• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 22nd: SM63 - Burn with Passion, Nyabby! Down with Gaogaen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Satoshi and the others have gone to the Battle Royal venue. There, Satoshi decides to challenge the greatest Battle Royal fighter of them all, Royal Mask, with his Nyabby!!

-----

Satoshi got really excited when he watched a "Battle Royal", the Alola region's traditional four-way battle, on TV. He goes to the venue, wanting to participate in one himself, and goes up against the masked Trainer Royal Mask, who prides himself on being undefeated, with his Nyabby!

-----

After watching the traditional Alolan four-way battle "Battle Royal" on TV, Satoshi decided he wanted to participate in one and went to the venue. He ends up challenging Royal Mask, who is undefeated in Battle Royals. Which of them will win the battle?!

-----

After watching the traditional Alolan four-way battle "Battle Royal" on TV, Satoshi heads to the venue, wanting to participate in a battle. There, Satoshi and his Nyabby end up fighting Royal Mask, who prides himself on being undefeated in Battle Royals.

-----

https://i.imgur.com/4P7qiaS.jpg

In the Alola region, they hold "Battle Royal" competitions where four masters' Pokémon freely fight each other. After watching one of these matches on TV, Satoshi heads to the venue, wanting to participate in one himself. After registering, Satoshi ends up in the same group as the undefeated Royal Mask. He goes up against the Royal Mask's Gaogaen with Nyabby.

-----

Satoshi wants to participate in the traditional Alolan four-way battle "Battle Royal". After visiting the venue, he ends up going up against Royal Mask, who is undefeated in Battle Royals, with his Nyabby.

Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Storyboard 関野昌弘 (Masahiro Sekino)
Episode Director 関野昌弘 (Masahiro Sekino)
Animation Director 田島瑞穂 (Mizuho Tajima)
Animation Director 安田周平 (Shuhei Yasuda)

Last edited:

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Yep, this is Litten's evolution episode.
Royal Mask having Incineroar in the anime, so my prediction came true. lol

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Satoshi and the others have gone to the Battle Royal venue. There, Satoshi decides to challenge the greatest Battle Royal fighter of them all, Royal Mask, with his Nyabby!!
At last, the debut of Professor Kukui's alter ego the Masked Royal! I'm definitely looking forward to this episode. :D This will be the main series debut of Incineroar, too (which means Kukui has been hiding more than just his Braviary). And this is probably the episode where Litten evolves. The cat's passion burns so brightly that it evolves into an even bigger cat!

Is it wrong that I feel a little triumphant that my prediction that Ash and his friends might return to Akala Island turned out to be true? That is, of course, assuming the Battle Royal is on Akala Island, and that it hasn't been moved to another island.

Vipsoccermaster

Yeah, sounds like Litten will evolve in this episode, into Torracat. Also, Royal Mask. It can be none other than Professor Kukui.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Well of course the wrestler would have the wrestler Pokemon. Can't believe the thought never crossed my mind.

Still glad to see the Masked Royal will finally appear after his mention some number of episodes ago.

Will he and Kukui meet? Because as we all know, they're totally different people.

Last edited:

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Yes! I've been waiting for this episode, to see if Ash would get to go to the Battle Royal venue and also see the Masked Royal in action!

It would nice to see a couple other classmates get involved in a battle while they're there as well. :)

Red and Blue

I really hope Kukui has a good reason for hiding his Pokemon for this long.

SinnohEevee

I bet that even if everyone recognizes his identity, Ash's Ability Oblivious will mean he won't. :p
I hope Gladion and Hau show up.

ShadowForce720

I bet that even if everyone recognizes his identity, Ash's Ability Oblivious will mean he won't. :p
I hope Gladion and Hau show up.

Gladion might, but as far as Hau showing up I wouldn't count on that if anything I expect Kiawe or one of the other main characters to take Hau's place.

xEryChan

Demon Child
The real question here is Ash going to realize that Professor Kukui is the Masked Royal or won't he? We all know how terrible he is at seeing through all of Team Rocket’s disguises after how many seasons?

Honestly, I’m really looking forward to this episode. I’ve been really looking forward to seeing Ash’s reaction to the Battle Royale and for him to see and meet the Maksed Royal in action. Also, it looks like Litten might evolve into Torracat in this episode. I’m definitely looking forward to that, a lot.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It'd be funny if Ash is the one that recognizes Kukui, while everyone else is clueless. Should be interesting either way.

xEryChan

Demon Child
It'd be funny if Ash is the one that recognizes Kukui, while everyone else is clueless. Should be interesting either way.

Is it gonna be Blaziken Mask all over again where someone is aware of the Masked Royal’s true identity while everyone else is oblivious? Stay tuned!

Honestly, if Ash is able to recognize Kukui after twenty someodd years of not seeing through Team Rocket’s disguises, I will be one hundred percent done ahaha

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Woahhh.. definitely the litten evolution episode. And professor kukui has a role to play here. Looking forward to it.

Ooh, this will probably be Litten's evolution episode! I'm gonna guess it'll be Litten vs. Incineroar and then Litten evolves mid-battle. I also wonder which classmates will catch on first that Masked Royal is Kukui (pretty sure it won't be Ash haha).

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
So Litten should be evolving here. Interesting that K̶u̶k̶u̶i̶ Masked Royal has Incineroar. Actually, it might even be possible that Incineroar shows off Malicious Moonsault this episode (with the whole wrestling theme), and if Litten / Torracat beats Incineroar, it's even possible that Ash won't get Incineroar, or, Torracat loses, and gets inspired to evolve into Incineroar. I'm expecting no one to recognize who the Masked Royal is.

I wonder if the Battle Royal is in Akala, or they moved it to be somewhere else. Also, if Hau has to appear in the anime, this would be a great opportunity for him to do so, though I don't think the changes are high.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
And Litten gets stuck as a Torracat, Tepig-style.

Eh.

Anyways, nice to see both debut soon.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Hopefully Kukui having Incineroar means Ash 'chose Rowlet as the PC' and evolves it up to Decidueye.

Keep Torracat as a cute little Torracat, I love Incineroar but Ash has far too many humanoid aces.

Status
Not open for further replies.