• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Feb 23rd: SM15 - Scratchmark Hill, Iwanko and Lugarugan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
The second preview basically confirms my suspicions that the school gang are shoe horned for the sake of 'yes, hello, we exist'

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
i'm interested to see if rockruff can use any moves other than tackle and bite (i'm assuming it knows those basic ones). the rocks on it's neck are glowing in the first preview so maybe it also knows rock throw.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I think Rockruff is practice battling with Bakugames at the beach!!! That's why his tail got burned and Litten could never make a flame that big. Really awesome that Kiawe is helping out. We know it's not Ash, because we can see Pikachu and Ash watching.

Go Rockruff! Try beating that Magmar!

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I think Rockruff is practice battling with Bakugames at the beach!!! That's why his tail got burned and Litten could never make a flame that big. Really awesome that Kiawe is helping out. We know it's not Ash, because we can see Pikachu and Ash watching.

Go Rockruff! Try beating that Magmar!

Perhaps that's how Ash's classmates get involved. After that second preview, I'm once again learning toward Magmar being an "antagonist" Pokémon whom Rockruff is trying to defeat. Perhaps Ash asks Kiawe to help with Rockruff's training, since Turtonator is also a Fire type; and perhaps the rest of the class decides to come watch and/or help out, as well because they have nothing better to do because Mallow has to get involved in everything, and probably drags the others with her.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Let's see...

Pikachu
Rowlet
Rockruff
and maybe Litten
and juuuuust maybe Pikipek

Man. Ash is getting way too many first Alolan Pokemon this time. This better not turn out into a really weird and flawed BW team rotation.

satopi

Perhaps that's how Ash's classmates get involved. After that second preview, I'm once again learning toward Magmar being an "antagonist" Pokémon whom Rockruff is trying to defeat. Perhaps Ash asks Kiawe to help with Rockruff's training, since Turtonator is also a Fire type; and perhaps the rest of the class decides to come watch and/or help out, as well because they have nothing better to do because Mallow has to get involved in everything, and probably drags the others with her.
Yeah I can see that and to be fair, Kiawe is the most helpful aside from Mallow. He is shaping up to be Ash's rival after all.

She drags them to wherever she goes to follow Ash whether they like it or not. Or they may be having a lesson at the beach... again. I swear there's one thing that Mallow and Ash share and that's loneliness. They sure don't want to do things alone, always wanting someone with them.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
We'll see how fast it takes him to get to Olympia, because Lycanroc will surely be evolved by then.
I don't even know how they'd handle another Lycanroc form, it's not like other forms where you can revert it and trade it to the older games. Lycanroc's forms are permanent.

Well if the 3rd game is on then there would be no backwards compatibility. Only Bank to move forward. A 3rd Lycanroc form would be possible.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Yeah I can see that and to be fair, Kiawe is the most helpful aside from Mallow. He is shaping up to be Ash's rival after all.

I can see Ash telling his friends about Rockruff's desire to get stronger and his friends volunteering to help. Kiawe might volunteer on his own, or he might be coerced into volunteering (probably by Mallow).

She drags them to wherever she goes to follow Ash whether they like it or not. Or they may be having a lesson at the beach... again. I swear there's one thing that Mallow and Ash share and that's loneliness. They sure don't want to do things alone, always wanting someone with them.

More like she just drags along whoever is nearby, whether they like it or not. "Loneliness" isn't really the right word, as Ash and Mallow certainly aren't lonely--they're always surrounded by people. I think what you mean to say is that they aren't loners;l they always want to be around people. But yeah, that is one thing Ash and Mallow definitely have in common. :)

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Move along guys, Queen Lillie is bound to have plenty of focus and development with her notable difficulties(which makes her focus episodes even more interesting), plus her solid backstory(connection to the Aether Foundation) have loads of potential xD. Mallow doesn't seem to be the one whose character needs a lot of development and focus.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Move along guys, Queen Lillie is bound to have plenty of focus and development with her notable difficulties(which makes her focus episodes even more interesting), plus her solid backstory(connection to the Aether Foundation) have loads of potential xD. Mallow doesn't seem to be the one whose character needs a lot of development and focus.

Just because Mallow isn't the protagonist or deuteragonist doesn't mean she doesn't need development and focus. Every main character needs development and focus. It's clear Lillie is going to be a central character, but that doesn't mean the rest of the main cast (Mallow, Kiawe, Lana, Sophocles) doesn't need their time in the spotlight.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!

Every main character needs development. If you can replace characters with lamp posts, you're doing something wrong.

Captain America X

Let's see...

Pikachu
Rowlet
Rockruff
and maybe Litten
and juuuuust maybe Pikipek

Man. Ash is getting way too many first Alolan Pokemon this time. This better not turn out into a really weird and flawed BW team rotation.

It's took him 15 eps to get his 2nd pokemon.That's a pretty slow pace compared to his previous regions so I doubt he is gonna go to BW level.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Just because Mallow isn't the protagonist or deuteragonist doesn't mean she doesn't need development and focus. Every main character needs development and focus. It's clear Lillie is going to be a central character, but that doesn't mean the rest of the main cast (Mallow, Kiawe, Lana, Sophocles) doesn't need their time in the spotlight.
I never said that they won't get focus, but I said that they will get less focus. Ash, being the protagonist, will obviously get a lot of focus, and Lillie being another central character and having a lot of potential, will also get a lot of focus. The other characters will be of some importance, but less- serving some minor purposes. The issue is that their characters doesn't have that much potential/plot potential.
Every main character needs development. If you can replace characters with lamp posts, you're doing something wrong.

Same as above.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I never said that they won't get focus, but I said that they will get less focus. Ash, being the protagonist, will obviously get a lot of focus, and Lillie being another central character and having a lot of potential, will also get a lot of focus. The other characters will be of some importance, but less- serving some minor purposes. The issue is that their character doesn't have that much potential/plot potential.

Same as above.

You're implying that she needs very little development. This is not true. Every character needs something. Even if it takes a backseat to other stories, it's still there. Otherwise, what's the point of even including these character's if they do nothing for long periods of time?

I don't know why I'm agitated at lack of Mallow development (probably because her personality is fun to watch). We're only 15 episodes in and there's plenty of time. Maybe she'll have a small role in this episode or something before her big break.

Last edited:

satopi

There's no point in introducing a main character if you're not gonna develop him/her. Might as well be a COTD. I believe Mao chan should be given lots of focus to develop her character outside of her positive personality traits. We see everyone else's but Mao chan's. She'll get it in due time.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
It's took him 15 eps to get his 2nd pokemon.That's a pretty slow pace compared to his previous regions so I doubt he is gonna go to BW level.
Doesn't mean that pace is going to be maintained for the entire series. In XY, he got Fletchling and Froakie back to back and didn't get Hawlucha until his 3rd Gym battle, pretty much. In AG, he got Tallow and Treecko close to each other and didn't get Corphish until his rematch with Brawly. And in DP, it took him a long time to get another Pokemon after Starly and Turtwig.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
god here's to Ash catching some interesting pokemon coming up... a mouse, a bird, a dog, and a cat... Why does he always get the boring pokemon!? Lets hope he at least gets the warewolf instead of just the wolf..

Anyways I really hope there is no third form for lycanroc, that'd be stupider than Ash-Greninja too. "Oh Ash of course was the only person EVER to unlock this new form of Lycanroc, of course!". I think I'd be WAAAAY more interested if the primeape in this episode ended up being the one he let go for training and by chance it was in alola and they reunite. lol i wish.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
god here's to Ash catching some interesting pokemon coming up... a mouse, a bird, a dog, and a cat... Why does he always get the boring pokemon!? Lets hope he at least gets the warewolf instead of just the wolf..

Anyways I really hope there is no third form for lycanroc, that'd be stupider than Ash-Greninja too. "Oh Ash of course was the only person EVER to unlock this new form of Lycanroc, of course!". I think I'd be WAAAAY more interested if the primeape in this episode ended up being the one he let go for training and by chance it was in alola and they reunite. lol i wish.
What would be interesting to you, out of curiosity? A non-animalistic Pokemon?

Janovy

Banned
god here's to Ash catching some interesting pokemon coming up... a mouse, a bird, a dog, and a cat...
TBH every Pokemon sounds dull if you completely reduce them to their basic design.

Status
Not open for further replies.