• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 17th: SM109 - An Island Queen is Born! Satoshi's Grand Trial!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

I think that Pikachu is going to drop Iron Tail for Splishy Splash.
Leading Ash to seek out a Pokemon to use the Steelium Z. Either that or he wins with two moves and Breakneck Blitz.

ShadowForce720

Leading Ash to seek out a Pokemon to use the Steelium Z. Either that or he wins with two moves and Breakneck Blitz.

I will say that it is interesting that in the first preview for the episode Pikachu was splash around in the water or at the very least if not that was in the water with Brionne and then if you look unless I'm mistaken in both the first and second previews for the episode you never see Pikachu use Iron Tail even when it looks like it's in position to use Iron Tail, now I know that doesn't necessarily confirm that Pikachu has replaced Iron Tail with Splishy Splash however it is interesting that we have yet to see Iron Tail in a preview for episode 109 yet.

So now if this episode airs and it does turn out that Pikachu has learned Splishy Splash and it has replaced Iron Tail with it, then here is how Pikachu's move set would then break down:

Ash's Pikachu's potential move set (by the end of episode 109):
-Thunderbolt(Electric)
-Electro Web(Electric)
-Quick Attack(Normal)
-Splishy Splash(Water)

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Judging by the Oha Suta preview, at least Pikachu can pose a problem for Mudsdale with its speed.

Last edited:

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Can me impressed if they replace Iron Tail... sad that Splishy Splash is the name of a move though :|
Well, if this consolates you, the japanese name, Splashing Surf, sounds way better. Seriously, who the hell did aprove that adaptations in LGPE?

Anyway, I don't think pikachu will use a new attack, but Ash's strategy involving water looks possible. Somewhat.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
With how tapu bulu intervened in Ash's grand trial and gave him a berry, maybe Tapu Fini could come in and use soak on Mudsdale to even the odds in this grand trial. It'd be completely cheap but it could work. I also just see Pikachu splashing Mudsdale too as already said.

ShadowForce720

With how tapu bulu intervened in Ash's grand trial and gave him a berry, maybe Tapu Fini could come in and use soak on Mudsdale to even the odds in this grand trial. It'd be completely cheap but it could work. I also just see Pikachu splashing Mudsdale too as already said.

Okay while I get that Tapu Bulu gave Ash a berry during Ash's battle against Nanu it wasn't case of oh Tapu Bulu gave Ash the berry while Lycnaroc was fighting Krookodile or Sableye it specifically waited until those battles were over before giving the berry to Lycanroc who was going to be battling Nanu's ace being the Alolan Persian. What your basically suggesting here is that Ash can't basically win against Hapu without Tapu Fini cheating for him, because Tapu Fini coming in while Pikachu is fighting Mudsdale and using soak to change Mudsdale's typing to make it vulnerable to Pikachu's Electric attacks isn't evening the odds it's downright cheating, look it would one thing if it was Pikachu using soak on Mudsdale, but for a pokemon that is not a part of the battle to just barge in and use soak on Mudsdale just to help out Ash is cheating.

Also let's say that were to happen where Tapu Fini came in and used Soak to make Mudsdale vulnerable to Electric attacks and Ash wins because of it, it would be out of character for both Ash and Hapu to accept that outcome, yes Ash may want to win but he doesn't want to win by cheating, if anything, if Tapu Fini did that and Ash saw it then he would most likely immediately forfeit the match saying he doesn't want to win that way and I highly doubt that Hapu would be okay with Tapu Fini doing that, as she would most likely see it being disrespectful to her and all the previous Kahunas as well as an insult and would most likely lose some respect for Ash if he won that way and accepted it.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Okay while I get that Tapu Bulu gave Ash a berry during Ash's battle against Nanu it wasn't case of oh Tapu Bulu gave Ash the berry while Lycnaroc was fighting Krookodile or Sableye it specifically waited until those battles were over before giving the berry to Lycanroc who was going to be battling Nanu's ace being the Alolan Persian. What your basically suggesting here is that Ash can't basically win against Hapu without Tapu Fini cheating for him, because Tapu Fini coming in while Pikachu is fighting Mudsdale and using soak to change Mudsdale's typing to make it vulnerable to Pikachu's Electric attacks isn't evening the odds it's downright cheating, look it would one thing if it was Pikachu using soak on Mudsdale, but for a pokemon that is not a part of the battle to just barge in and use soak on Mudsdale just to help out Ash is cheating.

Also let's say that were to happen where Tapu Fini came in and used Soak to make Mudsdale vulnerable to Electric attacks and Ash wins because of it, it would be out of character for both Ash and Hapu to accept that outcome, yes Ash may want to win but he doesn't want to win by cheating, if anything, if Tapu Fini did that and Ash saw it then he would most likely immediately forfeit the match saying he doesn't want to win that way and I highly doubt that Hapu would be okay with Tapu Fini doing that, as she would most likely see it being disrespectful to her and all the previous Kahunas as well as an insult and would most likely lose some respect for Ash if he won that way and accepted it.
Would Ash have won his last grand trial if it wasn’t for Tapu Bulu? We will never know but I don’t think he would have. And I don’t think Ash won’t win without being able to use electric attacks, just speculating on different ways he could win in general. I agree it’d be the worst way to win too if Tapu Fini used soak!

ShadowForce720

Would Ash have won his last grand trial if it wasn’t for Tapu Bulu? We will never know but I don’t think he would have. And I don’t think Ash won’t win without being able to use electric attacks, just speculating on different ways he could win in general. I agree it’d be the worst way to win too if Tapu Fini used soak!

That's not really the same thing though, the thing is while it's true that Tapu Bulu gave Lycanroc a berry in the 1vs3 match against Nanu and his pokemon that was only after Lycanroc had defeated Krookodile and Sableye but before it fought Alolan Persian so it's not like Lycanroc was suddenly given an unfair advantage over Alolan Persian or one of Nanu's other pokmone, you would have more of a point if while Lycanroc was actively battling one of the pokemon Tapu Bulu came and gave it a berry during the actual battle between Lycanroc and one of Nanu's pokemon.

Where as what your suggesting here would not even the playing field at all as it would give Pikachu an unfair adavantage against Mudsdale and unlike the case with Nanu, this would be a case of Tapu Fini directly interfering with a ongoing battle and rigging it so that Ash should win. The only way that Mudsdale being hit by the move Soak isn't cheating is if it came from Pikachu or a pokemon that it was actively battling. However if Tapu Fini uses Soak on Mudsdale then it would be rigging the match in Ash's Pikachu's favor as Mudsdale would be weak to Electric attacks then do to an outside intervention.

It's one thing to speculate on ways that Ash could win the battle against Hapu, however if Tapu Fini does what your suggesting then it would certainly lead to a rematch because the battle would likely be called off because either Ash would forfeit because he doesn't want to win that way or Hapu would end the match do to outside interference.

As it would be out of character for Ash and Hapu to just let Tapu Fini cheat for Ash and for him to basically be declared the winner.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Ash's third Grand Trial was specifically designed to put him at a massive disadvantage. It's only fair Tapu Bulu intervened because the match was essentially rigged from the start.

Here, it's Ash's choice to use Pikachu despite knowing full well what type Hapu specializes in.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Here, it's Ash's choice to use Pikachu despite knowing full well what type Hapu specializes in.

I don't know who it was, but someone speculated he would use Pikachu in revenge for his first battle with Hapu, albeit it's a different opponent.

I don't think using the terrain is unfair though.

ShadowForce720

I don't know who it was, but someone speculated he would use Pikachu in revenge for his first battle with Hapu, albeit it's a different opponent.

I don't think using the terrain is unfair though.

I think you misunderstand what Lolipiece and me were talking about, it's not that it would be unfair for Ash to use the terrain, what were saying is unfair is for Tapu Fini to directly interfere in the match by using the move soak on Mudsdale while Pikachu and Mudsdale are battling to make Mudsdale vulnerable to Electric type attacks.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I think you misunderstand what Lolipiece and me were talking about, it's not that it would be unfair for Ash to use the terrain, what were saying is unfair is for Tapu Fini to directly interfere in the match by using the move soak on Mudsdale while Pikachu and Mudsdale are battling to make Mudsdale vulnerable to Electric type attacks.

I don't think Tapu Fini would go that far...

As much as I want to see Pikachu win without it, I have a feeling water is going to come into play somehow (since they are on a platform arena surrounded by it), but that doesn't mean I see Pikachu learning Splishy Splash, sure it might splash water onto Mudsdale, but more so by terrain usage than an actual attack move, because to me that shows innovation rather than attacking head on, which is what a challenging battle should entail.

After all, Lana's eevee hasn't showcased any of it's specialty moves, either so why should Pikachu?

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

I don't think Tapu Fini would go that far...

As much as I want to see Pikachu win without it, I have a feeling water is going to come into play somehow (since they are on a platform arena surrounded by it), but that doesn't mean I see Pikachu learning Splishy Splash, sure it might splash water onto Mudsdale, but more so by terrain usage than an actual attack move, because to me that shows innovation rather than attacking head on, which is what a challenging battle should entail.

After all, Lana's eevee hasn't showcased any of it's specialty moves, either so why should Pikachu?

I don't think Tapu Fini would go that far either, Ash using the water from the battlefield itself is fine, however in regards to why should Pikachu showcase one of it's specialty moves when Lana's Eevee hasn't, while it's true that both Pikachu and Eevee are mascots you can't really link them in the way your trying to, by trying to say or imply that Pikachu isn't allowed to showcase one of it's specialty moves just because Lana's Eevee hasn't shown case it's specialty move.

Although we don't know for sure if Lana's Eevee will show of one of it's specialty moves it's still a possibility, however regardless of whether or not Eevee does that shouldn't really effect Pikachu's chances of using one of it's specialty moves, look it's fine if you personally don't want to see Pikachu use one of it's specialty moves or you don't think it will use Splishy Splash here but that doesn't mean that you should dismiss it just because Lana's Eevee hasn't used one of it's specialty moves yet.

I don't see why Pikachu shouldn't be allowed to show off one of it's specialty moves here before Eevee. I'm sorry but it's kind of ridiculous to suggest or imply that Pikachu isn't allowed to showcase one of it's specialty moves before Eevee, and vice versa. Will Pikachu learn Splishy Splash here? I don't know, however even if it doesn't I'm pretty sure the reason won't be that they wanted Eevee to showcase it's' specialty move before Pikachu regardless of whether or not Eevee happens to be the first one to show off it's specialty move.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I don't think Tapu Fini would go that far either, Ash using the water from the battlefield itself is fine, however in regards to why should Pikachu showcase one of it's specialty moves when Lana's Eevee hasn't, while it's true that both Pikachu and Eevee are mascots you can't really link them in the way your trying to, by trying to say or imply that Pikachu isn't allowed to showcase one of it's specialty moves just because Lana's Eevee hasn't shown case it's specialty move.

Although we don't know for sure if Lana's Eevee will show of one of it's specialty moves it's still a possibility, however regardless of whether or not Eevee does that shouldn't really effect Pikachu's chances of using one of it's specialty moves, look it's fine if you personally don't want to see Pikachu use one of it's specialty moves or you don't think it will use Splishy Splash here but that doesn't mean that you should dismiss it just because Lana's Eevee hasn't used one of it's specialty moves yet.

I don't see why Pikachu shouldn't be allowed to show off one of it's specialty moves here before Eevee. I'm sorry but it's kind of ridiculous to suggest or imply that Pikachu isn't allowed to showcase one of it's specialty moves before Eevee, and vice versa. Will Pikachu learn Splishy Splash here? I don't know, however even if it doesn't I'm pretty sure the reason won't be that they wanted Eevee to showcase it's' specialty move before Pikachu regardless of whether or not Eevee happens to be the first one to show off it's specialty move.

If either of them do use their specialty moves at some point, then that's fine, but I don't want it to happen during this match, not only because it would feel like a cheap way out for Pikachu to win, but because I know people would expect him to spam it, since hardly anyone has faith Pikachu can get the job done with just quick attack and iron tail.

I know "splashing" water on mudsdale might seem contradictory(or Mudsdale ending up in the water by a mischarge, or breaking the platform with it's Z-move), but to me using the terrain isn't as cheap as learning a new move during one of the most important battles of the region, because again it shows innovation and makes the battle more impactful.

ShadowForce720

If either of them do use their specialty moves at some point, then that's fine, but I don't want it to happen during this match, not only because it would feel like a cheap way out for Pikachu to win, but because I know people would expect him to spam it, since hardly anyone has faith Pikachu can get the job done with just quick attack and iron tail.

I know "splashing" water on mudsdale might seem contradictory(or Mudsdale ending up in the water by a mischarge, or breaking the platform with it's Z-move), but to me using the terrain isn't as cheap as learning a new move during one of the most important battles of the region, because again it shows innovation and makes the battle more impactful.

Well whose to say that it didn't learn Splishy Splashy before the battle, because after all we do see it in the Water with Lana and Brionne. So it wouldn't really be a cheap way to win if it learned the move before the battle against Mudsdale.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Well whose to say that it didn't learn Splishy Splashy before the battle, because after all we do see it in the Water with Lana and Brionne. So it wouldn't really be a cheap way to win if it learned the move before the battle against Mudsdale.

proving you have no faith in Pikachu either.

Status
Not open for further replies.