• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Feb 23rd: SM15 - Scratchmark Hill, Iwanko and Lugarugan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I never said that they won't get focus, but I said that they will get less focus. Ash, being the protagonist, will obviously get a lot of focus, and Lillie being another central character and having a lot of potential, will also get a lot of focus. The other characters will be of some importance, but less- serving some minor purposes. The issue is that their characters doesn't have that much potential/plot potential.

As Frozocrone said, you're implying that Mallow--and everyone else who isn't named Ash or Lillie--needs very little development, and that is simply not true. Every main character needs a good amount of development, regardless of their "importance" to the major storylines. And it's too soon to say their characters don't have much potential or plot potential. For all we know, Mallow may turn out to be a crucial character later on in the story.

Frozocrone said:
I don't know why I'm agitated at lack of Mallow development (probably because her personality is fun to watch). We're only 15 episodes in and there's plenty of time. Maybe she'll have a small role in this episode or something before her big break.

Given that Mallow has managed to worm her way into nearly everything, I expect her to have some role, even if a small one, in this episode. It's like the girl can't help herself. :p

Alright, then...

A Duracell battery, the Tootsy Pop owl, GEODOGE, and a pyromaniac hobo cat.

Its posts like these that make me continue to return to the Anime Spoilers threads.

As Frozocrone said, you're implying that Mallow--and everyone else who isn't named Ash or Lillie--needs very little development, and that is simply not true. Every main character needs a good amount of development, regardless of their "importance" to the major storylines. And it's too soon to say their characters don't have much potential or plot potential. For all we know, Mallow may turn out to be a crucial character later on in the story.

I've been trying to say that this whole time. There is actually a perfect example of a side character that didn't particularly affect the overarching plot getting development in this anime - Korrina. She got a full arc of her trying to sort out mega evolution, yet she then disappeared after until the TF arc, in which she was just kind mostly... there. But she still got development, and that was enough for people to care about her character. If they can do that for someone like Korrina, then it makes perfect sense for even more major characters like Mallow, Lana, Kiawe and Sophocles to get a lot of development - in this case, just about as much as Ash is getting.

Given that Mallow has managed to worm her way into nearly everything, I expect her to have some role, even if a small one, in this episode. It's like the girl can't help herself. :p

Mallow is like the good guy Bewear, except she is actually useful for her group.

Janovy

Banned
Alright, then...

A Duracell battery, the Tootsy Pop owl, GEODOGE, and a pyromaniac hobo cat.
Much better.

However, I do agree that Midday Lycanroc is a bit duller than Midnight Lycanroc, especially in terms of personality.

Everything12

Much better.

However, I do agree that Midday Lycanroc is a bit duller than Midnight Lycanroc, especially in terms of personality.

You mean the personality of two Pokemon that haven't been shown yet? I think you mean design and even then its subjective I myself prefer the loyal dog design of Midday to the blood thirsty design of Midnight, I also think that the loyal dog design would work better with Ash after all we already have Litten for the rebellious Pokemon.

Janovy

Banned
You mean the personality of two Pokemon that haven't been shown yet? I think you mean design and even then its subjective I myself prefer the loyal dog design of Midday to the blood thirsty design of Midnight, I also think that the loyal dog design would work better with Ash after all we already have Litten for the rebellious Pokemon.
No, I mean the personality stated in their official description.

Midday is described as loyal and Midnight as troublesome and I really don't want to see 'loyal' because in this anime this translates to 'does everything Ash says' which can be said for every other Pokemon Ash owns, which is really not that unique of a characteristic to have. 'Troublesome', on the other hand, has more potential and is already more interesting than a standard Ashmon.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
No, I mean the personality stated in their official description.

Midday is described as loyal and Midnight as troublesome and I really don't want to see 'loyal' because in this anime this translates to 'does everything Ash says' which can be said for every other Pokemon Ash owns, which is really not that unique of a characteristic to have.

"Loyal" doesn't have to just translate to doing everything Ash says; it can also translate to believing in him and having the utmost faith in him--the kind of loyalty Pikachu feels toward Ash. If Litten turns out to be slightly disobedient and/or distrustful of Ash, then Midday Lycanroc's loyalty can serve as a contrast to that. I don't know, I just have an easier time seeing Ash with Midday Lycanroc than with Midnight Lycanroc.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
They could make Midnight Lycanroc bloodlusted in battles that contrasts with Ash's fun style of battling.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Midnight being troublesome could be interested, but I feel like Midday form is just an Ash pokemon and fits him more, I'd prefer it to be Incineroar who causes issues for Ash. I don't mean disobedient because that's been done too much, but I'd love to see Incineroar being aggressive like its meant to be and getting carried away in battles, often going to far, maybe still attacking even when the opponent has fainted and also attacking the other trainer.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Midnight being troublesome could be interested, but I feel like Midday form is just an Ash pokemon and fits him more, I'd prefer it to be Incineroar who causes issues for Ash. I don't mean disobedient because that's been done too much, but I'd love to see Incineroar being aggressive like its meant to be and getting carried away in battles, often going to far, maybe still attacking even when the opponent has fainted and also attacking the other trainer.

I agree; I prefer Incineroar (assuming Litten fully evolves) be the aggressive, battle-crazy Pokémon, not Lycanroc. It would kind of fit with what we already know of Litten so far, and it would definitely fit with Incineroar's description. It could be the Pokémon who causes Ash trouble.

Janovy

Banned
They could make Midnight Lycanroc bloodlusted in battles that contrasts with Ash's fun style of battling.
Exactly.

I want Midnight precisely because it contrasts Ash's style of battling and attitude (plus it has a cooler design).

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Midday if they want Ash to have a "cool" Pokemon that doesn't require taking spotlight away from Pikachu.

Midnight if they want Ash to get more amusing injuries. But then again, these writers prefer smaller creatures to avoid drawing the ones that jerk around too much...

I think it's that the loyal dog design is a little generic, while the blood thirsty design would be something new and interesting to see, especially if we get an arc involving how Rockruff suddenly became so ruthless or something... there are just so many more opportunities with Midnight than Midday since Midday can't really be anything else beyond a loyal dog, while Midnight could be ruthless, manipulative, possibly even reaching a point where Ash will have to do something about the nature of his Pokemon. It'd be something really new and original in the anime, and I'd be stoked to see it.

However, it is likely gonna be Midday since Olivia exists.

I agree; I prefer Incineroar (assuming Litten fully evolves) be the aggressive, battle-crazy Pokémon, not Lycanroc. It would kind of fit with what we already know of Litten so far, and it would definitely fit with Incineroar's description. It could be the Pokémon who causes Ash trouble.

Incineroar's personality is actually quite loving and kind - it loves to amuse children, and it's extremely loyal to its trainer. Isn't Ash not only a child, but potentially Litten/Incineroar's trainer?

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Everyone is speculating on which form Rockruff will evolve into and I'm already prepared to see it stay as it is at the end of SM.

Although Midnight would be my preferred choice. Something that has an interesting battle strategy and likes fighting seems more refreshing then something "loyal" that has probably been done a lot already imo.

Everything12

Personally I think Lycanroc will evolve into its Midday form for several reasons: First I think the Pokemon that will cause trouble for Ash would be Inceineroar, second I think they will have Midday form go up against Olivia's Midnight form, thirdly I think because of the way Ash treats his Pokemon it would be more likely to evolve in the more loyal Midday form instead of the bloodthirsty Midnight form, and lastly Midday has Accelerock as its signature move while Midnight doesn't have a signature move.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I think Midday would suit Ash more...but I'd rather it be Midnight.

(I like Midday more, but having Midnight and a controlled Midnight form when Olivia debuts could make her more relevant to Ash's Alolan story than simply a crystal giver, since Hala was responsible for making Ash's Z-ring (which Tapu Koko stole but still)).

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
They can always switch which Lycanroc Olivia owns. She doesn't have to own Midnight. They can easily change it to allow for a Lycanroc fight with Ash's.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Well, they demoted Hala's Crabrawler - a new Alolan Pokemon - over a Hariyama for whatever reason, so it's not really unthinkable...

That's probably just because it evolves really late into the game. I'm sure he'll have a Crabominable as his ace by then

Status
Not open for further replies.