• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 17th: MPM06 - And We're Looking at the Same Moon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Ash without Pikachu for most of the episode kinda works in favor of seeing more reserves they probably just didn’t show it n the preview for whatever reason.

Copium achieved

UnovaMaster

Anyone hoping for a reserve has to hope for the Butterfree scene from JN136 to magically appear here (which it can't cause Brock/Misty weren't there)

Pikachu's literally going to stare at another moon with a rando Caterpie, Pikachu's cheating on Butterfree

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
WHERE ARE THE RESERVES?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Let me guess. Once separated, Meowth starts to learn the meaningful connection between Ash and Pikachu (yet yet yet yet yet yet yet again), but once they reunite with whoever finds them first, Meowth will immediately backstab Pikachu and get blasted off.

Roll the credits.

Wow, how incredible. No one has ever done this **** before.
Pikachu and Meowth’s last adventure, this is gonna be an emotional one.
Not.

nuzamaki90

Let me guess. Once separated, Meowth starts to learn the meaningful connection between Ash and Pikachu (yet yet yet yet yet yet yet again), but once they reunite with whoever finds them first, Meowth will immediately backstab Pikachu and get blasted off.

Roll the credits.

Not.
I really don’t understand the trend in hate watching a show. If you’re feeling that negative about the episode a week before it airs, why even give it your time of day?

Yeah it’s Ash and Pikachu’s final chapter and you want to see how everything ends, but you’re clearly not enjoying what you’ve seen and haven’t seen so it seems counterproductive to torture yourself by continuing to watch. You’re bringing down your own energy for no real reason.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I really don’t understand the trend in hate watching a show. If you’re feeling that negative about the episode a week before it airs, why even give it your time of day?

Yeah it’s Ash and Pikachu’s final chapter and you want to see how everything ends, but you’re clearly not enjoying what you’ve seen and haven’t seen so it seems counterproductive to torture yourself by continuing to watch. You’re bringing down your own energy for no real reason.
Forgive me for wanting to see something new in this anime that grew up with me but then decided to dumb itself down because viewers are easy to move to tears allegedly. That doesn't mean it's safe from criticism.

Doesn't help much that Ash and Pikachu are too flat as characters that even seeing one of them suffer greatly will do much (at least to me).

AJ97

To be fair, this is entirely on the writers. The way they branded and represented this last series is completely contrary to what is being done in this show.

If anything, the writers should have emphasized that the Journey's finale was basically the end of Ash's story and this series was going to be an epilogue featuring Ash with his OG Companions and his reserves.

Instead, they marketed it as Ash's finale and emphasized the character's 25-year-old long dream. So naturally, it makes sense why people would be pissed with the storyline of these episodes.

I've been watching the anime right from when it started and am naturally invested in the show considering the number of years it has been and I'm fairly sure that is the case for many viewers here. Now while I've come to terms with Journey's being the end finale of Ash and have accepted the format of the recent series; you can't blame others for not getting there yet.

nuzamaki90

To be fair, this is entirely on the writers. The way they branded and represented this last series is completely contrary to what is being done in this show.

If anything, the writers should have emphasized that the Journey's finale was basically the end of Ash's story and this series was going to be an epilogue featuring Ash with his OG Companions and his reserves.

Instead, they marketed it as Ash's finale and emphasized the character's 25-year-old long dream. So naturally, it makes sense why people would be pissed with the storyline of these episodes.

I've been watching the anime right from when it started and am naturally invested in the show considering the number of years it has been and I'm fairly sure that is the case for many viewers here. Now while I've come to terms with Journey's being the end finale of Ash and have accepted the format of the recent series; you can't blame others for not getting there yet.
I really don’t think that’s the case here, it seems more like the classic fans get their hopes and expectations too high and then blame the writers when they don’t reach them. The trailer marketed this series as Ash and Pikachu’s final story, it outright says so. The official summary pitched it as a nostalgic adventure where Ash travels with Misty and Brock, while also interacting with his old Pokémon. The tag line says it will be a story that will show Ash and Pikachu’s last journey towards the goal of becoming a Pokémon Master.

What we’ve gotten from this mini series is exactly what was advertised. There’s not a lot of room for saying anything was misleading because if you read the summary, watch the trailer, then watch the episodes, everything is 1:1 what the series was said to be.
Forgive me for wanting to see something new in this anime that grew up with me but then decided to dumb itself down because viewers are easy to move to tears allegedly. That doesn't mean it's safe from criticism.

Doesn't help much that Ash and Pikachu are too flat as characters that even seeing one of them suffer greatly will do much (at least to me).
You can be disappointed, dissatisfied, and disillusioned towards this series but please don’t tag me in your negative posts lol.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye

Roll the credits.

Not.

You're 300000000 episodes into a "lowest common denominator" quality show malding about lack of originality, keep coping about the time you wasted

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Forgive me for wanting to see something new in this anime that grew up with me but then decided to dumb itself down because viewers are easy to move to tears allegedly.
Maybe the show didn't dumb itself down. Maybe you just outgrew it.

Not disagreeing here...

You're 300000000 episodes into a "lowest common denominator" quality show malding about lack of originality, keep coping about the time you wasted

Status
Not open for further replies.