• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 16th: PM2019 013: Satoshi VS Dande! The Path to Power!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Cptnmac1 said:
But it makes sense that ash would just aimlessly travel through the 8 regions before randomly entering a world tournament he's not qualified for? Ash will most likely want to battle leon again and the best way to do that would be to go through the galar league since the winner gets a shot at leon.

While I don't rule out this possibility, it's also possible that Satoshi might get to re-battle Dande some other way. The writers could just as easily come up with an anime-exclusive tournament later on where the winner would get to battle Dande in a full match or something.

Cptnmac1

Either him or Team Rocket I guess. Third option is no one catches Drednaw and it just leaves after it's been beaten

I'm guessing the third option is the most likely. It would be weird to have a capture then have it immediately overshadowed by the battle with leon. I would like for ash to capture drednaw but I just don't see it happening here

dman_dustin

Unrelated to the "will or wont Ash do Galarian Gyms" debate I noticed Drednaw or Skwovet weren't in this lineup of Go's future captures

https://twitter.com/karubiimunohito/status/1221674890777874432

Maybe he really wont get anything until next episode

Well there was a limited number of spaces available, maybe they focused so much on Leon vs Lance, they didn't think it was appropriate to list Galar Pokemon on the side, instead focusing on the Koharu episode, followed by the Ruins episode. But sure it's possible that Go won't get Skwovet.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
It wouldn't make any sense to have all the important events take place in one region. They might as well have just created a completely Galar-centric anime if that's what they're going to do.
Not really. since all the important events so far have been in just Galar and Kanto while other regions have gotten fillers. So it will probably continue like that.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Not really. since all the important events so far have been in just Galar and Kanto while other regions have gotten fillers. So it will probably continue like that.
Which is truly unfortunate. If they'd stop with the Kanto pandering, maybe the other regions would get more popular.

Red and Blue

I dont mind the Kanto pandering too much. I just need to see other Kanto locations than Vermilion City

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Either him or Team Rocket I guess. Third option is no one catches Drednaw and it just leaves after it's been beaten

As cool as Team Rocket having it would be, I don't want that. They wouldn't really be doing anything to warrant them doing so
I really hope Ash gets it, I'm not a fan of his first few captures being fully evolved but at least this would get a Galarian Pokemon on his team, and help lighten the mood a bit if he actually does get Gengar. Otherwise, until Riolu or the starters show up, his team is literally FOUR Kanto Pokemon and nothing else :/

They really need to step on it and introduce Sobble or Grookey to Ash

At least Galar getting more screentime is justfied, it's new and needs exploration. Unfortunately they're choosing to push more Kanto pandering instead of showcasing Sobble/Grookey, the wolves, etc.
Heck look how many Kanto have been captured(And will be, one/two upcoming for Go, maybe one for Ash too) compared to literally every other region so far. Galar currently has less than even recently ignored regions like Johto

Which is truly unfortunate. If they'd stop with the Kanto pandering, maybe the other regions would get more popular.

Johto starters be sitting there neglected for a long while if this doesn't stop. Been going strong since gen 6 started.... when will they get that the people that love Kanto so much don't even give a damn about Pokemon anymore? All they're doing is slowly pushing Kanto into being everyone's least favorite region

Red and Blue

Help stop a rampaging Dynamax pokémon?

We've seen two non-descript Kanto forests too, is that not enough? :p
Nope. You could of at least had the forest in episode 6 be the Viridian one. Give us Lavender Town or the Kanto Power Plant

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Which...he lost.

Maybe it was smart of him not to challenge even Marlon if he screwed that bad against a Herdier.

Exactly. Look at how badly they handled the Roxie match.

I dont mind the Kanto pandering too much. I just need to see other Kanto locations than Vermilion City

There is one thing I want to see in Vermillion City. O's training gym is in that city. Even if she doesn't come back, Ambipom should see Ash one more time. Ping Pong is such a stupid goal for Pokémon.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

It's truly a vicious circle. They put Kanto because they think people like it more. Because of that, newcomers got Kanto-crazy because hype. And that all make people overlook the other gens. Really sad.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
A few months ago, some people, including yours truly, were thinking "no way Ash would win Manalo Conference", "Prof. Kukui would beat Ash", "Alola Team would be Oaked"... I don't see any reason why it sounds funny... :D
It sounds funny because this story has introduced Dynamaxing and Eternatus, things uniquely tied to Galar.

A Galar gym challenge is the most logical conclusion since the Dynamax phenomenon only exists in Galar.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
A few months ago, some people, including yours truly, were thinking "no way Ash would win Manalo Conference", "Prof. Kukui would beat Ash", "Alola Team would be Oaked"... I don't see any reason why it sounds funny... :D
Yeah, the only thing that makes me apprehensive about that is the fact the series has hyped itself up as a “World Tour” format. Unless Satoshi’s quest would literally involve region-hopping rather be than localized in Galar. Unless they have Satoshi go back and forth to Galar at his own leisure for fighting gym leaders while continuing his research fellow work alongside Go. Eternatus, the wolves, and Daimax phenomenon can easily be incorporated as storylines without the gym challenge so I just don’t want to have expectations and end up unhappy when next episode simply involves Dande and Satoshi parting after their battles and vowing to battle again while Satoshi returns to Kuchiba for more research work.

Of course power spots only belong to Galar which trigger the Daimax process and those spots are built around the gyms in the games. Hence it only happening in the Wild Area and stadiums around Galar.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't necessarily mind the idea of Satoshi becoming inspired to challenge the Galar Gyms after his battle with Dande in this episode, it's just that I'd find it odd for the writers to suddenly want to pander to Galar given the world tour aspect of this series. If they were going to have Satoshi decide to battle the Galar Gyms all along, they should've just given us a whole saga set in Galar to begin with.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I don't necessarily mind the idea of Satoshi becoming inspired to challenge the Galar Gyms after his battle with Dande in this episode, it's just that I'd find it odd for the writers to suddenly want to pander to Galar given the world tour aspect of this series. If they were going to have Satoshi decide to battle the Galar Gyms all along, they should've just given us a whole saga set in Galar to begin with.

They really should have. Just a simple train ride and Ash could literally be wherever they needed him to be
But hey I guess they needed some excuse to pander Kanto, when it doesn't need nor deserve it, unlike Galar

Status
Not open for further replies.