• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 10th: MPM05 - Enter the Zenigame Fire Brigade!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnovaMaster

11603703_sa.jpg

A timeless VHS cover!

Broseph08

Count me in among those that hopes to see Bulbasaur and Charizard in this episode. I can possibly see Charizard showing up maybe in a later episode. But Bulbasaur has to be there or the episode will automatically lose points. I still think after all these years, Squirtle and Bulbasaur have my favorite relationship between any of Ash's Pokemon. And tbh, I hope Charizard is there too. I don't see much value in having 'Ash's strongest Pokemon' or whatever all together later in the series since I don't think there'd be much value in it. I'd rather see Charizard reunite and spend screentime with his closest friends

Veedramon

Y'know, we should actually have the full return of the Squirtle Squad.

The plot of the episode could revolve around Ash and co. failing to catch up with them, but when they do, Officer Jenny reveals that the leader with the shades isn't Ash's Squirtle.

Heartbroken, Ash tearfully demands to know what happened to his Squirtle. Why did Jenny replace his Squirtle with a new Squirtle Squad leader!?

Jenny would then simply reply, "why don't you ask him?" A paw then reassuringly rests itself on Ash's shoulder, and as he turns around he comes face-to-face with a shades-wearing Blastoise, looking him deep in the eyes as dramatic music blares in the background. the episode then ends shortly afterwards.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
We got our first summary:

While visiting a port town, Satoshi and Pikachu look through a crowd of people to see the Zenigame Fire Brigade, which is led by the Zenigame they used to travel with, putting on a show. The Zenigame Fire Brigade has become extremely popular now, and Satoshi and the others stick around to enjoy their show. However, the Rocket Gang is now their managers, and it seems they're plotting something...?!

Last edited:

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
Doesn't help that half of the episode are focused on OS nostalgia.
I don't mind Brock and Misty being travel companions again. Misty's episode was the strongest thus far and Brock is always fun IMO. Them having defined personalities helps comedically.

It's more a problem about the plots. It's essentially Journeys episodes, but with reserves and more personality. Not inherently a bad thing, but some of these episodes should've been during the actual Journeys season. But you can't really say there was false advertising because the poster and summary screamed it.

Last edited:

greninjamaster

It seems like these episodes are relying on the OG trio plus return of familiar faces to make it good which does work. OG trio have the most well known and iconic dynamic.

Also very sure this episode Bulbasaur is coming back. Squirtle was his best friend.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I hope TR are in costume as I doubt Squirtle will willingly have them as it’s manager

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Well considering the OS is when it had the highest ratings and the OS is also the most popular generation of the Pokemon anime that trascended just being anime and became a cultural phenomenon. I'd say yes.
Repeating the same thing over and over using pointless statistics like "TV ratings" doesn't make it any more true, AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.