• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 1st: SM60 - Lilie is Soaring Through the Air! The PokéSled Jump Tournament!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatsRight

Interesting that they chose to give Snowy Aurora Veil out of other moves possible. I'd have thought Snowy would learn something like Ice Beam or Blizzard, as a natural upgrade from Powder Snow.

Honestly, I don't see the point of learning Aurora Veil, given that Snowy doesn't have Snow Warning as an ability, and I doubt anyone's going to catch a Pokémon with the Snow Warning ability (unless they plan to specially teach Snowy Hail).

Has it been confirmed Snowy doesn't have Snow Warning? I don't think it's ability has even been pointed out, and it would make sense if it worked differently and more conditionally in the anime.

Unless Snowy gets another arc learning Hail I admit it would seem a bit pointless otherwise. It's not like there's many other points it can take advantage of Aurora Veil in Alola.

But hey, at least she's getting SOME sort of upgrade at last, and if Snowy does get Hail or Snow Warning somewhere along the line, this is a decent status move that compliments Lillie's more methodical battle style (I like anything that points to the main Pokegirl being more than a spammer).

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Has it been confirmed Snowy doesn't have Snow Warning? I don't think it's ability has even been pointed out, and it would make sense if it worked differently and more conditionally in the anime.

Unless Snowy gets another arc learning Hail I admit it would seem a bit pointless otherwise. It's not like there's many other points it can take advantage of Aurora Veil in Alola. But hey, at least she's getting SOME sort of upgrade at last.

Lillie's Alolan Vulpix's ability hasn't been pointed out in the anime yet, however in July of last year over in Japan they distributed a Alolan Vulpix that was based on Lillie's Alolan Vulpix from the anime and came with the ability Snow Cloak, so I don't know if it's a case of if they didn't know what Snowy's ability was and just assumed it was Snow Cloak and just went with it because it was the default ability or if they talked to people that worked on the anime who knew about which ability Snowy had and told them it was Snow Cloak.

If I had to guess I think Snow Warning works similar to the Tapus abilities in that they activate when a battle starts although I don't know if it's something that Snowy can choose to activate or not.

DatsRight

Lillie's Alolan Vulpix's ability hasn't been pointed out in the anime yet, however in July of last year over in Japan they distributed a Alolan Vulpix that was based on Lillie's Alolan Vulpix from the anime and came with the ability Snow Cloak, so I don't know if it's a case of if they didn't know what Snowy's ability was and just assumed it was Snow Cloak and just went with it because it was the default ability or if they talked to people that worked on the anime who knew about which ability Snowy had and told them it was Snow Cloak.

If I had to guess I think Snow Warning works similar to the Tapus abilities in that they activate when a battle starts although I don't know if it's something that Snowy can choose to activate or not.

They seemed to have some knowledge in advance with those, since they seemed to have correctly guessed Snowy and Turtonator's genders. Granted the move sets weren't updated accordingly (though in fairness that could have added spoilers in some cases). A shame they didn't go with that really, even without giving more potential to the anime, a Mystery Gift Vulpix with nothing but Powder Snow might have been more remarkable with it's hidden ability.

Snowy training for Hail could be an entertaining episode though, I'd like to see Lillie focus on that actually.

uber gon

Accept Change
Riding a Kangaskhan, but getting the baby out. I want to know how a little child trainer managed something like that.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

in BW and in XYZ, the ability activated as soon as the pokemon (abomasnow) were on the battlefield. I think it's safe to say Snowy would have activated it during the battle against Misty or against the Jangmo-o, if Snowy had the ability. Do pokemon sometimes switch abilities upon evolving though is another question.

Status
Not open for further replies.