• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 22nd: SM63 - Burn with Passion, Nyabby! Down with Gaogaen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
So this means there's a good chance for Rowlet to evolve into Decidueye...

ShadowForce720

No because litten is being portrayed as his "main" starter due to him evolving and fighting incineroar instead of rowlett

It doesn't matter if Litten is the "main" starter or not as that isn't going to have any impact on whether or not Rowlet will evolve, especially given the fact that even though Chimchar became Ash's main starter in Sinnoh once he got it, it didn't prevent Turtwig from evolving once let alone prevent from fully evolving.

Rohanator

Actually, rather than the Incineroar itself we should probably pay more attention to whether it uses Malicious Moonsault in this episode or not. It'd make sense since it's a wrestling move, but it's pretty much the coolest, most unique thing that an Incineroar could do so if Ash does get one his will just seem lame in comparison, like even if he too gets to use Malicious Moonsault its not new or exciting anymore. But if Kukui's DOESN't use it then they're clearly saving it for a more important moment, like one of Ash's battles, and his cat will go most likely go all the way.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I don't even think Kukui's Incineroar using Malicious Moonsault would rule out Litten fully evolving as they could easily just have an arc involving Ash's Incineroar mastering it abd training with Kukui's.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Well the only shot Torracat has of beating Incineroar is by learning Double Kick. I mean Scratch and Ember clearly aren't gonna do anything. Maybe even give him Flamethrower as an update to Ember. Sure it won't do much but it's stronger at least.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Moveset aside, maybe they can emphasize and use Torracat's speed as an advantage over Incineroar (since Torracat is actually faster than Incineroar in terms of stats). I know the anime rarely cares about game BST, but I think it would be an interesting way to have Torracat beat Incineroar if they really want to.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Moveset aside, maybe they can emphasize and use Torracat's speed as an advantage over Incineroar (since Torracat is actually faster than Incineroar in terms of stats). I know the anime rarely cares about game BST, but I think it would be an interesting way to have Torracat beat Incineroar if they really want to.

Thinking about that, I could as well see a newly evolved Torracat learn Flame Charge for that purpose like Fletchinder/Talonflame.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Thinking about that, I could as well see a newly evolved Torracat learn Flame Charge for that purpose like Fletchinder/Talonflame.

Honestly that's too similar to Talonflame too soon, plus Flame Charge still isn't gonna hit hard enough. He needs a move that will actually do damage and Double Kick is his best shot. His only move right now that will do neutral damage is Scratch.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Honestly that's too similar to Talonflame too soon, plus Flame Charge still isn't gonna hit hard enough. He needs a move that will actually do damage and Double Kick is his best shot. His only move right now that will do neutral damage is Scratch.

Agreed, I hope its moveset will be Fire Fang, Ember, Double Kick, Bite after this episode. Than they could alter Ember to Flamethrower and Bite to something else, like Leech Life for example.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Well the only shot Torracat has of beating Incineroar is by learning Double Kick. I mean Scratch and Ember clearly aren't gonna do anything. Maybe even give him Flamethrower as an update to Ember. Sure it won't do much but it's stronger at least.

If Rockruff's Rock Throw can KO Olivia's Midday Lycanroc, then surely Litten as Torracat can beat Incineroar with its current moveset.

Type advantage and resistance isn't everything in this anime.

Rajas

If Royal Mask is kept as Kukui, anyone wondering where the hell his Pokemon are? That Ash never sees any of them.

Red and Blue

If Royal Mask is kept as Kukui, anyone wondering where the hell his Pokemon are? That Ash never sees any of them.
Probably in Poke Balls he keeps hidden. Though how they can go so long without food and water is anyone's guess.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
If Rockruff's Rock Throw can KO Olivia's Midday Lycanroc, then surely Litten as Torracat can beat Incineroar with its current moveset.

Type advantage and resistance isn't everything in this anime.

don't forget lycanroc had already used continental crush, and it's been established that z moves greatly exhaust the pokemon who used them

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
As james's carnivine survive in a pokeball for years.

That one was at one of his summer homes, so it was probably taken care of by butlers and maids and such.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
New summary and staff list:

Satoshi got really excited when he watched a "Battle Royal", the Alola region's traditional four-way battle, on TV. He goes to the venue, wanting to participate in one himself, and goes up against the masked Trainer Royal Mask, who prides himself on being undefeated, with his Nyabby!

Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Storyboard 関野昌弘 (Masahiro Sekino)
Episode Director 関野昌弘 (Masahiro Sekino)
Animation Director 田島瑞穂 (Mizuho Tajima)
Animation Director 安田周平 (Shuhei Yasuda)

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Satoshi got really excited when he watched a "Battle Royal", the Alola region's traditional four-way battle, on TV. He goes to the venue, wanting to participate in one himself, and goes up against the masked Trainer Royal Mask, who prides himself on being undefeated, with his Nyabby!
That line right there reminds me of the classic shounen anime setup: a strong opponent who prides himself being undefeated is, in the end, defeated by the (often seemingly weak) protagonist. I'm not saying Ash and his Litten will defeat the Masked Royal and his Incineroar, but I'm not ruling out the possibility, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.