1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

February 16th: PM2019 013: Satoshi VS Dande! The Path to Power!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rohanator

Rohanator Well-Known Member

I dunno seemed pretty threatening to me when it smashed Gyarados down with a Thunderpunch lol. It was trading even blows against Dragon Dance boosted Aqua Tails right before they Dynamaxed, is a Mon only strong if it's constantly at an overwhelming advantage?

2. Garbodor.

Garbodor. Well-Known Member

Are we forgetting this is a Pikachu that has gone against and defeated legendary pokemon? I am not surprised in the slightest he could push his charizard to gigantomaxing. Matter of fact, I would not be surprised if he did a lot more.

3. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Since Leon is holding the giant Poke Ball in the image before Pikachu vs. Charizard it looks like he is the one who catches Drednaw. Didnt see that coming

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  4. Egakor

Egakor Well-Known Member

No, in that image, Leon is inside the stadium. The Drednaw was outside the stadium (they showed it in the PV with Ash & Gou going outside the stadium to stop it).

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  5. Red and Blue

Not unless Drednaw somehow crashes into the stadium itself. Ash and Go may try to lure it there

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    KenzeyEevee likes this.
  6. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Oh, look. A comment."

Wow! Alain's back with his Thunder Punching Charizard! *gets shot*

Y'know, for being the **** of the region, Leon sure doesn't get an audience for all his battles.

Also, the order of those preview shots makes it look like Leon is a villain.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    KenzeyEevee likes this.
  7. Kazuniya

Kazuniya me when recognizing PM's wasted potential

Boo! I wanted to see the giant Pikachu :(

Pokegirl Fan~ and KenzeyEevee like this.
  8. AuraChannelerChris

They really do not want to let us even get a glimpse of its fat *** before the episode airs.

9. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

At least there's a physical exchange of attacks to look forward to, and not just another beam battle. Pikachu seems to be putting up a decent fight, so maybe I was wrong about the battle lasting a short time.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  10. Bortgreen

Bortgreen UP NEXT: Let's GO home!

This time not even Oha Suta did it
    Imagine if we still were in SM

11. Red and Blue

To think they can hide Gigantamax Pikachu and Eternatus but they went ahead and spoiled the Pokemon Ash was using during the Hoenn Tournament

12. Bortgreen

Bortgreen UP NEXT: Let's GO home!

Laughs in Alola League trophy and Naganadel

13. AuraChannelerChris

They would show Ash cradling a weak Pikachu while a pristine-looking Charizard proudly roared in the background.

14. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

Oha Suta's previews have shifted to just being the same preview as the end-of-the-episode one with new narration, so any new info from them either comes from the dialogue or from which Pokemon they present as being the focus of the episode (which is how we learned about Barrierd being the surprising Pokemon in episode 7).
    Pokenchi still has previews with new exclusive animation, though.

15. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 ^Probably Steven Universe?

@Dephender
    BTW, are Rei, Rena, and Reina Yamazaki the same person with different abbreviations of her name or are they 3 different people?

16. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

Her name is 玲愛, which can be read as both "Rei", "Rena" and "Reina". The correct reading in this case is "Rei", but it's been mistakenly reported as the other two at various points. It especially doesn't help that she's credited as "Reina Yamazaki" in the dub.

Spider-Phoenix, wolf jani and mehmeh1 like this.
  17. AuraChannelerChris

It's fun to see how many things Japanese symbols can mean.

...Oh, Japanese ranguage.

You and your berief the retter "L" doesn't exist.

KenzeyEevee and mehmeh1 like this.
  18. GarchompChain

GarchompChain Well-Known Member

The symbols can mean so many things, but when I was watching last weeks episode I heard the announcer saying: "radies and gentremen". And they use "thanke yu" a lot as well.

Don't they have words for that in Japanese?

19. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

While I'm most likely wrong, I'm just pretty sure that's just the massive influence the English language has had on the world.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  20. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

I hope that Ash decides to challenge Galar gyms after this episode...

wolf jani likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.