• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 17th: SM109 - An Island Queen is Born! Satoshi's Grand Trial!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

None of Ash's other Pokemon know any Steel moves though. Hapu wouldnt have a reason to give him the Steelium Z unless Fini swaps the Z crystals

Yeah but basically what your saying it Ash should use a pokemon that would be essentially dead weight in this particular battle where you it's only in there to lose. Plus Tapu Fini could be the one to switch out the Z-crystals. Because what is Pikachu really contributing to this battle, your essentially trying to say that Pikachu even though it would useless during the battle that it should be put in it anyway just to give Ash the Steel Z-crystal, which would mean that it would put more stress on Ash's other pokemon because now they would have to defeat Golurk and Mudsdale instead of just Mudsdale or Golurk all because Pikachu could handle either of them provide this is a 2vs2, I'm sorry but there is no reason Pikachu should be used here over Rowlet, Torracat, or even Lycanroc.

dman_dustin

None of Ash's other Pokemon know any Steel moves though. Hapu wouldnt have a reason to give him the Steelium Z unless Fini swaps the Z crystals

Not exactly.

Remember how Ash and Hapu met.

Ash used Iron Tail to cause her Golurk to get on its knees, that caught her off guard, or impressed her enough that she would probably give Ash Steelium-Z simply because its a Z-crystal she actually has, since none of Ash's Pokemon has shown using a ground type move, and Lycanroc already has Lycanium-Z and Ash already has Rockium-Z as well, it would make sense to give Ash Steelium-Z for sole purpose to have Pikachu use, and then in turn which would imply Ash getting Meltan.

Edit: What I'm suggesting here, is that Hapu doesn't have to give Ash a Z-crystal based on the Pokemon that battled here, as I'm sure it would depend ENTIRELY on whether she had said Z-crystal or not (rather than the belief all Kahuna's have ALL Z-crystals). Or maybe because she's a new Kahuna, maybe Tapu Fini gives Ash the steel type Z-crystal.

Zariful

So patterns are meant to be broken, so Ash doesn’t necessarily need to use a z move here. Heck Ash didn’t even get two crystals on the third island. So here’s some potential for why Torraca could be used. Torracat has a primarily fire type moveset. And it can deal a burn to Mudsdale. So while Mudsdale’s defenses make get higher, its attack power is weakened on its physical moves and its slowly taking damage every turn. Meanwhile torracat’s moveset also consists of a nice move called revenge. So when it takes a hard hit, it can hit Mudsdale with double power. So there is potential for how this battle can be intense

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Edit: What I'm suggesting here, is that Hapu doesn't have to give Ash a Z-crystal based on the Pokemon that battled here, as I'm sure it would depend ENTIRELY on whether she had said Z-crystal or not (rather than the belief all Kahuna's have ALL Z-crystals). Or maybe because she's a new Kahuna, maybe Tapu Fini gives Ash the steel type Z-crystal.

She can also have some Z-crystals left behind from her grandfather.

So patterns are meant to be broken, so Ash doesn’t necessarily need to use a z move here. Heck Ash didn’t even get two crystals on the third island. So here’s some potential for why Torraca could be used. Torracat has a primarily fire type moveset. And it can deal a burn to Mudsdale. So while Mudsdale’s defenses make get higher, its attack power is weakened on its physical moves and its slowly taking damage every turn. Meanwhile torracat’s moveset also consists of a nice move called revenge. So when it takes a hard hit, it can hit Mudsdale with double power. So there is potential for how this battle can be intense

I've mention this before in sm108 speculation thread but Ash could receive a new Z-crystal in that episode and then uses it for this battle.

nuzamaki90

Why oh why is this a one on one battle? Did I miss something? For what purpose?

Ideally the only one I’d like to see battling here is Torracat since it hasn’t been in a single Grand Trial but at the same time, its undoubtedly the weakest on Ash’s team. It winning here would be TOO unrealistic and not all that satisfying. Unless it evolves during the battle, but what are the chances of that?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Why oh why is this a one on one battle? Did I miss something? For what purpose?

Ideally the only one I’d like to see battling here is Torracat since it hasn’t been in a single Grand Trial but at the same time, its undoubtedly the weakest on Ash’s team. It winning here would be TOO unrealistic and not all that satisfying. Unless it evolves during the battle, but what are the chances of that?

at least keeps all the GT's unique since none of them were the same if this 1 v 1 holds true.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Just realized Torracat’s Ember is the only move from any of Ash’s Pokèmon that isn’t shut down by Mudsdale’s typing or ability

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Sounds like another one on one.... ugh!

I'd bet money it's either Pikachu or Lycanroc doing this and not Rowlet and Torracat. -_-

ShadowForce720

Sounds like another one on one.... ugh!

I'd bet money it's either Pikachu or Lycanroc doing this and not Rowlet and Torracat. -_-

Well if your betting on Pikachu fighting in a 1vs1 against Mudsdale then you would lose that bet, since considering how effectively Mudsdale walls Pikachu it's extremely unlikely that Ash would use Pikachu here. If anything it's actually more likely that Ash will use Rowlet or Torracat here, sure he could use Lycanroc but considering Lycanroc's last Grand Trial battle was a 3vs1 where it got Nanu's 3 pokemon to itself so I think that was probably to make up for it not being used here and, I think that means that Rowlet or Torracat are more likely to be used here.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Lmao, Torracat almost gets the 'proud' distinction of being the only starter that has never battled in a gym battle/equivalent, unless it's a 2 vs 2, and Ash uses Torracat after Pikachu.

dman_dustin

Well there you go Steelium-Z.

Yes Ash use a Pokemon that can only use Normalium-Z against Hapu, smart choice, using an electric type against a ground type.

Yep, Ash is using Pikachu.
Poor Torracat... At least, it just learned Fire Blast.
Really Fire Blast? They really do not care about Ash's team at all, do they?
Edit: Although in fairness to them, if they at least replaced it with Ember (which I didn't think Torracat still had), then I'm fine with it, still though, this comes off like Rowlet and Seed Bomb, a move learned for the sake of learning a new move (although that was to force Rowlet to never evolve).

D

Deleted member 384931

Well if your betting on Pikachu fighting in a 1vs1 against Mudsdale then you would lose that bet, since considering how effectively Mudsdale walls Pikachu it's extremely unlikely that Ash would use Pikachu here. If anything it's actually more likely that Ash will use Rowlet or Torracat here, sure he could use Lycanroc but considering Lycanroc's last Grand Trial battle was a 3vs1 where it got Nanu's 3 pokemon to itself so I think that was probably to make up for it not being used here and, I think that means that Rowlet or Torracat are more likely to be used here.
Yet he uses Pikachu now

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored

well...
tumblr_pa2v7ozhwq1xw7h9io1_250.gif

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Really Fire Blast? They really do not care about Ash's team at all, do they?
Edit: Although in fairness to them, if they at least replaced it with Ember (which I didn't think Torracat still had), then I'm fine with it

Well, they did use "Ember" as the base and modified it into "Fire Blast" (similar to how 'Electro Ball' was replaced by 'Electroweb').
So, the base start up animation is same as before, except it expands into the "大" shape after getting fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.