• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 19th: PM2019 056 - Elite Four Ganpi! The House of Chivalry!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Yeah never mind Farfetch’d is definitely not evolving here lol. There is no way it is evolving in a 2v1 battle.

Now I’m thinking Wikstrom will appear again in a future episode and this episode is just development on its new focus on teamwork. Soon as we saw that Go was involved as well that should’ve been a hint that this isn’t going the way we thought.

The 2v1 is likely just the initial training section, like the group training with Probopass.

Ash and Goh vs. Wikstrom, Scyther and Farfetch'd vs Aegislash, before the 1v1's.

Scyther vs Escavalier

Farfetch'd vs Aegislash

"But what is the fate of Satoshi and Go that Pikachu will have to see?!" this summary line makes me think we are getting 2 evolutions.

I wonder where Dedenne fits in?

Goh isn't stealing screentime. The episode is a training episode for both protagonists. People just invented their own head cannons before we had a summary, and are now using it as an excuse to hate on Goh.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
How is it 'Wasted' when it prominently features a Kalos E4 Member never shown in the main anime, and featuring training for Ash and Goh's mons and much needed farfetch'd focus by that Kalos character?
Cuz I would rather see Ash battling him and trying to defeat him seriously 1 on 1, like we had with (perfect) Diantha.
Seeing a Kalos E4 member isnt wasted, I was glad to see him. But in a more serious and interseting situation

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
I'm glad they actually bothered to show off Wikstrom in the first place
Drasna doesn't even get a cameo

Genetic_Hawk

Pikachu! KIMI NI KIME TAA
There isn’t any reason to expect the episode to just suddenly bend around if Gengar or Dragonite were in the episode being used in the battle with Farfetch’d considering this episode s clearly part of Farfetch’d’s arc meaning it’s going to be the one getting the shine.

So given that and from we know about the episode there is no reason to think that they would have Farfetch’d take the fall here for Dragonite or Gengar in this episode had they been the ones used as this battle isn’t part of their arc or specifically for them.

It’s better to Goh’s Scyther partner with Ash’s Farfetch’d here because that gives a Pokémon that can easily take the fall for Farfetch’d while Farfetch’d shines and then they can give Gengar and Dragonite a future battle to shine in where they don’t need be sacrificial lambs.

Because let’s be real here regardless of what happens to Scyther in this episode it is just basically serving as a sacrificial lamb.
who knows? may b scyther will defeat a mon or may perform beyond what an untrained scyther can

After seeing a freshly evolved dragonite taking up 2 mons without any training and a leek which broke a steel without doing any training and a freshly evolved lucario who 1 shotted 2 mons(may b lucario case is wrong) cant u expect scyther will b able to take on an E4 mon

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
If Farfetch'd won't evolve at least learn a new move.

I fail to see why given Farfetch'd's evolution method it makes more sense to get 3 critical hits on Elite Four member than someone presumably in Hyper/Ultra class.
Kamonegi’s first and literally only focus episode gave it a victory, that drove Satoshi’s rank up to 300, and a drawn out battle with newly revealed moves and a character-based issue. It’s narrative flaw came at the literal tail end of the episode with Rinto’s introduction—to have it completed overcome that in this episode and evolve when Rinto seemed to foreshadow more feels a bit off? Rinto’s comments about its potential leads me to believe it’s evolution will happen—not necessarily against them but at least with them present? Rinto commenting there was an issue, Satoshi screwing off to Kalos and returning with Kamonegi evolved and 100% fixed for a rematch and victory against Erlade never felt all that realistic for me.

But then again Strike and Kamonegi have eccentric evolutionary methods and Kamonegi literally has Focus Energy, Night Slash—moves tied to Critical Hits. So they may wanna pull off a double evolution while promoting the dual protagonist angle but I doubt that would lead to any significant accomplishment/victory and it would have shared that with Strike/Gou so wouldn’t the better alternative be evolution against Rinto if you’re wanting a 100% Satoshi-focused affair?

Genetic_Hawk

Pikachu! KIMI NI KIME TAA
People just invented their own head cannons before we had a summary, and are now using it as an excuse to hate on Goh.
Where is hate? This thread is for speculating what might happen in the episode and how do 1 speculate ? By seeing preview or summary i think.

Everything thats against goh doesnt mean its hate.

Red and Blue

I don't think Dragonite or Gengar would of been shafted even if Farfetch'd is the star of the battle. They could of gotten a victory against one of Wikstrom's other Pokemon before going down against Aegislash

ShadowForce720

I don't think Dragonite or Gengar would of been shafted even if Farfetch'd is the star of the battle. They could of gotten a victory against one of Wikstrom's other Pokemon before going down against Aegislash
The whole battle with Korrina in episode 25 says otherwise. They had no problem having Gengar be the sacrificial lamb so that Dragonite could get two wins. So there isn’t any real basis to think that in this particular episode they would have Dragonite or Gengar get a win if they intend for a Pokémon to be a sacrificial lamb to make Farfetch’d look good.

Red and Blue

The whole battle with Korrina in episode 25 says otherwise. They had no problem having Gengar be the sacrificial lamb so that Dragonite could get two wins. So there isn’t any real basis to think that in this particular episode they would have Dragonite or Gengar get a win if they intend for a Pokémon to be a sacrificial lamb to make Farfetch’d look good.
They don't always intend for a Pokemon to be a sacrificial lamb. There has been plenty of 2 vs. 2 and 3 vs. 3 matches were each of Ash's Pokemon got a victory against his opponent.

ShadowForce720

They don't always intend for a Pokemon to be a sacrificial lamb. There has been plenty of 2 vs. 2 and 3 vs. 3 matches were each of Ash's Pokemon got a victory against his opponent.
Yes, but you understand that in this case they probably picked to have Goh’s Scyther battle alongside Ash’s Farfetch’d because they probably intend to have it be a sacrificial lamb.

Plus it’s pretty clear that some Pokémon will be used as sacrificial lambs more then others.

Red and Blue

Yes, but you understand that in this case they probably picked to have Goh’s Scyther battle alongside Ash’s Farfetch’d because they probably intend to have it be a sacrificial lamb.

Plus it’s pretty clear that some Pokémon will be used as sacrificial lambs more then others.
Well we don't know if Scizor would be a sacrificial lamb or not. Of course if both Ash and Go lose then it really doesn't matter.

Also I'm not sure if we can compare Go's Pokemon to Dragonite and Gengar since overall Ash is the better battler. I could buy those two getting a win over Scizor

ShadowForce720

Well we don't know if Scizor would be a sacrificial lamb or not. Of course if both Ash and Go lose then it really doesn't matter.

Also I'm not sure if we can compare Go's Pokemon to Dragonite and Gengar since overall Ash is the better battler. I could buy those two getting a win over Scizor
But again you have to admit that if they intend for their to be a sacrificial lamb inn the episode to take the fall and make Farfetch’d look good it makes more sense to use Goh’s Scyther/Scizor as the sacrificial lamb over Ash’s Dragonite and Gengar.

I mean because if we go by the logic that “but oh if this Pokémon is used it could get a win” then we wouldn’t matches like what happened in episode 25 now would we.

Red and Blue

But again you have to admit that if they intend for their to be a sacrificial lamb inn the episode to take the fall and make Farfetch’d look good it makes more sense to use Goh’s Scyther/Scizor as the sacrificial lamb over Ash’s Dragonite and Gengar.

I mean because if we go by the logic that “but oh if this Pokémon is used it could get a win” then we wouldn’t matches like what happened in episode 25 now would we.
We don't know if Farfetch'd will "look good" or not. For all we know it can still lose. If that happens then we can't call Scizor a sacrificial lamb.

BlazikenMask257

Hopefully we see Go battling more and more. If he does good in tomorrow's episode (training ) then definitely he should battle more.
I mean, he did receive a Dynamax band during the Darkest Day arc. This might be setup for him to use the mechanic, because he's been battling more and more.

Or it could mean absolutely nothing, since Ash only used his Dynamax band once since he got it in episode 13. For all we know, the writers never bother to show off the mechanic anymore.

Red and Blue

If Ash does lose I hope he and Wikstrom can rematch in the PWC once Ash reaches Hyper Class. It be nice if Wikstrom himself confirmed he is a competitor tomorrow

dman_dustin

Kamonegi’s first and literally only focus episode gave it a victory, that drove Satoshi’s rank up to 300, and a drawn out battle with newly revealed moves and a character-based issue. It’s narrative flaw came at the literal tail end of the episode with Rinto’s introduction—to have it completed overcome that in this episode and evolve when Rinto seemed to foreshadow more feels a bit off? Rinto’s comments about its potential leads me to believe it’s evolution will happen—not necessarily against them but at least with them present? Rinto commenting there was an issue, Satoshi screwing off to Kalos and returning with Kamonegi evolved and 100% fixed for a rematch and victory against Erlade never felt all that realistic for me.

But then again Strike and Kamonegi have eccentric evolutionary methods and Kamonegi literally has Focus Energy, Night Slash—moves tied to Critical Hits. So they may wanna pull off a double evolution while promoting the dual protagonist angle but I doubt that would lead to any significant accomplishment/victory and it would have shared that with Strike/Gou so wouldn’t the better alternative be evolution against Rinto if you’re wanting a 100% Satoshi-focused affair?

But Rinto's comments make more sense if Farfetch'd evolves.

The Pokemon has great potential aka Sirfetch'd, but it shouldn't be as a Farfetch'd unless they really want to pull a Torracat here but I fail to see why they'd do that as Sirfetch'd is more of an 8th generation Pokemon.

Look its either Farfetch'd evolves here and we wait 20 episodes for it to do anything OR we wait 20 episodes for it to evolve.

I would vastly prefer the former than having to wait 20 weeks for an evolution just because it absolutely has to get a focus episode as if they suddenly care to give Ash and his Pokemon the focus they deserve.

On top of that as I've said before Tomioka isn't writing evolutions/captures for Ash's Pokemon this series, I can't imagine Rinto being used in a non Tomioka episode. And even if Tomioka is given THIS evolution, why Farfetch'd of all Pokemon whereas Riolu's development was crapped all over just so it could evolve in the darkest day arc not written by Tomioka.

Furthermore if Ash is getting another Pokemon, why not have Tomioka work on THAT evolution potentially. Did Tomioka reveal he loves Sirfetch'd or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.