• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 17th: SM109 - An Island Queen is Born! Satoshi's Grand Trial!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over on the PokeGolf thread, Defender said the following:

Pokenchi showed footage from the episode, and we saw that Satoshi's partner is Pikachu.
They also roughly explained the rules of Pokegolf - basically, the Pokemon partner is allowed to use their moves to affect the ball while it's still in the air. We saw Pikachu jumping up and using Iron Tail to give the ball a second hit as it flew by.

So it's safe to say that Iron Tail is not being replaced with Splishy Splash here. Which still begs the question of how exactly Ash will win with Quick Attack and Iron Tail without feeling forced...

Red and Blue

So ash is using Gigavolt Havoc against Mudslade according to the new preview Cant wait to see what its for.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
So ash is using Gigavolt Havoc against Mudslade according to the new preview Cant wait to see what its for.
I knew that glow looked too yellow for Breakneck Blitz. Knocking Mudsdale into the water might be his plan though.

ShadowForce720

Well there's still Eevee for that I guess...

If your talking about Splishy Splash it's a move that only Pikachu can learn. The water type move Eevee has access to would be Bouncy Bubble, however it can't learn Splishy Splash. However if you just meant that it could learn it's own specialty move in general and not specifically it learning Splishy Splash then never mind.

dman_dustin

So this episode keeps getting worse, and worse.

That's nice. Really want to know why anyone approved of this episode being made like it is.

And no, I don't mean Ash vs Hapu.

I mean Ash's Pikachu just vs Hapu's Mudsdale, with JUST Iron Tail and Quick attack, and Ash using Gigavolt Havoc. And I'm really supposed to believe Ash legitimately can beat Hapu with these factors, and that this is nothing more than annoying plot armor drivel.

K.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
This Grand Trial does not look too promising at first glance. Not only is Ash using his worst possible choice against Mudsdale, he's even going for a totally ineffective Gigavolt Havoc when he still has a perfectly good Normalium Z? Definitely sounds underwhelming, but I'll withhold judgement until the episode actually airs. For all we know, there could be perfectly sound reasons for all this. Hapu might specifically request that Ash use Pikachu, or something. Not sure why Ash would opt for Gigavolt Havoc in this battle, but I feel like he wouldn't have done so without a damn good reason.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Hopefully Ash uses Gigavolt Havoc to not actually attack Mudsdale itself, or this is just a big error, even though I highly doubt it's an error.

D

Deleted member 384931

I am wondering how he will win with an electric-Z move.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Same way he beat Nanu

Use one Z-move to cancel out another, then use superior speed to land a finishing blow
Nah, because it looks like Mudsdale is using its Z-Move in the Pokenchi preview underwater and Pikachu is on the battlefield when it uses its Z-Move.

Status
Not open for further replies.