• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 10th: MPM05 - Enter the Zenigame Fire Brigade!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
It was. To be fair, almost every episode not animated by Iwane by that time wasn't a piece of art. The episode itself isn't bad despite that, tho.

Soniman

Break the Limit
was that episode that badly animated? Haven't seen it in years
Even for the standards of the time it’s one of the worst animated episodes in the series, everyone is constantly off model, movement is akward and choppy, several animation errors, I actually really recommend watching it because it can’t be overstated how bad it looks.

The actual WRITING of the episode is just a fine, a nice nostalgic episode about Ash first Pokémon, but the animation quality being so repugnant it hurts the ep a lot, the guy working on it should’ve been on a random worthless filler episode, not the prelude to AG’s climax battle

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
The F does tracey have to do with rowan? That alone is already beyond farfetched.
Of all the weird stuff the writers could do having Tracey and Rowan interact with each other onscreen isn't even in the top 100 of weird things the writers could do, they probably already know each other since Rowan and Oak are colleagues.

Now if they were having Tracey suddenly be friends with, say, Wally then that would be a bit more out of the left field.

Guy100

So do we have any hints or info on whether this episode will also feature bulbasaur or charizard in this? Cause if the anime staff plans to only showcase individual memebers of Ash's reserve them just for one single episode, then this may be the last time we see of Squirtle within its own featured episode.

It now, seems very unlikely that the Kantoian original team will be featured all together in one episode.

If anything, it seems that the writers may be saving the best possible Ash reserve team up for Last, possibly in episode 10 or 11. Greninja, Charizard (if its not featured in this episode), and Infernape comes to mind. Perhaps Solgaleo may also be included.

kickachu

Momentai!
what region you think this will be set in and besides squirtle which human companion ash will reunite with

UnovaMaster

A contest episode feels like a real possibility now that we see they're matching the tones of previous series right like today

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Here's to hoping that squirtle comes back as a fully evolved Blastoise, with some cool looking shades.

Ash will finally have the pokemon of his dreams, and Bulbasaur might feel pressure to finally conquer his fears of evolution when seeing Charizard and Blastoise side by side, both having become men.
I'm doubting Squirtle and Bulbasaur will ever evolve. Bulbasaur straight up doesn't want to and Squirtle never really shown anything that pointed to being interested in evolving.

Guy100

Like Pikachu, both Squirtle and Bulbasaur are too iconic to have evolved. I think the only reason the writers evolved Charmander all they way was because they knew it was the least favorite of the Kanto starters, but its final form was a fan favorite based on its design.

Based on this episode it looks like Squirtle maybe rejoining Ash permanently. After all, Charizard returned, however Ash hasn't used it since Best Wishes, so I'm assuming its being saved for some important event.

Veedramon

I'm doubting Squirtle and Bulbasaur will ever evolve. Bulbasaur straight up doesn't want to and Squirtle never really shown anything that pointed to being interested in evolving.
But that's exactly why Bulbasaur needs to see 2 of his best friends in their final forms.

Bulbasaur is afraid of change. He's currently in his comfort zone and doesn't feel like it's necessary to ever go to the next level. He needs Blastoise to motivate him and let him feel that it's ok to take things to the next step. Seeing Blastoise and Charizard laughing and conversing in poke-speak will make him feel a bit left out, yearning for adulthood and wanting to complete his development and reach his final maturity.

Plus who knows, maybe seeing the OG gang as adults will spur Pikachu to combat his own inner demons, and we'd be able to leave the OG series with a proper bang!

Veedramon

Bulbasaur and Charizard must be in Ash's team for this episode. For the other 2 reserves having Krookodile and Muk could be interesting.
I think that Krookodile should be saved for the last episode, which might possibly be Ash vs Ho Oh.

He'll need its extreme power for what could be considered the fight of his life, plus the ominous, serious aura that the Big Boss Croc radiates will perfectly set the tone for the final fight of Ash's Journey

Guy100

I can honestly see Bulbasaur returning, since it was hinted that both he and Squirtle are close. I dont see the need for Charizard to be in this, seeing how its too Popular to be introduced in a one-off episode centered around Squirtle.

I think Charizard and Greninja will possibly be saved for during the near last episode.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Like Pikachu, both Squirtle and Bulbasaur are too iconic to have evolved. I think the only reason the writers evolved Charmander all they way was because they knew it was the least favorite of the Kanto starters, but its final form was a fan favorite based on its design.

Based on this episode it looks like Squirtle maybe rejoining Ash permanently. After all, Charizard returned, however Ash hasn't used it since Best Wishes, so I'm assuming its being saved for some important event.
eh tbf, it is nearly the end of Ash's role as the main protagonist, might as well do the thing with Squirtle since we wont be seeing it again anytime soon. There even a point with "iconicity" when it'll just honestly be meaningless after Ash is no longer the main protagonist?
eh I mean, Squirtle hypothetically can since despite never seemingly being interested in evolution, it doesn't seem to have a problem with it. Just never happens or comes up. Bulbasaur never evolving is probably a given tho since it already showed that it doesn't want to, although its unclear if it still feels that way since that was the only time evolution was ever attempted. Even then, its still unlikely it ever will. Squirtle on the other hand is frankly fair game ngl.

Status
Not open for further replies.