• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Feb 9th: SM14 - The Fruit of Courage: Lilie and Rokon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
I really hope Lillie doesn't overcome her fear this episode... that is far too early and needs to be used much later on in a more dramatic fashion.

I think it'll be more that she's comfortable to touch Vulpix as opposed to all of the other Pokémon around her. I do hope that it comes to a dramatic point later on, such as confronting her mother, but for now, let her at least touch Vulpix.

That alone should suffice.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I think it'll be more that she's comfortable to touch Vulpix as opposed to all of the other Pokémon around her. I do hope that it comes to a dramatic point later on, such as confronting her mother, but for now, let her at least touch Vulpix.

That alone should suffice.

I agree; I don't think Lillie will completely overcome her fear. She may be able to touch Vulpix by the end of the episode, but Vulpix will be the only Pokémon she will be able to touch or even get close to; she will still freak out when any other Pokémon gets close to her. Being able to touch Vulpix will be one step toward conquering her fear, but it won't mean the end of her fear.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I agree; I don't think Lillie will completely overcome her fear. She may be able to touch Vulpix by the end of the episode, but Vulpix will be the only Pokémon she will be able to touch or even get close to; she will still freak out when any other Pokémon gets close to her. Being able to touch Vulpix will be one step toward conquering her fear, but it won't mean the end of her fear.

Yeah I'd rather they have her totally get over her fear around the time the Aether Foundation arc starts.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

That's what i'm hoping happens. This is a much more "logical" fear than not wanting to get muddy...

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy

I wouldn't mind something like that, either. She can take the baby steps to overcoming her fear here, being able to touch Vulpix. Maybe later, she could touch Pikachu or Bounsweet. After that, maybe Popplio, Rowlet, or Litten (assuming Ash captures Litten by then).

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
but Vulpix will be the only Pokémon she will be able to touch or even get close to; she will still freak out when any other Pokémon gets close to her. Being able to touch Vulpix will be one step toward conquering her fear, but it won't mean the end of her fear.
So, if Lillie is able to touch Vulpix, but still freaks out when other Pokémon come near her, I wonder if Vulpix will become very protective of Lillie once it witnesses how freaked out she gets when a Pokémon does get close to her. I mean, say if Pikachu goes near Lillie in future (who still has her fear), will Vulpix use Powder Snow on Pikachu to protect Lillie from her fear? o_O

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
So, if Lillie is able to touch Vulpix, but still freaks out when other Pokémon come near her, I wonder if Vulpix will become very protective of Lillie once it witnesses how freaked out she gets when a Pokémon does get close to her. I mean, say if Pikachu goes near Lillie in future (who still has her fear), will Vulpix use Powder Snow on Pikachu to protect Lillie from her fear? o_O

lol aweh I'd love that! Protective Vulpix :D that'd mix well with me wanting vulpix to enjoy battling :D

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

While I like the idea of Vulpix becoming protective of Lillie and trying to fend off other Pokémon who get near her, I can also see that becoming an over-used, unbearable gag after awhile. Ash, with Pikachu on his shoulder as usual, gets close to Lillie, and Vulpix overreacts and attacks Pikachu (and maybe even Ash, too). So, with that in mind, I'm not sure I want Vulpix to become protective of Lillie--not if the writers decide to turn that into a gag.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
That would get old fast. Lillie freaking out is bearable and sometimes funny, but Vulpix trying to protect her all the freaking time will get old fast just like a certain proposal "gag".

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
While I like the idea of Vulpix becoming protective of Lillie and trying to fend off other Pokémon who get near her, I can also see that becoming an over-used, unbearable gag after awhile. Ash, with Pikachu on his shoulder as usual, gets close to Lillie, and Vulpix overreacts and attacks Pikachu (and maybe even Ash, too). So, with that in mind, I'm not sure I want Vulpix to become protective of Lillie--not if the writers decide to turn that into a gag.
Well I honestly don't think it would turn into a gag because I'm sure Lillie would explain to Vulpix not to use its attacks on her friends or their Pokémon, but I could see an instance or two occurring.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Just found that a page on samson oak on pokemon wikia says the egg with him is of kantoan vulpix. I wonder from where they concluded that.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
You can only just see it's hair in the background during that particular scene.

James is actually using Mareanie this time.

Are they going to be showing the egg hatching again in this episode or did they just use that scene in the preview for some context? Not that I think it was needed in that case.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Well, it's now confirmed that the other egg is regular Vulpix.

Oh, very clear, anime staff (or whoever pulls together the clips for these trailers). I actually missed Samson holding the Kanto Vulpix the first time I watched the trailer. It was only upon watching it a second time that I noticed it (sneakily hidden behind Professor Kukui and Sophocles).

I actually like that the brown egg is a Kanto Vulpix. I expect either Samson or Professor Kukui to give the class a lesson on the differences between Kanto Vulpix and Alolan Vulpix, which will be a nice way to introduce both forms to the audience (and to keep Rotomdex out of it for a change, maybe).

So...how much continuity are we going to get? Will Ash just recognize Kanto Vulpix as a Pokémon he has seen before and remark on how different Alolan Vulpix looks? Or is there a chance Ash might actually reference (directly or indirectly) that one of his best friends owned a Vulpix?

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
So.

Where on earth does the "Fruit of Courage" come into the picture?
Not an actual fruit but Lillie's efforts in touching Rokon when in a dangerous situation bearing fruit by the end of the episode.

Would love to see Kaki show interest in or keep Kanto Rokon.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Not an actual fruit but Lillie's efforts in touching Rokon when in a dangerous situation bearing fruit by the end of the episode.

Would love to see Kaki show interest in or keep Kanto Rokon.

I thought Kanto Vulpix belongs to Samson Oak.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Aww, poor Lillie. :(

Hopefully the Kanto Vulpix doesn't just disappear after this episode. Would be nice if Kukui or Samson at least kept it and it could interact with Lillie's Vulpix.

As for continuity, I expect Ash to comment on the difference between the two Vulpix, but I don't expect Ash to reference Brock. I'd love to see that happen though.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Aww, poor Lillie. :(

Hopefully the Kanto Vulpix doesn't just disappear after this episode. Would be nice if Kukui or Samson at least kept it and it could interact with Lillie's Vulpix.

As for continuity, I expect Ash to comment on the difference between the two Vulpix, but I don't expect Ash to reference Brock. I'd love to see that happen though.

We should at least have some interaction between the Vulpixs in this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.