• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 1st: SM60 - Lilie is Soaring Through the Air! The PokéSled Jump Tournament!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Well at the very least at least this won't be a damn filler even if it's just Hala who gets an upgrade. I'll take anything at this point lol.

kickachu

Momentai!
Question what might the prize be for the race besides pokemon food and vitamins and will snowy learn a new move?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Question what might the prize be for the race besides pokemon food and vitamins and will snowy learn a new move?

Maybe a year's supply of sleds? Pretty sure in the previous competitions they had a year's supply of pancakes and a year's supply of Charjabug merchandise.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
*Sees Sky Trainer in preview*
...Now what are those doing here? This is Alola, not Kalos.

In all seriousness, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that Hala will appear here with a Crabominable even though I didn't expect it (of course I am aware that Hala's appearance was known for a couple of days, I wasn't aware that it was known prior to the preview being shown tbph). Even if we don't see the evolution on-screen, I'm sure Hala will certainly mention it.

johno1995

So from the preview, I guess Lillie gets inspired somewhere and wins the race. Ash seems to be the joke of the episode, with Pikachu shocking him during every race. Hopefully, they don't go overboard with it.

I only saw him get shocked once, where do you think it will be a recurring joke? If it is, it might be a good way to twist the gag by having Pikachu shock Ash's way to victory. Like, the shocking gives them a speed boost and Ash, after spending the episode as the Butt Monkey, actually wins? Honestly, though they probably won't go that route and he'll just be a loser. I hope to see either Ash win as an underdog, or Lillie takes focus and wins this race. Komala winning the Pancake Race was a nice surprise, but I'd like to see someone relevant win one of these competitions for once.

On the topic of Shiron evolving, I don't see it happening unless it's very late in the saga, a la May's Combusken into Blaziken.

ShadowForce720

It's probably sleeping in Ash's backpack or is sleeping somewhere nearby.

um, I take it you haven't seen the preview yet because in the preview for the episode when it shows Litten lying in the snow while Alolan Marowak is sitting in the snow with it using it's bone as a torch, it also clearly shows Rowlet perch down in the snow with them.

nickdt

So Hala is participating. The winner is known (Hala will pull off a Samson).

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So Hala is participating. The winner is known (Hala will pull off a Samson).

Not too soon. We can't be sure who's going to win at the moment and there's a chance Lillie could win because of Ash, Kiawe and Sophocles's win in the Charjabug race.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm glad that Hala's participating in the sled race, and I'm eager to see Lilie and Shiron in action even if this competition may not lead to much progress. Garagara trying to keep warm amuses me.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Finally after 46 episodes it finally learns a new move. lol :) and the new move it learned is Aurora Veil the move that is completely useless without Hail. lol:)

Hmm I wonder if there going to being the way Aurora Veil works so that it can work outside of a Hailstorm, otherwise in order for Snowy to be able to use that move it would have to have the ability Snow Warning or the move Hail or have a Pokemon on the same team as it that has the ability Snow Warning or the move Hail.

Maybe it'll mean that Lillie is going to catch that Alolan Sandshrew soon for Snowy to be able to use that move. It's not like Ash needs to catch it anyways since Litten is evolving soon.

Vipsoccermaster

Great to see Snowy finally getting a new move in the episode. It seems that only Lillie from the main cast is participating. Doesn't look like Ash, Lana, Kiawe, Sophocles, and Mallow are participating in the tournament. Even if they're aren't, there's Sara and Hala as worthy opponents Lillie has to compete with.

ShadowForce720

Maybe it'll mean that Lillie is going to catch that Alolan Sandshrew soon for Snowy to be able to use that move. It's not like Ash needs to catch it anyways since Litten is evolving soon.

Just because Ash's Litten is evolving soon doesn't mean that he doesn't need to catch something nor would it prevent him from getting a Alolan Sandshrew, also it's been about 39 episodes since he got his last capture so he is overdue for a new capture soon, heck I wouldn't be that surprised if he gets two capture this year. Also just because Snowy learned Aurora Veil doesn't mean that Lillie is going to get a Alolan Sandshrew as it's not like Alolan Sandshrew has the Snow Warning ability and there are a lot of Pokemon that can learn Hail besides Alolan Sandshrew like Pyukumuku for example.

So I wouldn't say that Snowy having Aurora Veil means that Lillie is getting a Alolan Sandshrew, as it's still possible that Ash could get an Alolan Sandshrew.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Aurora Veil is an interesting move for Snowy. I like how we're getting a more defensive move. Maybe we'll someday get a battle with Lillie and she'll show off some kind of defensive battling style.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Interesting that they chose to give Snowy Aurora Veil out of other moves possible. I'd have thought Snowy would learn something like Ice Beam or Blizzard, as a natural upgrade from Powder Snow.

Honestly, I don't see the point of learning Aurora Veil, given that Snowy doesn't have Snow Warning as an ability, and I doubt anyone's going to catch a Pokémon with the Snow Warning ability (unless they plan to specially teach Snowy Hail).

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
Funny how one day later, and this would have aired exactly a year after the pancake race episode. Meaning Snowy will also be learning it's second move almost exactly a year later.

Vipsoccermaster

Funny how one day later, and this would have aired exactly a year after the pancake race episode. Meaning Snowy will also be learning it's second move almost exactly a year later.
Technically, Snowy wasn't caught by Lillie until the episode after the pancake race, and same for Snowy's first move. Snowy hatched in SM13, Lillie caught Snowy in SM14. So technically, you're off by a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.