Midnight Lycanroc will be debuting though.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ah! So does this mean Ash is going to bond with Rockruff and catch it???

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
What will be the Lysanroc who is debuting in this episode? Will it be Rockruff evolving or what??? But it's at night, so will it be Midnight Lysanroc?

gliscor&yanmega

Ash tries to set up a camera but...he has no idea how and decides to just stay up all night and watch.

Sounds like an interesting episode. Maybe Midnight Lycanroc is the one who hurt Rockruff for some reason.

Sounds like Ash will be by himself this episode besides the Pokemon. Wonder if Kukui is home or out(At Burnet's place for the night probably).

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ash tries to set up a camera but...he has no idea how and decides to just stay up all night and watch.

Sounds like an interesting episode. Maybe Midnight Lycanroc is the one who hurt Rockruff for some reason.

Sounds like Ash will be by himself this episode besides the Pokemon. Wonder if Kukui is home or out(At Burnet's place for the night probably).

Yes I think that could be definitely the case. But the good news for me is that Ash is bonding with Rockruff and this could be an implication that Ash will eventually catch it.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I'm guessing Midnight Lycanroc is beating up Rockruff or something.

I also remember that "but...?!" from certain XY summaries. Like Luxio's evolution. And Goomy's evolutions to Sliggoo and Goodra.

Getting a strong feeling we're going to see Rockruff evolving to Midday form to fight off Midnight Lycanroc.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I'm guessing Midnight Lycanroc is beating up Rockruff or something.

I also remember that "but...?!" from certain XY summaries. Like Luxio's evolution. And Goomy's evolutions to Sliggoo and Goodra.

Getting a strong feeling we're going to see Rockruff evolving to Midday form to fight off Midnight Lycanroc.
Yes I also can see that happening, that's very much a possibility. So an arc for Ash and Rockruff as well? xD.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
One night, Satoshi returns home to find that Iwanko, who had been watching the house, has been injured. He tries setting up a surveillance camera to find out the reason for this, but...?!

Lycanroc debuts! *cheers* It could be either Midday or Midnight. Ash returns to the house at night to find Rockruff injured; that implies that it was attacked during the day, which would imply Midday Lycanroc is the assailant; but it also could have been attacked in the early evening, in which Midnight Lycanroc could be the assailant.

What is "Scratch Hill?" Is that based off of Ten Carat Hill? If so, then I wonder if there's a chance Ash may end up catching his own Rockruff (assuming, of course, that he doesn't get Kukui's Rockruff). Perhaps he follows Lycanroc back to its den, where he meets it and some Rockruff? (Or perhaps I'm just wishing too hard. :p )

I was hoping the Midday vs. Midnight showdown would be against Olivia, but I don't think I would mind Prof. Kukui's Rockruff evolving into Midday Lycanroc to fight off Midnight Lycanroc--even if it does mean we only got 15 episodes of adorable Rockruff to admire. :(

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I think Ash bonding with Rockruff and helping it in battle to beat Lycanroc will make Kukui realize Ash should keep Rockruff in the future.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I think Ash bonding with Rockruff and helping it in battle to beat Lycanroc will make Kukui realize Ash should keep Rockruff in the future.
I hope you're right; it's still early, after all, and this summary isn't much. And I do get the feeling that if Rockruff evolves, Ash probably isn't getting it.

Btw, I did just notice this little tidbit from Rockruff's Sun entry: "...but its disposition grows rougher as it grows up." I take that to mean Rockruff grows more wild and starts getting into fights when it's about to evolve. So those scratches could be from Rockruff running off and getting into fights, because it's ready to evolve.

Red and Blue

So will this be the episode that settles whether or not Rockruff joins Ash's team? That's what I'm hoping for.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Dang it Kukui! This is what happens when you leave a dog in charge of the house while you're gone!

Will Rockruff evolve into Lycanroc? I wonder what Ash and Prof Kukui were doing during the day? Bonding?! :D

Red and Blue

It feels a bit too early for Rockruff to evolve. I'm positive it will in the future but not here

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
What is "Scratch Hill?" Is that based off of Ten Carat Hill?

It's not a name that exist in the games, at least.
By the way, note that it's Scratch as in "a scratch", not as in "to scratch". Nothing to do with the move Scratch either.

Maybe Scratchmark is better.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
It's not a name that exist in the games, at least.
By the way, note that it's Scratch as in "a scratch", not as in "to scratch". Nothing to do with the move Scratch either.

Maybe Scratchmark is better.

If it weren't for the fact that Lycanroc are solo and don't live in packs, then I would wonder if this Scratchmark Hill is the den for a pack of Lycanroc (and/or Rockruff) who have made their presence known by defacing the trees and/or rocks in the area with, well, scratch marks, thus giving rise to the name of the hill. Well, unless Rockruff is found on Scratchmark Hill, then I suppose I'm going to go back to my hope of Ash getting Kukui's Rockruff.

Btw, I did just notice this little tidbit from Rockruff's Sun entry: "...but its disposition grows rougher as it grows up." I take that to mean Rockruff grows more wild and starts getting into fights when it's about to evolve. So those scratches could be from Rockruff running off and getting into fights, because it's ready to evolve.

I actually took that part of its description to mean that Rockruff just becomes more rebellious and harder for its Trainer to handle as it grows up, since Midday Lycanroc's description on the official Pokémon Sun and Moon website mentions that "In particular, if a Trainer accepted it during its more rebellious pre-Evolution period, Lycanroc will never ever betray that Trainer and will be the most loyal of partners." However, it's also possible that Rockruff starts getting into fights, too, as part of that rebellious phase.

The Sun and Moon website description also mentions that, as Rockruff gets close to evolving, it starts howling when the sun goes down. I wonder if the anime is going to incorporate that into Rockruff's evolution, whenever a Rockruff evolves, even if it's not in this episode.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
A episode centered around Rockruff?! About freaking time! I was hoping for another Litten episode, but this will do! Hopefully Rockruff shows signs of joining Ash in this, or maybe officially does? He seriously NEEDS another Pokemon...... episode 15 and he STILL only has two.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Should be an updated intro and ending too which will be fun to see

Status
Not open for further replies.