• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 1st: SM60 - Lilie is Soaring Through the Air! The PokéSled Jump Tournament!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AssualtVestPyukumuku

Also things I've noticed the second time watching this:
-Alola Ninetales looks to be using Aurora Veil
-Sky Trainers are back!
-Both Lillie & Shiron look admirably at Sara & Ninetales. Potential foreshadowing?
-

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
And as expected, Crabominable debuts here. Also, as I and most have predicted before, that Sara has an Alolan Ninetales, so there's that debut as well. Never really thought Snowy would evolve anyway since it's quite marketable.

So from the preview, I guess Lillie gets inspired somewhere and wins the race. Ash seems to be the joke of the episode, with Pikachu shocking him during every race. Hopefully, they don't go overboard with it. Also, Mallow, Lana and Sophocles are cheering in the stands, so I guess not everyone is participating, or they got knocked out early.

How does this prevent Shiron from evolving in any way? Other people have debuted evolutions before Ash got his (Bayleef, Frogadier, etc.)

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Go Lillie and Shiron!!!!!!!!

I'm happy seeing Jessie and Mimikyu sledding together. That'll add some tension to the race. I hope they don't get disqualified again.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
How does this prevent Shiron from evolving in any way? Other people have debuted evolutions before Ash got his (Bayleef, Frogadier, etc.)

Not saying it's ruled out for sure, but I personally feel that Snowy won't evolve given that it seems to be very popular right now in terms of merchandise and stuff.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Yeah, I'm definitely leaning towards the Vulpix won't evolve team. Vulpix can still learn Fairy moves so it isn't necessary for her to fully evolve, they could just teach Vulpix Moonblast if they wanted.

I'm hoping Hala takes home the win if Ash and the TRio can't. I don't want some COTD winning and Hala could really use some spotlight given he was quickly tossed to the curb until recently.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Alolan Ninetails! At least, the debut of my favorite Alolan form Pokémon! The scene of Shiron interacting with Alolan Ninetails looked adorable; I can't wait to see that fleshed out more. Also, I'm not at all surprised that this is the debut of Crabominable. The moment Hala appeared in the voice cast list, I expected he would debut Crabominable.

And as expected, Crabominable debuts here. Also, as I and most have predicted before, that Sara has an Alolan Ninetales, so there's that debut as well. Never really thought Snowy would evolve anyway since it's quite marketable.
Personally, I think it's a bit early to completely rule out Shiron evolving, even if Alolan Vulpix is more marketable than Alolan Ninetails. For all we know, Sara and her Ninetails could inspire Lillie and Shiron, and Shiron might decide it one day wants to evolve.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Id rather Lillie got a z ring over Snowy evolving atm
Why would Ash, Hala, and Kiawe participate in the first place if the prize was a Z-Ring? They'd have no reason to since they all have Z-Rings. The prize is probably something similar to the Charjabug race episode.

Btw, was I the only one reminded of Lana and I'a from SM40 with Lillie and Sara? I dunno, they both seemed to serve similar mentor roles, and both have evolutions of their sigs that are. Hardly anybody thinks I'a having a Brionne rules out Popplio evolving, why should this be any different? Although granted, there at least have been some hints toward Popplio evolving like the PokeProblem segment of that episode and the probable foreshadowing of it learning Sing when it would be far easier to just fill out its moveset with generic moves that we've seen on past Water types (Hydro Pump, Icy Wind/Ice Beam, etc.). There has been no such hints with Shiron.

Also, from my observation, if someone else debuts the evolution of a Pokemon before a main character does, it's usually only when said evolution is a jerk or a rival to the main character's NFE Pokemon that the latter doesn't evolve. Sara's Alolan Ninetales is clearly not a jerk, and who knows, maybe Sara and her Ninetales will have an impact on Lillie and Shiron just as I'a and her Brionne did on Lana and Popplio.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Why would Ash, Hala, and Kiawe participate in the first place if the prize was a Z-Ring? They'd have no reason to since they all have Z-Rings. The prize is probably something similar to the Charjabug race episode.

Btw, was I the only one reminded of Lana and I'a from SM40 with Lillie and Sara? I dunno, they both seemed to serve similar mentor roles, and both have evolutions of their sigs that are. Hardly anybody thinks I'a having a Brionne rules out Popplio evolving, why should this be any different? Although granted, there at least have been some hints toward Popplio evolving like the PokeProblem segment of that episode and the probable foreshadowing of it learning Sing when it would be far easier to just fill out its moveset with generic moves that we've seen on past Water types (Hydro Pump, Icy Wind/Ice Beam, etc.). There has been no such hints with Shiron.

Also, from my observation, if someone else debuts the evolution of a Pokemon before a main character does, it's usually only when said evolution is a jerk or a rival to the main character's NFE Pokemon that the latter doesn't evolve. Sara's Alolan Ninetales is clearly not a jerk, and who knows, maybe Sara and her Ninetales will have an impact on Lillie and Shiron just as I'a and her Brionne did on Lana and Popplio.

I didn't mean for this specific episode; I'd rather see Snowy and Lillie bond more and for Snowy to learn a new move before she evolves in this episode and I also want her to get a z ring soon and to challenge an island trial.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

No, you're not the only one who was reminded of Lana and I'a with Lillie and Sara. :) It's kind of hard to tell from the preview whether Sara will serve as a mentor to Lillie the way I'a served as a mentor to Lana, but I can definitely see it happening, especially since Sara has an Alolan Ninetails who is seen interacting with Lillie's Shiron, and Lillie and Sara are shown talking to each other (or, rather, Sara is talking while Lillie is admiring).

I don't think a CotD having an Alolan Ninetails means that Shiron won't evolve. If evolving turns out to be a natural next step in Shiron's (and Lillie's) progression, then unless Shiron explicitly expresses a desire to not evolve, then I don't see why it shouldn't evolve.

Evanibble

I'm surprised to see Hala here, but it makes sense when I think about it. Evolving or not in this episode, at least we'll finally get to see crabominable in action.

Also if he was at his best and Ash 2-0'd him, you'd think that maybe it's a foreshadowing to Ash doing really well in a potential future Alola League, maybe even making it to the Champion's League? (one can hope)

This feels like it'll be a Lillie-focused episode, at least more than anyone else, which is great. I'd like to see Snowy learn something new, as i'm sure most other people do, and I think this would be a good time to do, since she's also meeting her evolution.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Exactly what I was hoping for with Hala, although evolution on screen is always more exciting, him already having Crabominable means he would have experience with him already. Here's to hoping that Olivia shows up soon with a new teammate.

Also I'm curious if that was Hala's mankey that was in the preview.

Vipsoccermaster

Heh, so Hala is competing. Would like to see how well he does in this tournament. It's also great to see a few new Pokémon debuts for this episode, as well. Crabominable and Alolan Ninetales. Liked that moment between Alolan Vulpix and Alolan Ninetales together. Definitely shows that Alolan Ninetales, like Ida's Brionne, is not a jerk.

I'm super intrigued by this episode based on the preview. I hope we actually see Hala evolve his Crabrawler and he doesn't just show up with Crabominable and mention its evolution in passing. It reminds of May meeting up with Ash and co. in Sinnoh and mentioning that she arrived in the region early to go evolve her Eevee. My hope is that Hala ventures to Ula'ula with the group and we see the evolution firsthand.

I'm also intrigued to see the relationship between Sara and Lillie. I enjoyed the interactions between Lana and her mentor, so I'm looking forward to his. I'a can reappear on Poni Island, and this would leave Sara to reappear on Mount Lanakila if they come back for the newly-established league later.

ShadowForce720

Heh, so Hala is competing. Would like to see how well he does in this tournament. It's also great to see a few new Pokémon debuts for this episode, as well. Crabominable and Alolan Ninetales. Liked that moment between Alolan Vulpix and Alolan Ninetales together. Definitely shows that Alolan Ninetales, like Ida's Brionne, is not a jerk.

Something interesting to note is that this is the 2nd Ninetales overall to interact with Lillie's Alolan Vulpix, the first being the Kantonian Ninetales back in Kanto, so when this episode airs it will mean that the writers have gone out of there way to show Lillie's Alolan Vulpix interacting with both a Kantonian Ninetales and a Alolan Ninetales.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
I hope so. It needs to develop and battle more and this would be the perfect episode for that to happen imo
I'm hoping Shiron at the very least learns new move here somehow, maybe during the tournament in which it would help Lillie win. It just feels like that Lillie's development with Shiron has stalled and nothing really significant has happened for these two in quite some time, so something is needed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.