• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 19th: PM2019 056 - Elite Four Ganpi! The House of Chivalry!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 384931

Given Aegislash's paper-thin defense, it's not that unbelievable if he manages to get a clean hit in on Blade Forme.
Besides he defeated one before (agreed this one is much stronger), but he knows the kind of Pokemon. I hope he recognizes Satoshi, in some way or another.

EDIT: Kalos stays a really battle heavy region (minus Galar) in Journey's. The second episode in Kalos in another one about batteling

Last edited by a moderator:

dman_dustin

I personally wouldn't count Lucario since his feats thus far aren't particularly amazing, but Pikachu is realistically the only Pokemon on Satoshi's team that could defeat a member of the Four Heavenly King's ace Pokemon right now, and even then it would probably be an extremely close battle.

I was referring more in total of the entire series. Present and future not just prssent.

They (the writers) will have no choice but to explain Ash is so strong (eventually) by the implication that he is able to train his Pokemon in a much better fashion than previous generations.

Decidueye23

So quick question with this being the Ash vs Wikstrom battle and I’m presuming that the likely wild Dedenne is showing up here as well, is the only thing from the preview of future episodes that hasn’t shown up yet Grookey?
I think gulpin too. And chewtle vs turtwig

wertyuiop[

I personally wouldn't count Lucario since his feats thus far aren't particularly amazing, but Pikachu is realistically the only Pokemon on Satoshi's team that could defeat a member of the Four Heavenly King's ace Pokemon right now, and even then it would probably be an extremely close battle.

"Four Heavenly Kings"?

ChampioN One

The chosen One!

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
It's weird that they use English words and the Latin alphabet in Japanese...

They're called the Shitenno, which is the Japanese name for the Four Heavenly Kings of Buddhism, but which is also used as a snappy title for any notable group of four, and as such pops up all the time in both pop culture and elsewhere. "Elite Four" is actually a very good translation, I assume the reason it's not used much in English is because it'd just get mistaken for a Pokemon reference.

Look here for about a billion and one examples

Last edited:

BobbbidyBob

Hahaha if the likes of Infernape couldn't do it, the new mon with two battles under his belt sure as hell isn't lol.
All we can do now is hope for a miracle *closes eyes in serious solemnity*

AJ97

Lol No way in hell should farfetch'd be capable of putting up a fight against an Elite four Tier trainer. I think this would've been the perfect moment to reunite Ash with Greninja in Kalos who gets him his first official win against an Elite four member.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Lol No way in hell should farfetch'd be capable of putting up a fight against an Elite four Tier trainer. I think this would've been the perfect moment to reunite Ash with Greninja in Kalos who gets him his first official win against an Elite four member.
Greninja's unneeded until we're over the halfway point which we're not even at least close to it.

Zariful

I could envision a couple scenarios where Ash could lose the battle. Farfetch'd does indeed evolve, but it doesn't have scrappy and it goes for Meteor Assault and it has no effect, prompting Aegislash to knock it out similar to when Charizard tries to knock out Brandon's Dusclops with Seismic Toss. Or if it does have scrappy, despite the power behind the move, Aegislash is still standing and exploits the fact that Sirfetch'd needs to recharge. Having said that I'm not really a fan of the episodes where Ash's pokemon evolve and get stronger, only to still lose the match.

Watershuriken97

As of now I am sure Lucario is stronger than Dragonite but not that much.

Personally I believe Ash's Lucario needs to surpass Korrina's in a fight, before he should be able to be called stronger than dragonite.
Aside from having very little battles to compare/scale them, I think it would be a big letdown if he just earns the title of Ace, just because he evolved.

ShadowForce720

I could envision a couple scenarios where Ash could lose the battle. Farfetch'd does indeed evolve, but it doesn't have scrappy and it goes for Meteor Assault and it has no effect, prompting Aegislash to knock it out similar to when Charizard tries to knock out Brandon's Dusclops with Seismic Toss. Or if it does have scrappy, despite the power behind the move, Aegislash is still standing and exploits the fact that Sirfetch'd needs to recharge. Having said that I'm not really a fan of the episodes where Ash's pokemon evolve and get stronger, only to still lose the match.

It really just depends on if Ash’s Galarian Farfetch’d/Sirfetch’d can get around Aegislash’s shield and land a direct hit on it, if the answer is no then obviously Farfetch’d/Sirfetch’d will lose, if the answer is yes it will win, it’s that simple.

Really Aegislash is Wikstrom’s only Pokémon that Wikstrom has that has a Achilles heel that Farfetch’d/Sirfetch’d can exploit, most of all the other Pokémon that he has don’t really have a critical weakness that Farfetch’d/Sirfetch’d can exploit, sure Probopass has a quad weakness to Fighting type moves but it also has the ability Sturdy.

Really looking at it Wikstrom’s Aegislash is the only Pokémon that Wikstrom has that Ash’s Farfetch’d/Sirfetch’d stands a legitimate chance of winning and that is not because Aegislash is weak but it is because Aegislash has such a big Achilles heel.

As of now I am sure Lucario is stronger than Dragonite but not that much.
How?
It really just depends on if Ash’s Galarian Farfetch’d/Sirfetch’d can get around Aegislash’s shield and land a direct hit on it, if the answer is no then obviously Farfetch’d/Sirfetch’d will lose, if the answer is yes it will win, it’s that simple.

Really Aegislash is Wikstrom’s only Pokémon that Wikstrom has that has a Achilles heel that Farfetch’d/Sirfetch’d can exploit, most of all the other Pokémon that he has don’t really have a critical weakness that Farfetch’d/Sirfetch’d can exploit, sure Probopass has a quad weakness to Fighting type moves but it also has the ability Sturdy.

Really looking at it Wikstrom’s Aegislash is the only Pokémon that Wikstrom has that Ash’s Farfetch’d/Sirfetch’d stands a legitimate chance of winning and that is not because Aegislash is weak but it is because Aegislash has such a big Achilles heel.
I understand your logic but I am pretty sure this Aegislash can withstand one hit while in the blade form. In Cynthia vs Paul match, Weavile landed a clean Blizzard on Garchomp and it survived. Garchomp in games can't take a STAB ice move. In Gen 4 HP Ice Infernape was a good counter for Garchomp. I suppose E4/Champion level mons aren't that easy to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.