• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 17th: SM109 - An Island Queen is Born! Satoshi's Grand Trial!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Maybe this episode being called, “Satoshi’s Grand Trial” means Hapu must beat Satoshi to fully establish her Queen title and their “official” match is later?
Doubt it. If Ash lost the first time then he would still be on Poni instead of leaving on episode 111. Not that I would want this prolonged since we still have a lot to cover before Gen 8 starts.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Which one is he trying to use??

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
We don't know, but knowing Pikachu's moves and that he can't use the Electric one, it's probably Breakneck Blitz.

Actually, he COULD be trying to use Z-Electroweb. It would be the first time he uses a status Z-move - although that’s probably not the case.

*Edit: Aaaaand I just realized that Electroweb is a damaging move and thus would become Gigavolt Havoc anyway. Please disregard this theory.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I was wondering
This is the last trial but there isn't any sign of "feeling" of Ash completing the Island Challenge
The League is coming soon, but this trial doesn't have the feel a last trial could have

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Only if they use Guzma as a "special Kahuna" and his future appearence is about Ash give him the feeling of battle as a true Kahuna. But, that's off topic.

Honestly, the faster they finish this Poni arc, the better. Let Ash win and go on.

D

Deleted member 384931

Even how will Pikachu do this? The Normal-Z attack isnt so strong against a pokémon like Mudsdale with Stamania.

Red and Blue

If Pikachu is using Breakneck Blitz it means he still knows Quick Attack. So much for Splishy Splash

noakai

That pose is from the Sparking Gigavolt animation sequence and usually the color of the glow around the bracelet matches the stone in it (the new Flying-Z one is blue and the glow is blue, etc) and that one sure looks yellow to me.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
That pose is from the Sparking Gigavolt animation sequence and usually the color of the glow around the bracelet matches the stone in it (the new Flying-Z one is blue and the glow is blue, etc) and that one sure looks yellow to me.
if it is then I wonder what the heck is ash planning to do, a 1v1 battle with no torracat or rowlet is still disappointing, but I'm very interested on how ash will get out of this one
EDIT: Just checked, BB's glow is still yellow, but the screenshot is from GVH's stock animation, not BB's

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Actually I think it is Breakneck Blitz because if you look at when both Pikachu and Rowlet use the Normal type Z-move you will notice for a spilt second when Ash's arms are in the same position as they are in the picture the Z-crystal glows yellow for a bit.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Ash will win I think.

He has to win it, h already skipped one trial in poni island now if he gets a z crystal even without winning it that would be cheap writing even if it is a draw.

noakai

Actually I think it is Breakneck Blitz because if you look at when both Pikachu and Rowlet use the Normal type Z-move you will notice for a spilt second when Ash's arms are in the same position as they are in the picture the Z-crystal glows yellow for a bit.

I just looked at both Pikachu and Rowlet using that move and while the glow in the bracelet does look yellow and not white, the pose isn't the same - one arm is out to the side, one is down. That pic above has them both down, which is the very first pose Ash goes into with Sparking Gigavolt. My guess is that Hapu's Pokemon somehow gets wet and they're gonna hit it after it's wet - they are surrounded by water where they're fighting. It could even be Hapu's Pokemon that does something that causes water to splash up, I don't have a dog in the "learns Splishy Splash" race.

D

Deleted member 384931

I see Ash using his surroundings to come up with an idea to win.

ShadowForce720

I just looked at both Pikachu and Rowlet using that move and while the glow in the bracelet does look yellow and not white, the pose isn't the same - one arm is out to the side, one is down. That pic above has them both down, which is the very first pose Ash goes into with Sparking Gigavolt. My guess is that Hapu's Pokemon somehow gets wet and they're gonna hit it after it's wet - they are surrounded by water where they're fighting. It could even be Hapu's Pokemon that does something that causes water to splash up, I don't have a dog in the "learns Splishy Splash" race.

Actually if you pay closer attention to the scenes there is a moment in both cases of Rowlet and Pikachu that you see Ash's arms are down in that position heck if you look Rowlet you can see that it moved it's winds dow to that position temporary before they transition to the actual pose.

Status
Not open for further replies.