• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Feb 23rd: SM15 - Scratchmark Hill, Iwanko and Lugarugan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
My dream is coming true! Ash is getting Rockruff!!! :D Now all that's left is to see how Ash gets Rockruff!

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
aweh man Rockruff and Ash is going to be so lame compared to what else he could have. I really really really didn't want Ash to get rockruff. Oh well I shall do my best to enjoy it.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Poochyena's design mimicks a dog, though.

*sigh*

Although phylogenetically they are closer to felines and viverrids, hyenas are behaviourally and morphologically similar to canines in several aspects; both hyenas and canines are non-arboreal, cursorial hunters that catch prey with their teeth rather than claws. Both eat food quickly and may store it, and their calloused feet with large, blunt, nonretractable nails are adapted for running and making sharp turns. However, the hyenas' grooming, scent marking, defecating habits, mating, and parental behaviour are consistent with the behaviour of other feliforms.

In a few words, they look doglike but are actually felines. And since this is the game series that heavily uses our real world lore, it's the same.

...However, this is the anime, which doesn't do a good job at using all that lore, so they may as well be dogs here. Otherwise, don't even look at the full lore behind Rockruff's creation.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Last time I recall, hyenas aren't canines. They are cats.

Poochyena's design mimicks a dog, though.

"Although phylogenetically they are closer to felines and viverrids, hyenas are behaviourally and morphologically similar to canines in several aspects; both hyenas and canines are non-arboreal, cursorial hunters that catch prey with their teeth rather than claws. Both eat food quickly and may store it, and their calloused feet with large, blunt, nonretractable nails are adapted for running and making sharp turns. However, the hyenas' grooming, scent marking, defecating habits, mating, and parental behaviour are consistent with the behaviour of other feliforms." Courtesy of Wikipedia.

Too long, didn't read: Hyenas are basically a dog and cat combined

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
you know poochyna and mightyana would be a mix of a dog and a hyena? pokemon aren't just based off of one, and they're defintiely not solely based on hyenas and not dogs.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
My dream is coming true! Ash is getting Rockruff!!! :D Now all that's left is to see how Ash gets Rockruff!

And we all thought Ash would keep a fully-evolved Water starter but look where it's at!

For all we know, Ash could probably leave Rockruff at Kukui's at the end of this series before Ash goes back to Kanto! As bad as that sounds, a little part of me would like to see that happen for some reason.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
And we all thought Ash would keep a fully-evolved Water starter but look where it's at!

For all we know, Ash could probably leave Rockruff at Kukui's at the end of this series before Ash goes back to Kanto! As bad as that sounds, a little part of me would like to see that happen for some reason.

The thing is, even if that did happen, Ash would likely be able to call upon it if neede, just like he could with Charizard and Squirtle. With Greninja, unless Greninja and Zygarde come back to help deal with the Ultra Beast crisis, assuming it will happen in the animé, both of which I can easily see happening for more than one reason, Greninja is gone for good whereas Rockruff/Lycanroc would still be able to be called upon.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

I was very disappointed with that at first but well, Ash did get to use Greninja for the entire region, he only released it at the end of the series. And I believe Greninja will ultimately return to Oak's lab after it is done destroying the vines- who knows, Greninja might have already returned to Oak's lab, Sycamore might have transferred it(remember Ash gave five Pokeballs to Oak).

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I'm pretty sure Ash won't keep Geodoge in the end. This is too good to be true.

It will be worse. Ash will hand it back to Kukui right before the league, and then Kukui will use him against Ash and completely wipe the floor with the boy before handing Rockruff/Lycanroc back to Ash.

It will be worse. Ash will hand it back to Kukui right before the league, and then Kukui will use him against Ash and completely wipe the floor with the boy before handing Rockruff/Lycanroc back to Ash.

Thing is, I can imagine this happening. I'd probably laugh for ages then do a slow clap for Ash's failure.

NPT

Just a member
So Ash is going to get Rockruff? Saw that one coming miles away. Okay then, let's see how he utilizes it in battles...

TheWanderingMist

https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/799420279697117184

I'd like to point out that a placeholder for another Lycanroc form was discovered on the PGL.

So if Ash's Rockruff evolves, it'll probably into this unknown third form instead of one of the two existing ones.

I don't think there's going to be some mysterious 3rd Forme, but Rockruff is way on the cute side of things so it won't evolve for quite a while either way.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Eclipse Lycanroc?

I'm content with Midday and Midnight to be honest.

Please send an application form to TPC xD

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I believe that Rockruff will eventually evolve into Midday Lysanroc.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Not sure if I wanted the speculated Stars Canine, Lunar Pupper or Sun Doggo. I prefer Day wolf but Night mutt is awesome too.

TheWanderingMist

Not sure if I wanted the speculated Stars Canine, Lunar Pupper or Sun Doggo. I prefer Day wolf but Night mutt is awesome too.

I prefer Midnight, but only when it's shiny since I hate the color red.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/799420279697117184

I'd like to point out that a placeholder for another Lycanroc form was discovered on the PGL.

So if Ash's Rockruff evolves, it'll probably into this unknown third form instead of one of the two existing ones.

We'll see how fast it takes him to get to Olympia, because Lycanroc will surely be evolved by then.
I don't even know how they'd handle another Lycanroc form, it's not like other forms where you can revert it and trade it to the older games. Lycanroc's forms are permanent.

Status
Not open for further replies.