• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 19th: PM2019 056 - Elite Four Ganpi! The House of Chivalry!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

ShadowForce720

Not really lmao. If anything, it may hint towards Scyther evolving instead as the armor its wearing can serve as a Metal Coat lulz.
Honesty I wouldn’t be that surprised if both Galarian Farfetch’d and Scyther evolve here. I mean heck their evolved forms both share something in common with their opponents, which breaks down like this:

Both Aegislash and Sirfetch’d have a Sword and a Shield.

Both Escavalier and Scizor are Bug/Steel type Pokémon.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I can understand why Ash would be training with Wikistrom to get stronger

But my question is, what exactly does Goh get out of this? He isn't a battler so I don't know why Goh would sign up to train under Wikistrom unless he's doing this solely to obtain a Scizor

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Damn I really need to play that game
Well, game is awful at giving you enough gems to get the trainers you want, and the flavor text mostly revolves about showing off why a trainer and their Pokemon is so good at what they do.

It does have a lot of good stuff when it bothers to go out of that zone, and the little side stories for each non-seasonal trainer add up to their backstories. The game is the reason why Rosa and Flannery have become so popular.

(Ironically, the game's plot is literally a true "PWC" format that does point out the absurdity of messing with the timeline in its own way.)

On a side note, it is illegal for this game to have a godly soundtrack full of remixes that aren't really complete remixes but still somehow feel natural...in a mobile game.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

But my question is, what exactly does Goh get out of this? He isn't a battler so I don't know why Goh would sign up to train under Wikistrom unless he's doing this solely to obtain a Scizor
He is probably in it for Scizor. Or maybe it is because it is really Scyther that wants to train and Go is granting its wish

just because we saw go battling does not mean he will be the main focus. is it really so bad to actually make good use of the dual protagonist role they've been going for? he brought his scyther along since it's been a really long time since he brought it with him
this episode does look really promising for kamon
You can't just jump to conclusions about the episode and whine that go is the main focus when NO, it's Kamon who is supposed to be in the spotlight. I love that they actually bothered to give him some development instead of leaving him alone again for 20 episodes.
in order for kamon to be willing to work with ash's other pokemon it has to connect with ash first since otherwise it may refuse to listen to a plan ash came up with on the spot
Why do they have to do it only in Ash focused episodes?

Screentime.
Well, game is awful at giving you enough gems to get the trainers you want, and the flavor text mostly revolves about showing off why a trainer and their Pokemon is so good at what they do.

It does have a lot of good stuff when it bothers to go out of that zone, and the little side stories for each non-seasonal trainer add up to their backstories. The game is the reason why Rosa and Flannery have become so popular.

(Ironically, the game's plot is literally a true "PWC" format that does point out the absurdity of messing with the timeline in its own way.)

On a side note, it is illegal for this game to have a godly soundtrack full of remixes that aren't really complete remixes but still somehow feel natural.
Flannery has always been popular for some unknown reasons. She might be the most popular female NPC from Gen 3.

Genetic_Hawk

Pikachu! KIMI NI KIME TAA
is it really so bad to actually make good use of the dual protagonist role they've been going for?
That would b better if they did it for majority of episodes. Ash didnt do a thing in suicune but goh did a lot in korrina ep.
And then goh got another ep for messon while ash didnt even showed his mons. And then after months they remember that ash battles yet here the concept of dual protag has to b played out.

Dont tell about ep 51 cuz that just seemed hypothetical.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Damn I really need to play that game

I play the game since launch and I think it's very fun. It had a rough start and DeNA used to be more generous with gems but it's still somewhat entertaining to me. If you ever play it, join the team in the game thread.

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
That would b better if they did it for majority of episodes. Ash didnt do a thing in suicune but goh did a lot in korrina ep.
And then goh got another ep for messon while ash didnt even showed his mons. And then after months they remember that ash battles yet here the concept of dual protag has to b played out.

Dont tell about ep 51 cuz that just seemed hypothetical.
fair enough. I can get that - do you mean episode 50, with the fossils? 51 was kamon fighting genba and his gurdurr
they really do need to start making better use of that role. with chloe in the mix, and them being almost half way through the series now...

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Yep. Everyone loves a girl who shows some skin!

Especially after the remakes her
:cool:
hotter than ever.
Just don't go too far with it

The anime literally had to "Censor" Olivia by giving her a jacket that she doesn't wear in the games because her outfit shows way too much skin

This makes me wonder if they'll do the same for Nessa when she appears because she also shows a lot of skin (tho she is a Water Type Gym Leader so it may be more justifiable)

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The anime literally had to "Censor" Olivia by giving her a jacket that she doesn't wear in the games because her outfit shows way too much skin
Boy, was it the most ridiculous thing I've seen the anime do to characters. She didn't even take it off while diving in the water.

Hey, they didn't do anything to her in Twilight Wings. They even gave her a revealing alt. costume.
https://twinfinite.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Screen-Shot-2020-04-21-at-11.43.00-AM.jpg
The fact TW showed you two hospitalized children alongside a dozen more should tell you their demographic does target a slightly older audience than the games' target audience.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I say—I don’t think we’ve yet to see Satoshi in a learning role in quite some time. I don’t recall anything from SM aside from maybe Kaki chastising his usage of the Z-Ring and Kuchinasu’s rematch arc. Quite refreshing how even in a competition for the role and fight against the Supreme Monarch/Greatest of Them All he still will need to be taught things at times. Ganpi was a mostly forgettable (like most Gen 6 characters) from the games so seeing him in action, even dubbing himself, “The Man of Steel” (we Superman in here :S ) in the preview is pretty rad. I said before how he fits far more with Galar as a region than Kalos anyway so his addition feels so organic this saga.

Status
Not open for further replies.