• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 19th: PM2019 056 - Elite Four Ganpi! The House of Chivalry!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

Hoping it ends up like Flint where when Ash loses, a few episodes later, he sees Wikstrom going against Leon and losing, similar to how Flint lost to Cynthia.

Just pointing this out but if Wikstrom was to battle Leon that would mean that Wikstrom is a part of the Master 8 because the only trainers that are able to have official matches with Leon are the ones that are in the Master 8.

I AM SO ****ING HYPED! We probably won't get a flashback or a reference but if Wikstrom recognizes Ash that would be nice

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
And now I have an excuse to catch up on the last two episodes, hyped that Ash is facing actual Pokemon characters again and not just OCs! Hopefully he battles one of the other Galar gym leaders soon, somebody he can actually beat right now lol

It'd be cool if they casually reveal Diantha's in the top 8 here, I'd really like to see Greninja finally live up to that forced hyped and kick her butt! Greninja is obviously going to return at some point so might as well make his return worth it!

I don't expect Farfetch'd to win, now evolving? Yes. Wikstrom and Ash will likely have a rematch later where Ash wins cause let's face it, only Dragonite could pull off a win without it coming off as forced at the current time
Wikstrom appearing opens the doors for other characters the anime skipped over but I do hope they introduce more of the Galar gym leaders first, I've been waiting years for Grimsley but I'm perfectly fine waiting longer if it means Nessa and Kabu don't get shoved into a singular episode and tossed aside! Longer they hold them off the more likely we'll get a large cluster of episodes together of Ash battling them which ain't good....

Watershuriken97

It did in Rose battle. Both Rose's Pokemon were beating Riolu and Pikachu and obviously had upper hand over them. Riolu evolved and Lucario one shotted them with Aura Sphere.Yes, they both hit each other but point is Lucario basically went alone against two of them who are above Riolu who is close to Mega Lucario. That's ace BS that's been presented for ages in other aces( Riolu and Pikachu couldn't beat Rose's Pokemon( they struggled) and here comes Lucario one shotting them) So basically at best both Pokemon are Mega Lucario level. I am pretty sure Dragonite can't beat two Mega Lucario( maybe he would tie with second one) while Ash's Lucario can.

I really think you are bringing too much biased into this, there is no way too scale how powerful Rose's pokemon are compared to mega lucario, so if they were much weaker, then lucario beating them solo is not a feat? (even if you use pikachu vs Mlucario, it's inconsistent since latios and trip's snivy aren't comparable either). You also really underestimate the power of mega evolution in my opinion, that said, even if we compare grapploct to mega lucario, we never saw if lucario had battled a pokemon before he fought grapploct? and as short as it was, grappoloct had been sparring with poliwrath and pikachu that same day.
But my biggest issue is that you are comparing ash's lucario to dragonite vs mega lucario, but he also took on mienshao, and you haven't really included this in your comments. that brings the hurdle lucario has to overcome that much higher, since the latios/snivy example shows you can't just compare rose's pokemon to mega lucario in xy.

ShadowForce720

I really think you are bringing too much biased into this, there is no way too scale how powerful Rose's pokemon are compared to mega lucario, so if they were much weaker, then lucario beating them solo is not a feat? (even if you use pikachu vs Mlucario, it's inconsistent since latios and trip's snivy aren't comparable either). You also really underestimate the power of mega evolution in my opinion, that said, even if we compare grapploct to mega lucario, we never saw if lucario had battled a pokemon before he fought grapploct? and as short as it was, grappoloct had been sparring with poliwrath and pikachu that same day.
But my biggest issue is that you are comparing ash's lucario to dragonite vs mega lucario, but he also took on mienshao, and you haven't really included this in your comments. that brings the hurdle lucario has to overcome that much higher, since the latios/snivy example shows you can't just compare rose's pokemon to mega lucario in xy.

Actually it’s not just a case of us never seeing if Korrina’s Mega Lucario battled any Pokémon before Grapploct but the fact of the matter is there was never any confirmation that Korrina’s Mega Lucario even fought Grapploct or that Grapploct was the Pokémon Bea used to defeat Korrina and her Mega Lucario.

The thing is when it shows the flashback of Bea beating Korrina and her Mega Lucario the Pokémon Bea used to beat it was kept hidden, which there was no reason to really not show Grapploct in the flashback if it had been the one to bea Korrina’s Mega Lucario. If anything it’s likely that the Pokémon Bea used to beat Korrina and her Mega Lucario was a different Pokémon.

I think it’s important to point out that while yes Grapploct is a strong Pokémon however just because it was one of the first Pokémon we’ve seen Bea used in battle doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s actually her ace.

Watershuriken97

Actually it’s not just a case of us never seeing if Korrina’s Mega Lucario battled any Pokémon before Grapploct but the fact of the matter is there was never any confirmation that Korrina’s Mega Lucario even fought Grapploct or that Grapploct was the Pokémon Bea used to defeat Korrina and her Mega Lucario.

The thing is when it shows the flashback of Bea beating Korrina and her Mega Lucario the Pokémon Bea used to beat it was kept hidden, which there was no reason to really not show Grapploct in the flashback if it had been the one to bea Korrina’s Mega Lucario. If anything it’s likely that the Pokémon Bea used to beat Korrina and her Mega Lucario was a different Pokémon.

I think it’s important to point out that while yes Grapploct is a strong Pokémon however just because it was one of the first Pokémon we’ve seen Bea used in battle doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s actually her ace.

I was gonna mention that the flashback didn't show grapploct, and that Gmax machamp could still be her ace, but i felt like i should stick to the comparison, but fair point there, should have included it

dman_dustin

I’m not sure why Wikstrom would recognize Ash when the two have never met before now.

In fairness Ash was runner up in the Kalos conference, had an Ash-Greninja, helped stop the destruction of the Kalos region due to Lysandre with help of Diantha and the gym leaders.

Its weird if people don't know who Ash is in the Kalos region like JN025 implied.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Let's see how another E4 mon school an Ash mon... It's been a while, eh? The last time we saw was Flint's Infernape who schooled Ash's...

I wonder if Scizor will also fight here? Vs. Dracovish? LOL...

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’m kind of hoping Farfetch’d doesn’t evolve here since I’m it’ll be pushed to the side again once it becomes Sirfetch’d. I’d at least like them to give a little more focus episodes like they did with Riolu

nuzamaki90

I’m not sure why Wikstrom would recognize Ash when the two have never met before now.
Cuz Ash was one of the heroes of Kalos, the ones who saved the entire region from imploding on itself that was broadcasted on tv while the rest of the E4 obviously had other things to tend to like Siebold running his restaurant lol!

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Cuz Ash was one of the heroes of Kalos, the ones who saved the entire region from imploding on itself that was broadcasted on tv while the rest of the E4 obviously had other things to tend to like Siebold running his restaurant lol!
Like that's going to be a reason for anything lmao.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Bertha's Hippowdon vs Torterra, actually.

Which if I remember correctly, didn't actually go too badly for Torterra (at least until it used the ultimate battle-choking move, Rock Climb). Watching that battle was the first time I thought that maybe some of Ash's more experienced Pokemon could really give the Elite 4 members a tough time..

In fairness Ash was runner up in the Kalos conference, had an Ash-Greninja, helped stop the destruction of the Kalos region due to Lysandre with help of Diantha and the gym leaders.

Its weird if people don't know who Ash is in the Kalos region like JN025 implied.
Kalos folks recognized Serena just fine but no one(except one kid in Lumiose Gym) knew who Ash was.
Wonder where the episode will take place. From the looks of it, i'd guess it takes place in Shobonne Castle.
What if its Battle Chateau but indoors?
Which if I remember correctly, didn't actually go too badly for Torterra (at least until it used the ultimate battle-choking move, Rock Climb). Watching that battle was the first time I thought that maybe some of Ash's more experienced Pokemon could really give the Elite 4 members a tough time..
It was more about Bertha teaching him a lesson. She wanted him to learn how dig works.

Status
Not open for further replies.