• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 19th: PM2019 056 - Elite Four Ganpi! The House of Chivalry!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I was about to post this but seems like I'm not alone. If Ash wins and people whining about it I should call them Ash haters!

Being annoyed that a barely trained new capture can take down an E4 level Pokemon, does not make someone an 'Ash hater'..

Literally, having any negative criticisms towards a character these days gets you labelled as a hater and it's absolutely ridiculous.

FatBigachu

Being annoyed that a barely trained new capture can take down an E4 level Pokemon, does not make someone an 'Ash hater'..

Literally, having any negative criticisms towards a character these days gets you labelled as a hater and it's absolutely ridiculous.
Being annoyed that rookie trainer catching a legendary by throwing a ball shouldn't make anyone Goh hater so tell that to them, not me!

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I honestly like the idea of Wikstrom seeing Farfecth'd as a rogue street samurai instead of a noble knight, so to teach it chivalry it battles it and Aegislash ends up breaking Farfetch'd leek in two. This could lead to Ash helping Farfetch'd manage having two broken halves of a leek, leading to them bonding and its eventual evolution
However knowing the series im pretty sure Farfetch'd is just gonna evolve in this episode, im still happy though that they went with the farfetch'd being a rogue street samurai caring only to battle, sharpen its weapon/leek and be stronger to potentially forming a bond with Ash, learning chivalry and becoming a knight, just wish they did that in more than 3 episodes (Ep27,Ep51, and this) while having small role in ep28 and 30 and a battle in the Bea episode while having a small cameo in the next Bea episode

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Hopefully not. i wanna him gain ranks on screentime just like they show every single goh's capture onscreen
Lets be fair, it's way easier to animate Go catching something than just animating full out battles. And to be frank, battles are better off getting offscreened if they only last 1-2 mins and not at least like 5 mins minimum. They serve no purpose or meaning except being wastes of time especially if they're COTD battles unless they have some meaning like in episode 18 and 51.

Genetic_Hawk

Pikachu! KIMI NI KIME TAA
Lets be fair, it's way easier to animate Go catching something than just animating full out battles. And to be frank, battles are better off getting offscreened if they only last 1-2 mins and not at least like 5 mins minimum. They serve no purpose or meaning except being wastes of time especially if they're COTD battles unless they have some meaning like in episode 18 and 51.
Would it be fine if they show all the 1ball captures or the entire kanto bug capture of goh offscreen?

Last edited:

Crybaby Sobble

S = Sarunori = Satoshi

I get you but saying this would had been more beneficial to all that Goh fanboys who always have an excuse to call others haters even if a rookie can get legendaries, all sorts of Pokemon with one ball.
Also I have never seen this 'Ash haters' thing.Let us use this to humilate all that pointless fanboys who call others 'haters':p

Genetic_Hawk

Pikachu! KIMI NI KIME TAA
I get you but saying this would had been more beneficial to all that Goh fanboys who always have an excuse to call others haters even if a rookie can get legendaries, all sorts of Pokemon with one ball.
Also I have never seen this 'Ash haters' thing.Let us use this to humilate all that pointless fanboys who call others 'haters':p
Yeah i m in

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I, for one, am never getting used to the stupidity that is Goh catching anything else so effortlessly. Like what's the point to see that happening. I don't find that awesome, I find that really ******* dumb in animated format. That's something you LITERALLY read in a bad fan fiction.

It's even dumber how the staff actually sees no issue with Goh having no issues with catching wild Pokemon that aren't Legendary Pokemon, but now Legendary Pokemon fall into the category of the effort behind catching a normal wild Pokemon to him. (I do believe someone brought up the staff talking about this disparity.)

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Goh catching mons without battling them is fine for weak mons or pre evolved mons in some instances for Me, it makes sense. Plus Goh really has been battling a lot more for his captures and putting in more work and other unique ways to get them. However him getting suicune is a dumb decision imo and I hate it when Goh gets mons like Darmanitan without battling, but that's rare

Its weird if people don't know who Ash is in the Kalos region like JN025 implied.
We don't know if the new characters in JN025 already know Ash or not, some might have not watch the Kalos league.

What I find weirder is that Ilma do not recognize Ash despite participating in the Kalos league. Different year?

I do agree that it would be weird if an E4 of Kalos do not recognize Kalos finalist who had widely talked Battle-Bond Greninja.
I, for one, am never getting used to the stupidity that is Goh catching anything else so effortlessly. Like what's the point to see that happening. I don't find that awesome, I find that really ******* dumb in animated format. That's something you LITERALLY read in a bad fan fiction.
I have lost interest watching that type of episode... the only one I am waiting for is this G.Farfetch'd episode.

AJ97

You do understand that Pikachu varies in strength in mid/early series? Obviously here Pikachu has been nerfed like in almost all PJ episodes except Charizard vs Pikachu one.

Here's the problem with the Pikachu is nerfed theory. While this is reasonable in the usual Gym battle type setting which we have in every series, it simply doesn't work in Pokemon Journey's where Ash's goal is defeating the strongest trainer in the world who is supposedly > Regional Champion Tier.

This is a major step up from all of Ash's adventures. They can't simply go about nerfing Pikachu and then have it battle Leon's Charizard in the end and even put up a fight. Again, there is absolutely no reason for Goh's ace to be portrayed as stronger than Pikachu.

And I disagree with the "Pikachu has been nerfed theory" in all the PJ episodes except his battle with Leon. The only other battle Pikachu technically lost was against Bea and considering that Pikachu defeated one of her Pokemon first and her rank was much better than Ash's, at least that loss is reasonable.

Morax

King of heroes
Here's the problem with the Pikachu is nerfed theory. While this is reasonable in the usual Gym battle type setting which we have in every series, it simply doesn't work in Pokemon Journey's where Ash's goal is defeating the strongest trainer in the world who is supposedly > Regional Champion Tier.

This is a major step up from all of Ash's adventures. They can't simply go about nerfing Pikachu and then have it battle Leon's Charizard in the end and even put up a fight. Again, there is absolutely no reason for Goh's ace to be portrayed as stronger than Pikachu.

And I disagree with the "Pikachu has been nerfed theory" in all the PJ episodes except his battle with Leon. The only other battle Pikachu technically lost was against Bea and considering that Pikachu defeated one of her Pokemon first and her rank was much better than Ash's, at least that loss is reasonable.
By that logic Bea is the new alola champion

AJ97

By that logic Bea is the new alola champion

1. Ash won the regional Alola league. Although I could argue the Alola regional league is much inferior to the other regional leagues, let us simply assume it is the equivalent of a regional league. That doesn't really mean as much. While it does look like a big achievement primarily because Ash never won a regional league, the reality is that regional leagues constantly happen and a lot of people keep winning. For instance, back in Hoenn, Ash could've very well beaten Tyson, the Hoenn Regional League Champion if he used his reserves. That said, Tyson is no where close or even on the same level as Steven who is a regional champion. Since Alola doesn't have an Elite four/ Regional Champion, we can't simply declare Ash as the equivalent of a regional champion. This would be like saying, since you came first in your school football tournament, it is exactly the same as winning the FIFA world cup.

2. If there was a legitimate title on the line, there would have to be an official battle. Like for starters, Ash didn't use his main Pokemon when he fought Bea for the first time. This would be different if this was a supposed Title defense. He simply used newly captured Pokemon. Plus, Ash is by no means referred to as a champion tier trainer. If you recall, Leon referred to him as an unrefined trainer with a lot of potential at the start which indicates that Ash is still far from being Champion Tier like Cynthia, Steven etc.

Plus you misunderstood my logic. I'm not saying Ash should be better than all his opponents. This is the pwc after all. For all you know, there might be a lot of trainers in the Great Class and Hyper Class who might have won regional leagues in the past. All I'm saying is Ash's Pikachu simply cannot be weaker than Goh's Cinderace. This simply demeans the plot. Goh is a rookie trainer who isn't even keen on battling.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

Pikachu definitely varies in strength in PJ episodes. because Pikachu in 003 was losing to TR's Pokemon then it would have lost to Raichu( it had hard time so Ash replaced him) which belongs to gym leader that replaced Surge, it lost to Grapploct.
Pikachu only showed his 'true' power in Leon's battle.And it will regain his power when he battles Leon or other E4.

Status
Not open for further replies.