• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 10th: SM108 - In Kapu-Rehire's Mist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zariful

Do you think Stoutland will teach Torracat one last thing before they part ways. Torracat’s ember was completely out classed by Turtonator’s ember. So they could replace that.

ShadowForce720

Do you think Stoutland will teach Torracat one last thing before they part ways. Torracat’s ember was completely out classed by Turtonator’s ember. So they could replace that.

not sure, oh just pointing this out but the move Turtonator used against Torracat's Ember wasn't Ember it was the move Flamethrower. Although another thing to consider that if Torracat is evolving into an Incineroar then it will likely learn Darkest Lariat, so I'm not sure if they would have Torracat learn a new move here just to get it replaced later by Darkest Lariat, unless you think Darkest Lariat will replace one of Torracat's other moves, but I'm not sure if they would really get rid of Fire Fang, Flame Charge, or Revenge for Darkest Lariat when they could just easily have Darkest Lariat replace Ember.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
It's cute how Vikavolt is now giving Nagisa a ride and that Ash and co. are happily walking with Hapu. I hope she visits them in the future.

DatsRight

Looks like the plots are split between Hapu, Ash, the Lusamine siblings and Mallow. The other three aren't shown in the mist clips, maybe they're out of focus here.

Even without them, this could be another REALLY compressed Poni episode with all that's going on with these four groups (who wants to bet after all that Mallow's is the shortest?).

Zariful

not sure, oh just pointing this out but the move Turtonator used against Torracat's Ember wasn't Ember it was the move Flamethrower. Although another thing to consider that if Torracat is evolving into an Incineroar then it will likely learn Darkest Lariat, so I'm not sure if they would have Torracat learn a new move here just to get it replaced later by Darkest Lariat, unless you think Darkest Lariat will replace one of Torracat's other moves, but I'm not sure if they would really get rid of Fire Fang, Flame Charge, or Revenge for Darkest Lariat when they could just easily have Darkest Lariat replace Ember.
Thank you I don’t know why I said ember. I meant flamethrower. Since Talonflame broke the trend of Ash’s fire types needing to know flamethrower, then it’s highly probable that Ash’s Torracat will evolve and replace ember with darkest lariat.

DatsRight

Still not quite sure what to make of this episode yet, the 'dead parent' trope is infamous for being one of the oldest and cheapest tricks to get 'sad feels' for a character over actually developing their personality (Poni so far has been failing miserably to make anything Mallow does interesting). That might seem kind of hypocritical since I did credit the Stoutland arc, but I guess the difference there is that did bother with that substance, not only did Stoutland appear long enough for us to miss it, but there was a complexity with Litten and Ash's more developed personalities and dynamic and how they approached the inevitable happening. Maybe that is why I'm more invested in seeing their plot uncover right now. (Well done, Mallow, even the cat outclasses you as a character. :p)

At least we see a bit of timid Lillie again, she's also been a bit too on the bland side recently.

Ashton Ketchum

I said something about moment with appear Mallow's mom - this is really interesting. This come from nowhere, and this you not wait see this in anime like this, especially in this kind of saga. But, I think, not so easy, and this episode here not because creators want more attention, but because - this is not used idea for previous saga. And I sure, episode with some kind idea should in in Kalos saga, and instead Mallow in middle should be - Bonnie. But, because creators not find place for this episode, they decide use this in Alola saga.
And - how chances for M05 Latios and M08 Lucario?

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
So...

Ash is going to see Stoutland (due to Torracat)
Mallow is going to her mom.
Lillie and Gladion are hoping to see Mohn but probably won't giving them hope that he's alive.

So I wonder if the other three will see anyone?

Kiawe could see his grandfather. Afterall he did appear in the last episode.
Sophocles could maybe see his Minior friend?
Lana has all her family members so idk.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
So...

Ash is going to see Stoutland (due to Torracat)
Mallow is going to her mom.
Lillie and Gladion are hoping to see Mohn but probably won't giving them hope that he's alive.

So I wonder if the other three will see anyone?

Kiawe could see his grandfather. Afterall he did appear in the last episode.
Sophocles could maybe see his Minior friend?
Lana has all her family members so idk.
Lana was with Mallow in the preview so maybe she’ll stay with her

DatsRight

The latest preview shows the rest of the gang all stranded as one group, suggesting maybe only Mallow, Lillie and Ash get their own plots.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I want to be interested in Gladion appearing here but Mallow & Ash/Torracat’s situations are going to hurt my heart tomorrow : (

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I'm curious how Gladion and Lili will realize that their dad isn't dead. I mean yeah the fact that he doesn't show up in the mist is one thing, but I still wonder if they'll end up asking Tapu-Fini why he isn't there and being all confused and she'll let them know for sure that he's alive. Either they'll know for sure or they'll it'll just be a hint.

Also so pumped to see exactly what moves Tapu Fini will have and I'm really hoping we see a good battle here between Tapu Fini and Hapu and not just the scene in the preview.

DatsRight

I'm curious to see if Lillie plays into Mallow's plot in this episode. Mallow has been emotionally supportive to Lillie many times in the series, it would be a nice touch if Lillie got a moment to return the favour similar to how she did Ash in the previous Rotom episode, especially since the preview implies Mallow's gonna get her chain yanked HARD.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I'm curious how Gladion and Lili will realize that their dad isn't dead. I mean yeah the fact that he doesn't show up in the mist is one thing, but I still wonder if they'll end up asking Tapu-Fini why he isn't there and being all confused and she'll let them know for sure that he's alive. Either they'll know for sure or they'll it'll just be a hint.

Maybe they'll reunite with another dead relative like Lusamine's father.

Status
Not open for further replies.