• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 13: XY016 - Dedenne is Pichu and Pichu is Dedenne...!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dax

Legend
The point of the episode is quite simple, Bonnie is a main character in the group, this is a development episode for her, her/Clemont's Dedenne, and also development for her within the main group. That alone should take it out of the realm of filler, but alas, some of you only have one character you want to see development for, so anything else just won't cut it.

You can't call character development something you haven't even seen the outcome of. Dedenne getting lost and Bonnie trying to find it is not progress. If the absence of the rodent causes her to change or introduces a new character trait that we haven't seen, then we can confirm growth or expansion of her character. In the meantime, I suggest the "character development" card is properly used.

Getting focus or screentime does not necessarily mean development.

dman_dustin

This episode definitely looks cute, but I still don't see what the point of it really is. I mean aside from Dedenne and Pichu promotion and a few funny moments like Clemont's invention likely blowing up, this seems like a standard filler. I really wish Team Rocket was involved here to pose some sort of threat that would justify Dedenne battling or something.

I'm just going to look at the pictures, move on, and wait until the 20th.

Because I agree, this episode could have moved in a place where maybe Bonnie hasn't gotten to much screentime, while this episode could have been about Serena and Fennekin.

But alas, for some reason at this moment, a cute Pokemon swap episode was somehow.....necessary.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Getting focus or screentime does not necessarily mean development.

I agree with this, which is essentially what I tried saying before. There's no guarantee that Bonnie will develop just because she's getting more screen-time here. And honestly, since Pichu's owner is getting some screen-time while she hangs out with Dedenne too, that hinders the possibilities of what Bonnie could do since her screen-time will be a bit limited.

KKS-Lapras

I agree with this, which is essentially what I tried saying before. There's no guarantee that Bonnie will develop just because she's getting more screen-time here. And honestly, since Pichu's owner is getting some screen-time while she hangs out with Dedenne too, that hinders the possibilities of what Bonnie could do since her screen-time will be a bit limited.

Bonnie is going to be separated from her Pokemon, she's going to likely have the chance to command Pichu for a short while, on top of Dedenne, she'll have to help if not lead in the search for Dedenne, yet you call that just being cute and not development in anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.