• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 19th: PM2019 056 - Elite Four Ganpi! The House of Chivalry!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazikenMask257

館, the word used in the title, means a (nobleman's) house or mansion, so that sounds very unlikely.
Correct me if im wrong, but i don't recall a place like this in Kalos. Guess it's going to be an anime-exclusive location (Wouldn't mind this tbh).
What if its Battle Chateau but indoors?
Possible, but in the preview it looks like they're battling in a very dark place. In the games the battlefield is fairly bright, but they could always change this in the anime. After all, the battles in XY020 all took place on the outside.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Correct me if im wrong, but i don't recall a place like this in Kalos. Guess it's going to be an anime-exclusive location (Wouldn't mind this tbh).

Yeah, there's no place with this name in the games.

Zariful

Tbh if we expect Ash to go toe to toe with the master 8 at some point. He’s probably gonna need to hold his own against really strong trainers. Ash is training his Pokémon and Farfetch’d has displayed it has some raw power. And considering we saw evidence they train offscreen and our friend has brought up that Aegislash has an Achilles Heel. And hey if its Leek is strong enough to break A gurdurr’s steel beam, maybe it can penetrate King’s Shield?

nuzamaki90

Like that's going to be a reason for anything lmao.
I mean..just one mention of Pokémon Eggs was enough for Elm to get a cameo, so why wouldn’t an E4 member of a region not recognize the guy that led the charge to saving it? I’m not saying it’s a certainty but lol that’s more than enough reason for Wikstrom to go “oh hey you’re that kid, thanks for that whole thing. Now say, do you know about chivalry?” and then cue the battle

maybe it can penetrate King’s Shield?
That’s what Farfetch’d/Sirfetch’d’s Hidden Ability: Scrappy, is for. It allows Normal and Fighting-type moves to work on Ghost-type Pokémon. So if ole Kamon evolves, and it learns Meteor Assault, that’ll be the key to victory against Aegislash.

Last edited:

Zariful

I mean..just one mention of Pokémon Eggs was enough for Elm to get a cameo, so why wouldn’t an E4 member of a region not recognize the guy that led the charge to saving it? I’m not saying it’s a certainty but lol that’s more than enough reason for Wikstrom to go “oh hey you’re that kid, thanks for that whole thing. Now say, do you know about chivalry?” and then cue the battle

That’s what Farfetch’d/Sirfetch’d’s Hidden Ability: Scrappy, is for. It allows Normal and Fighting-type moves to work on Ghost-type Pokémon. So if ole Kamon evolves, and it learns Meteor Assault, that’ll be the key to victory against Aegislash.
If they ignore the recharge need and it doesn’t survive the powerful move

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Its weird if people don't know who Ash is in the Kalos region like JN025 implied.

You know how it goes: these incredible, otherworldly, world threatening, epic events keep happening...and then everyone just shrugs it and get on with their lives as if it didn't happen. (Hell, that even happens in the Games)

Last edited:

BlazikenMask257

Don't worry folks, Ash is gonna one shot Wilkstorm with Farfetch'd. If a rookie can one ball Suicune, what can't we aspect from this series.
You can put it this way, but mind you Negishi-san already confirmed in June 2020 that they would come up with ways to let Go register legendaries and mythicals. I like the seal away/catch and release path they're taking, to keep the controversy as little as possible. And the writers have already shown they handle battles and captures differently, so i don't get the comparison here.

Decidueye23

Honestly i am hoping aegislash cuts the leak in half. Now that would be interesting. Maybe ash will teach it to use one part as offense and one part as defence, whoch will help it when it becomes sirferchd

Mirage707

TPC simping for mobile cash shop money since 2016.
Don't worry folks, Ash is gonna one shot Wilkstorm with Farfetch'd. If a rookie can one ball Suicune, what can't we aspect from this series.
Goh would sweep Wilkstorm with Cinderace. After all, Ash can't even beat a Gym Leader while Goh is the bestest character in Pokemon history. Just look at how easily he catches Pokemon. His level must be Snoop Dogg high.

AJ97

Goh would sweep Wilkstorm with Cinderace. After all, Ash can't even beat a Gym Leader while Goh is the bestest character in Pokemon history. Just look at how easily he catches Pokemon. His level must be Snoop Dogg high.

Goh's Cinderace is already shown to be superior to Pikachu at least based off the Mewtwo fight... And this is the same Pikachu which at one point is supposed to take out Leon's Charizard lol. Maybe Ash wins the PWC and Goh casually drops by flying on his rayquaza and casually one shots Ash's team with his Cinderace before using his Primal Groudon and Kyogre. And maybe between the battle, Arceus decides to drop by and observe the battle and Goh stops the battle for a second and chucks a Pokeball at Arceus and adds it to his team.

Crybaby Sobble

S = Sarunori = Satoshi
Goh's Cinderace is already shown to be superior to Pikachu at least based off the Mewtwo fight... And this is the same Pikachu which at one point is supposed to take out Leon's Charizard lol. Maybe Ash wins the PWC and Goh casually drops by flying on his rayquaza and casually one shots Ash's team with his Cinderace before using his Primal Groudon and Kyogre. And maybe between the battle, Arceus decides to drop by and observe the battle and Goh stops the battle for a second and chucks a Pokeball at Arceus and adds it to his team.
This is the same pathetic Scorbunny folks.
Catching really is better than battling in terms of experience

Last edited:

Mirage707

Goh is basically a self-insert fanfiction character written by some Pokemon Go psycho-fanatic. His "story" and "abilities" belongs in an alternate universe spinoff at best, not the main show which has turned into a giant joke of a filler series.

AJ97

Goh is basically a self-insert fanfiction character written by some Pokemon Go psycho-fanatic. His "story" and "abilities" belongs in an alternate universe spinoff at best, not the main show which has turned into a giant joke of a filler series.

I actually had no problem with how the show started, how Goh's character was introduced and his initial goal etc. If anything, I was actually really excited about the PWC dynamic for Ash and having Goh be the rookie who Ash mentors. Especially during the battle frontier tournament arc where Goh was shown as a complete beginner and then watches Ash battle and gets excited about the same.

But the show then constantly makes Ash look worse just to make Goh look good.
1) Like for starters, they have Ash team up with Goh and team rocket in a raid battle to fight Zapdos? This is a guy who has defeat multiple legendaries by himself, he has defeated an articuno (Which is essentially the equivalent of a Zapdos). Then they have Goh almost capture this bird and mind you, Ash's far more experienced and trained Charizard struggled to beat that wild Articuno.

2) Then in the flygon capture episode, they make Ash look dumb with some nonsencial depression arc and have Goh look better than him.

3) Then the mewtwo episode pissed me off more. Goh is now fighting mewtwo on the same level of Ash and his Cinderace is shown to be superior to Ash's Pikachu? They could've written this episode a lot better by simply having Goh maybe chase mew and Ash battle mewtwo on his own.

Goh's character is making me hate the series almost to the same extent of Black and White.

Mirage707

I actually had no problem with how the show started, how Goh's character was introduced and his initial goal etc. If anything, I was actually really excited about the PWC dynamic for Ash and having Goh be the rookie who Ash mentors. Especially during the battle frontier tournament arc where Goh was shown as a complete beginner and then watches Ash battle and gets excited about the same.

But the show then constantly makes Ash look worse just to make Goh look good.
1) Like for starters, they have Ash team up with Goh and team rocket in a raid battle to fight Zapdos? This is a guy who has defeat multiple legendaries by himself, he has defeated an articuno (Which is essentially the equivalent of a Zapdos). Then they have Goh almost capture this bird and mind you, Ash's far more experienced and trained Charizard struggled to beat that wild Articuno.

2) Then in the flygon capture episode, they make Ash look dumb with some nonsencial depression arc and have Goh look better than him.

3) Then the mewtwo episode pissed me off more. Goh is now fighting mewtwo on the same level of Ash and his Cinderace is shown to be superior to Ash's Pikachu? They could've written this episode a lot better by simply having Goh maybe chase mew and Ash battle mewtwo on his own.

Goh's character is making me hate the series almost to the same extent of Black and White.
Pokémon GO
from Niantic has seen its best calendar year yet after generating $1 billion in the first 10 months of 2020 alone...
That revenue is all you need to know why they are writing Goh Stu the way he is. BW wasn't nearly as bad. Iris actually had to improve as a trainer to use Excadrill and Dragonite. Goh is like Moses parting the Red Sea of Challenges and Resistance. Pokemon should call it quits if this is the crap they roll out with. Or reboot like Digimon did.

Feels like I can just hop on Serebii and look at the episode gallery and save 30 min.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

You do understand that Pikachu varies in strength in mid/early series? Obviously here Pikachu has been nerfed like in almost all PJ episodes except Charizard vs Pikachu one.

Status
Not open for further replies.