• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 12th: PM2019 055 - The Tale of You and Me in Luminous Maze Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decidueye23

I can't understand why they'd choose to debut Inteleon in Kanto if the next episode is set in Galar.:confused:
Ptobably because they need some or the other specific reason to be in galar while they could just be loitering around in kanto. Granted they coupd come up with some reason for them to be in galar, they might have just felt thwt the location was not important to their plot.

Sidenote: Do you guys think this spy and intellion could become recurring?

ChampioN One

The chosen One!

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..

Hopefully not. I would much prefer if it was a one off appearance to motivate Sobble into becoming a better Pokemon. I don't like the idea of it constantly reappearing when they've gone with the cliché spy gimmick that it was based on.

I'd put money on Rillabooms first appearance being with a musician of some kind.

Sword master zacian

Hopefully not. I would much prefer if it was a one off appearance to motivate Sobble into becoming a better Pokemon. I don't like the idea of it constantly reappearing when they've gone with the cliché spy gimmick that it was based on.

I'd put money on Rillabooms first appearance being with a musician of some kind.
rillaboom should debut with piers alongside obstagoon and toxtricity both forms

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
If Sobble doesn't evolve then they'll likely have no choice but to make at least one more Appearance. (G-Max Inteleon is a thing and Somebody's gotta showcase it after all. And it can't happen in it's Debut Episode since that takes place in Kanto.)

I have to see the Episode to judge how I feel about them or if I would want them to return but so far I at least like what I'm hearing about the Inteleon. I hope the Spy Lady is cool as well.

I dunno I'm actually kinda happy they went in that direction. It's kinda rare for the writers to actually explore a Pokémon's gimmick.
(Apart from Incineroar and Greninja I can't even remember a time when a Starter's Theme got explored)

Rillaboom is canonically a part of a Band (The Maximizers) so yeah I'm definitely expecting it to debut in a Music related Episode. Maybe even the same Episode that introduces Piers

Last edited:

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!

If the Intellion is a spy, shouldn't he/she be stealthy or undercover ?

It should be something like they appear and literally no one (this includes all the viewers) even notices them.

You don't want to blow up your cover, do you ? A galarian spy in foreign grounds trying to uncover the dirty secret of Kanto Govt. Gets captured and tortured.

Not suitable for a kids show.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Hopefully we get some teasing of a goal/ some actual agency for Koharu. Unlike many people I actually enjoyed her more grounded focus episodes, and her relationship with pokemon more as pets than anything else. She was just a regular person and therefore faced normal problems like worrying about the future or helping her little brothers friend learn how to swim.
Now she is tagging along with no clear reason besides it seeming fun, but all she is accomplishing is saying how great Goh and Ash are while repeatedly needing saving.

Having her need rescuing 3 separate times on her first adventure + giving her no input into the events of the episode almost make me wish she never became a trainer.

Honestly, this is just like Serena. Like every normal person, she probably doesn't immediately know what to do. Serena had to try different things before she eventually settled on performances.

Also, I don't see any problem with her needing to be rescued. If you're just a schoolgirl and you suddenly go on wild adventures, it will probably take some time to get used to. And this would've been the same if she was a boy by the way, just to make clear that this isn't a sexist argument or anything. Same would've happened if you threw Wally into the wild area. There's no reason to expect anybody to be adept immediately in these situations.

Like her finding a goal, it will just take some time. There's no reason to make claims like 'almost wish she never became a trainer'. It's like buying a supplies for baking and claiming that you never should've done that after your first bake turns out burnt.

Very unfitting name in my opinion since the place is barely maze-like. It's pratically a straight line. Even Slumbering Weald had a bit more maze-esque routes.

What are you even talking about? Google 'Glimwood Tangle Map'. Yes, you can sort of take a straightline (with a dip at the start) if you want to just go from Stow-on-Side to Ballonlea, but there's enough paths that circle around if you leave that first path.

I can't understand why they'd choose to debut Inteleon in Kanto if the next episode is set in Galar.:confused:

Artistic freedom.

If the Intellion is a spy, shouldn't he/she be stealthy or undercover ?

It should be something like they appear and literally no one (this includes all the viewers) even notices them.

You don't want to blow up your cover, do you? A galarian spy in foreign grounds trying to uncover the dirty secret of Kanto Govt. Gets captured and tortured.

I'm assuming you've never seen a James Bond movie?

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
Honestly, this is just like Serena. Like every normal person, she probably doesn't immediately know what to do. Serena had to try different things before she eventually settled on performances.

Also, I don't see any problem with her needing to be rescued. If you're just a schoolgirl and you suddenly go on wild adventures, it will probably take some time to get used to. And this would've been the same if she was a boy by the way, just to make clear that this isn't a sexist argument or anything. Same would've happened if you threw Wally into the wild area. There's no reason to expect anybody to be adept immediately in these situations.

Like her finding a goal, it will just take some time. There's no reason to make claims like 'almost wish she never became a trainer'. It's like buying a supplies for baking and claiming that you never should've done that after your first bake turns out burnt.

People want the freedom to try what they like and find out for themselves in real life but watching the same thing in a show that is trying to connect is such a pain for them.

I'm assuming you've never seen a James Bond movie?

I have watched maybe one. But I know that anyone who is not the main character doesn't get even half of the plot power Bond gets.

So think we might get a hint of whatat Chloe wants to do in this episode besides being a research fellow

I wish they take their time. I have no problem in watching Koharu figure things out for herself.

But finding out your life long goal because of a random incident with a stranger is something I absolutely despise so I pray to Arceus that doesn't happen.

STICKTOPIA

Wonder what Ash and Goh are doing here, doubt Chloe went to Galar alone lol.
Bro if Chloe went by herself wouldn’t that be even MORE exciting? But yea realistically probably some research thing and they probably got separated. I’m glad Chloe is getting more episodes!

Leonhart

Imagineer
Icy-Snowflake said:

Does it really matter in what region certain Pokemon debut? Given that traveling is one of the main ideas of this series, I figure that it makes total sense for trainers from other regions to visit Kanto just as Satoshi visits various regions as well.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
But finding out your life long goal because of a random incident with a stranger is something I absolutely despise so I pray to Arceus that doesn't happen.
You know this is a thing that happens in real life all the time, right?

Henry's Journey

Well, it seems Koharu will catch her 2nd mon here, Galarian Ponyta, and cool to see another game location from SW&SH/Galar.

Hmm makes sense this episode is now before the road trip (I'm taking the opening in this regard literally so bear with me) since Ponyta is with Chloe by then. I wonder if this will follow many of the other galar episodes and have a follow-up, maybe with Opal?

Is this road trip around Galar confirmed!? That would be nice!

Last edited:

STICKTOPIA

Seeing that more galar trips are happening really makes me happy. I want to see them explore all of galar.

Status
Not open for further replies.