• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 15th: SM62 - The Dark Nyarth is an Alola Nyarth!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Meowth not falling in love with this A. Meowth suggests that it could be male.

It would be fantastic for Meowth to get his own recurring rival.

Seeing as Nyasu couldn't even tell that a certain Choroneko in Isshu was male instead of female, it wouldn't surprise me too much if he can't tell the Alolan Nyasu's gender, either. I'd actually enjoy another gender mix-up.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Seeing as Nyasu couldn't even tell that a certain Choroneko in Isshu was male instead of female, it wouldn't surprise me too much if he can't tell the Alolan Nyasu's gender, either. I'd actually enjoy another gender mix-up.

IIRC that Purrloin intentionally used a higher pitched voice and acted femininely so you really can't blame Meowth there.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
At least it seems that Ash and his friends will appear based on the opening, which at least makes it a bit more interesting now but I'd like them to have at least several lines of dialogue during the episode.

Here's a fresh concept: a Team Rocket episode without unnecessary Ash and co. screentime.

Literally, what would even be the point?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Here's a fresh concept: a Team Rocket episode without unnecessary Ash and co. screentime.

Literally, what would even be the point?

Then the episode would be as boring as hell, like SM58. ;)

The only way to save a TR focused episode from that boredom IMO is to give Ash and co. some screentime. Seems like this episode is doing it, so I hope that this will be comparatively less boring.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I must say, I thought Alola Meowth was quite ugly in its concept art but in the anime, it looks pretty darn cute!

Is Meowth at the Yareyutan bar? Maybe we'll finally see Meowth battle again.

And we all know Ash and co are interacting with the TRio mainly because they tried to steal Pikachu as they were training.

:sigh" Meowth won't ever have a Pokémon friend. :(

Then the episode would be as boring as hell, like SM58. ;)

The only way to save a TR focused episode from that boredom IMO is to give Ash and co. some screentime. Seems like this episode is doing it, so I hope that this will be comparatively less boring.
Team Rocket are vastly more fun than Ash and his boring slapstick antics.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
About freaking time Meowth got an episode. Been a very long freaking time, since BW!
I really hope this Alola Meowth ends up with the female Skull grunt so the Skull trio can have a Meowth of their own, given they were sort of rivals to the TRio. It'd be a nice fit considering Nanu's ace will obviously be Persian and his other Pokemon will likely be Pokemon he owns in the games like Honchkrow/Absol/Sableye, much like Olivia and Hala with their Pokemon.

And hooray for the Darknium's return. Now give them a ****ing z-ring, damn it!

Also ^^

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

Just like how it was so much fun in SM37 and SM58? Yeah, give me a break.

Ash has a specific goal, travels through regions, has so many exciting and intense battles, interacts with/bonds with/catches so many Pokemon. There are so many things to be interested about him.

What is there to be interested about TR? Being the same old plot devices in each and every episode?

togenaught18

Just like how it was so much fun in SM37 and SM58? Yeah, give me a break.

Ash has a specific goal, travels through regions, has so many exciting and intense battles, interacts with/bonds with/catches so many Pokemon. There are so many things to be interested about him.

What is there to be interested about TR? Being the same old plot devices in each and every episode?

Well thats true no TR focus episode almost are no interesting at all, but a lot of TR focus episode are really fun to watch, at leats for me.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
The Oranguru bar is back! So at some point, Meowth decides to visit the bar to drown his sorrows in pineapple juice. I'm going to guess that scene takes place after Jessie and James decide they want Alolan Meowth as part of their team.

So, it seems Team Rocket has finally gone back to their old tradition of trying to kidnap Pikachu. We haven't seen that in a long time. Normally, that would make me groan, as I'm tired of Team Rocket's traditional schemes, but it might be interesting to see how Alolan Meowth gets involved in this scheme (and one ups Meowth).

Remix2

Maybe I'm still reeling from the car crash that was today episode, but so far my excitement for this episode is on par with going to the dentist.

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Maybe I'm still reeling from the car crash that was today episode, but so far my excitement for this episode is on par with going to the dentist.

So it’s a good thing! Dentists keep your teeth clean meaning happy smiles which means you’re excited about this episode!

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
With the Darkium Z finally coming back, what if meowth finally shows off night slash?

dman_dustin

Only looking forward to Lycanroc and Litten (Pikachu and Rowlet were on the bench) vs Turtonator and Marowak
---------

I don't care for the Alolan Meowth plotline at all. I mean on one hand it comes off as "well why would you expect anything else" but because of that it doesn't look all that good.

The only decent thing about it is if Meowth learns Night Slash which as I've said before makes no sense at least in context of Darkinium-Z for the reasons I mention earlier in this thread.

DatsRight

Looks like another 'Meowth that's a billion times better than TR's Meowth' plot line, though the twist that it WANTS to join TR intrigues me (even if the last 'contemplating' shot in the preview suggests it might have other agendas). I'm wondering if this will have any ongoing effect (eg. Alolan Meowth sticking with TR or Meowth temporarily leaving TR (again) or upgrading in any way) or is just another episodic thing.

The battle with the twerps looks interesting (though it looks like it might be sadly interrupting a cool double battle between Ash and Kaiwe). Alolan Meowth looks like it's putting up a fight against Pikachu. Though I'm wary since it looks like another one of those instances where the only reason TR are remotely putting up a fight is because all the other companions are just standing there gawping in the background instead of helping in any way (at least until the last second or so when they've killed some airtime). It's a shame that this looks like the only way TR can be a 'threat' these days (and even then I'm placing bets on Bewear saving the twerps over a fully competent twerps vs TR battle, which I don't think has happened since BW).

And TR drowning their sorrows at Oranguru's place, called it.

Last edited:
Looks like another 'Meowth that's a billion times better than TR's Meowth' plot line, though the twist that it WANTS to join TR intrigues me (even if the last 'contemplating' shot in the preview suggests it might have other agendas). I'm wondering if this will have any ongoing effect (eg. Alolan Meowth sticking with TR or Meowth temporarily leaving TR (again) or upgrading in any way) or is just another episodic thing.
I like the idea of Team Rocket's Meowth learning a new move, perhaps a Dark-type move, and it later mastering a Z-move.

Status
Not open for further replies.