• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 17th: SM109 - An Island Queen is Born! Satoshi's Grand Trial!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

noakai

Actually if you pay closer attention to the scenes there is a moment in both cases of Rowlet and Pikachu that you see Ash's arms are down in that position heck if you look Rowlet you can see that it moved it's winds dow to that position temporary before they transition to the actual pose.

I did, multiple times. It's not the same pose or position at all. But we'll find out come the episode anyway.

Henry's Journey

He has to win it, h already skipped one trial in poni island now if he gets a z crystal even without winning it that would be cheap writing even if it is a draw.

Yeah he'll win for sure but how is he going to overcome that powerful ground type Mudsdale with Pikachu?

I feel like this last grand trial should've been a 2 vs 2: Torracat & Pikachu vs Golurk and Mudsdale but it is what it is.

Red and Blue

Pikachu can still forget Iron Tail, you know?
He could but then Hapu wouldn't have a crystal to give him. Unless Ash realizes Pikachu forgot Iron tail and needs a steel type to use Steelium Z

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
if it is then I wonder what the heck is ash planning to do, a 1v1 battle with no torracat or rowlet is still disappointing, but I'm very interested on how ash will get out of this one

I agree with torracat, but Rowlet I've explained why they probably wouldn't use it for a 1 v 1.

They would've had to bend the type immunity rule in Hapu's favor, as some people believe is Ash's only out with Pikachu here.

Mudsdale doesn't seem to have any rock type moves and can't learn Smack Down, and unless that double kick looking move isn't stomp Rowlet would resist that too, so all it would have to do is stay high enough and continuously pelt mudsdale with leafage and seed bomb, and then use bloom doom after enough pelting, that doesn't make for an interesting battle.

ShadowForce720

I agree with torracat, but Rowlet I've explained why they probably wouldn't use it for a 1 v 1.

They would've had to bend the type immunity rule in Hapu's favor, as some people believe is Ash's only out with Pikachu here.

Mudsdale doesn't seem to have any rock type moves and can't learn Smack Down, and unless that double kick looking move isn't stomp Rowlet would resist that too, so all it would have to do is stay high enough and continuously pelt mudsdale with leafage and seed bomb, and then use bloom doom after enough pelting, that doesn't make for an interesting battle.

Well to be fair we've only seen one of Mudsdale's moves so if it were to face Rowlet they could give it a move set that would allow to battle Rowlet it, plus flying types immunity to Ground type moves seems to be only when they are in the air and out of reach so that the Ground type move can't hit them, however if the move hits them then they take damage for instance if you look back at the fight between Hawlucha and Mega Lucario, Mega Lucario was able to hit Hawlucha with a Bone Rush despite being a Ground type move and Hawlucha wound up taking damage.

The only reason why in the games they just made Flying types immune to Ground types is because there is no way other then using a move to get rid of the immunity to really have to where a flying type pokemon can get hurt by a Ground type move based on whether or not the Ground type move actually hits it, for instance if the flying type pokemon is in the air it doesn't make sense for the move earthquake to have a chance of hitting the pokemon however a move like Mud Shot or Bonemerang or Bone Rush where the ground type move isn't restricted to the ground it makes sense that it would have a chance of hitting the Flying type pokemon, however this can't be shown in the games do to limitations where as the anime doesn't have such limitations.

So if Mudsdale was able to land Highhorse Power on Rowlet or it's Ground type Z-move on Rowlet it would do damage simply because the attack actually connected with Rowlet and not just missed it.

So Mudsdale wouldn't have been at that big of a disadvantage if it did fight Ash's Rowlet in a 1vs1 as it does have moves that could make it difficult for Rowlet to beat it.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Meh, he'll probably use Gigavolt Havoc to destroy the field and get Mudsdale stuck somehow and then just Iron Tail it on the head or something to beat it. Weak points and all that BS.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Meh, he'll probably use Gigavolt Havoc to destroy the field and get Mudsdale stuck somehow and then just Iron Tail it on the head or something to beat it. Weak points and all that BS.
that'd be pretty cool and I'd love to see that, I want to see how creative they'll get with this matchup

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Mudsdale as a Ride Pokémon has the specific ability to walk over destroyed terrain.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
He could but then Hapu wouldn't have a crystal to give him. Unless Ash realizes Pikachu forgot Iron tail and needs a steel type to use Steelium Z

Yeah, Iron Tail's basically a signature part of Pikachu now anyways. I don't see it going anywhere.
Pikachu's probably going to keep the moveset he has until gen 8, where Electroweb gets replaced by a new hip and exciting electric attack! /s None will ever be as good as Volt Tackle....

Mudsdale as a Ride Pokémon has the specific ability to walk over destroyed terrain.

True
But this is the anime :p
It'd be lovely to see Ash try that destroy the field technique of his out though and fail xD

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Yeah, Iron Tail's basically a signature part of Pikachu now anyways. I don't see it going anywhere.
Pikachu's probably going to keep the moveset he has until gen 8, where Electroweb gets replaced by a new hip and exciting electric attack! /s None will ever be as good as Volt Tackle....

True
But this is the anime :p
It'd be lovely to see Ash try that destroy the field technique of his out though and fail xD
I think Electroweb may stick around longer than "Aura Sphere but Electric", but yeah, it'll be the move to go if one does get replaced next generation.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
2nd preview looks good, but it ended as soon as it was getting interesting

JC317

From the second preview, it seems like Ash's plan is basically:
Step 1 - Quick Attack to maneuver around
Step 2 - Iron Tail to attack weak spots
Step 3 - ???
Step 4 - Breakneck Blitz to win

D

Deleted member 384931

Which Z-Crystal can Ash get? I dont think Groundium-Z.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
From the second preview, it seems like Ash's plan is basically:
Step 1 - Quick Attack to maneuver around
Step 2 - Iron Tail to attack weak spots
Step 3 - ???
Step 4 - Breakneck Blitz to win

Step 3 - Wipe Hapu's smug smile.

I know this show is averse to use old tricks from previous sagas, but all that occured me is that draco meteor climb would be a nice counter. Battles got less creative animewise with the Z-moves.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Step 3 - Wipe Hapu's smug smile.

I know this show is averse to use old tricks from previous sagas, but all that occured me is that draco meteor climb would be a nice counter. Battles got less creative animewise with the Z-moves.
didn't rockruff pretty much use rock tomb climb in sm36? Something like DMC isn't completely out of the question (though what I'm wondering the most now is what is ash planning to do with gigavolt havoc)

Status
Not open for further replies.