• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 22nd: SM63 - Burn with Passion, Nyabby! Down with Gaogaen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I hope Sophocles gets creamed........I don't like him.

I am still hoping that Litten evolves, which looks like it arguably speaking, and defeats Incineroar because A. I don't like Incineroar and B. Litten is one of the VERY few Pokemon of Ash's that I don't want to fully evolve

BlueDragonfangirl

I don't get why Ash can't just enter one tournament without his class of friends following him around. Can't he do one thing without any of them in it? Why are the girls sitting this thing out?

DatsRight

Yeah it did bother me a little bit that it was just the biys battling while the girls stood on the sidelines and watched, but eh. Kiawe battling isn't surprising, and we never get to see Soph battling, so I'm not complaining.

I just hope the anime doesn't contimue with the whole "girls can't/ shouldn't battle" stereotype.

Well in fairness they gave Lana this generation's power up before Sophocles, and Lillie is gaining something of a battle style with Snowy.

I'm tempted to think they want Chajabug to do something leading up to Ula Ula where it will likely evolve.

The thing is that nearly everyone but Ash and Kaiwe are rookies at this point, so of course their battle experience is minimal.

Last edited:

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Forcing comedy? The Masked Royal is comic relief in game. And being a pro wrestling spoof, he's almost certain to ham it up.

Silly, of course I'm not talking about Masked Royal. It's about Ash and the other main characters. Wish we weren't forced to sit through jokes in every ep.

Rajas

I really do hope they at least show us some explanation at where Kukui's Pokemon are tbh. It just doesn't make sense that he's a powerhouse and his Pokemon are never seen. It made sense in the games but not here.

Evanibble

I really do hope they at least show us some explanation at where Kukui's Pokemon are tbh. It just doesn't make sense that he's a powerhouse and his Pokemon are never seen. It made sense in the games but not here.

I'd wager they're with his mother in Pallet Town, and he just calls upon them whenever he needs to.

Anyway, the people participating in the Battle Royale make a lot of sense, but I agree it would be nice to, y'know, see Lana or Lillie participate in a battle. I can imagine that we'll see more of them, though, in future UB battles...but that's a discussion for another thread, and not this one.

DatsRight

I do notice that they conveniently kept Kukui out of any situations where him revealing his Pokemon and battling would have been logical up until the Kommo-o lair. And from the second episode we knew Kukui had Pokemon just he didn't get to show them because Tapu Koko interrupted his intended battle.

That said I would like it if his Pokemon got some spotlight. They could add to his eccentric teachings. (I can understand him hiding Incineroar for the time being though).

Concerning the other students, I guess it's just a case of current potential. I've noticed Ash and Kaiwe's teams getting used more often in Season Two besides skill boost instances, though I think it's not just a case of power level, but the number of abilities and quirks they can put into anything right now, while the others are still limited to a couple basic type based moves so are stuck in 'Aquaman' roles where they can only help in their element. Check out last episode, a large helping of Ash and Kaiwe's Pokemon got to help out against TR in some amusing way, meanwhile the girls were stuck in the background helpless and while Sophocles' Togedemaru helped, it was largely because A Meowth randomly had an electric attack. The girls and Sophocles need some divergent skill boosts.

Kaiwe makes sense being another battler in this episode, while Sophocles is probably the one who next needs to get experience if Ula Ula is coming up. Charjabug has potential to expand after all, it can dig and use String Shot already and in a Fire dominant battle royal it's already trying outside it's element.

Last edited:

Rajas

I'd wager they're with his mother in Pallet Town, and he just calls upon them whenever he needs to.

Anyway, the people participating in the Battle Royale make a lot of sense, but I agree it would be nice to, y'know, see Lana or Lillie participate in a battle. I can imagine that we'll see more of them, though, in future UB battles...but that's a discussion for another thread, and not this one.

Kukui's mother is in Pallet Town?

I do notice that they conveniently kept Kukui out of any situations where him revealing his Pokemon and battling would have been logical up until the Kommo-o lair. And from the second episode we knew Kukui had Pokemon just he didn't get to show them because Tapu Koko interrupted his intended battle.

That said I would like it if his Pokemon got some spotlight. They could add to his eccentric teachings. (I can understand him hiding Incineroar for the time being though).

Concerning the other students, I guess it's just a case of current potential. I've noticed Ash and Kaiwe's teams getting used more often in Season Two besides skill boost instances, though I think it's not just a case of power level, but the number of abilities and quirks they can put into anything right now, while the others are still limited to a couple basic type based moves so are stuck in 'Aquaman' roles where they can only help in their element. Check out last episode, a large helping of Ash and Kaiwe's Pokemon got to help out against TR in some amusing way, meanwhile the girls were stuck in the background helpless and while Sophocles helped, it was largely because A Meowth randomly had an electric attack.

Kaiwe makes sense being another battler in this episode, while Sophocles is probably the one who next needs to get experience if Ula Ula is coming up. Charjabug has potential to expand after all, it can dig and use String Shot already and in a Fire dominant battle royal it's already trying outside it's element.

My issue with him 'hiding' his Pokemon is that Ash lives with him so it's not feasible like in the games where you aren't with Kukui nearly 24/7 that him keeping his Pokemon in poke balls just seems wrong for a professor. It also doesn't help imo that SM so far has shown itself as a region where the Pokemon remain out their poke balls most of the time. Especially with powerhouses such as his.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
My issue with him 'hiding' his Pokemon is that Ash lives with him so it's not feasible like in the games where you aren't with Kukui nearly 24/7 that him keeping his Pokemon in poke balls just seems wrong for a professor. It also doesn't help imo that SM so far has shown itself as a region where the Pokemon remain out their poke balls most of the time. Especially with powerhouses such as his.
They could be at his research lab. That's the only place Ash doesn't visit.

STICKTOPIA

Will this be like the last saga where Meyer father was Blaziken mask and they won't find out until the end of this saga? That would be very interesting. And him having Incineroar makes it 10 times cooler. This is an episode that I'm looking very forward to seeing. I hope Litten is evolving when the flames surround it.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Oh, hey. Maybe Masked Royal will also hand out Incinium and Decidium Z Crystals. After all, he does that right before the first Aether visit in game (iirc) or maybe it was right before the big infiltration of Aether. And maybe Primarium Z will get name dropped since Lana isn't in focus this episode but does have a starter.

Rajas

They could be at his research lab. That's the only place Ash doesn't visit.

Isn't his research lab right in his house? That's where we've seen him do all his work and even when Burnet and Lusamine visited as well. The only thing we've never seen is trainers actually being given a starter in Alola which in itself does leave me wondering if that is a thing there.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Isn't his research lab right in his house? That's where we've seen him do all his work and even when Burnet and Lusamine visited as well. The only thing we've never seen is trainers actually being given a starter in Alola which in itself does leave me wondering if that is a thing there.
I'm skeptical about his research lab being literally right next to his house. As for trainers getting their starter Pokémon in Alola, it actually might not be a thing. Look at Ash, he caught his Pokémon in vastly different ways. Also Mallow who met Bounsweet in the forest, Lana who saved Popplio from Team Skull grunts, Sophocles who... I don't know, was given Togedemaru as a night light?, Lillie who received Shiron as a classroom egg, and Kiawe who were raised with the Pokémon with him. We've yet to see another trainer with a starter Pokémon aside from I'a.

desdar300

In the games Kukui's lab is actually in his house and oddly enough it's Hala that gives the player their starter

Rajas

I'm skeptical about his research lab being literally right next to his house. As for trainers getting their starter Pokémon in Alola, it actually might not be a thing. Look at Ash, he caught his Pokémon in vastly different ways. Also Mallow who met Bounsweet in the forest, Lana who saved Popplio from Team Skull grunts, Sophocles who... I don't know, was given Togedemaru as a night light?, Lillie who received Shiron as a classroom egg, and Kiawe who were raised with the Pokémon with him. We've yet to see another trainer with a starter Pokémon aside from I'a.

Well that's my issue, all Kukui's research is shown to be inside his house in the basement area so I assume that's his lab and because there doesn't seem to be a need for trainers to be given starters in Alola, you'd think Kukui would have his Pokemon out like the rest.

In the games Kukui's lab is actually in his house and oddly enough it's Hala that gives the player their starter

Yeah I recall that tbh, does make you wonder what happens if a trainer in Alola wants to catch a 7th Pokemon.

ShadowForce720

Well that's my issue, all Kukui's research is shown to be inside his house in the basement area so I assume that's his lab and because there doesn't seem to be a need for trainers to be given starters in Alola, you'd think Kukui would have his Pokemon out like the rest.

Yeah I recall that tbh, does make you wonder what happens if a trainer in Alola wants to catch a 7th Pokemon.

Actually that's not his lab in the anime, the evidence for his lab being in a separate location from his house is in episode 6 when he tells Ash that he can't go take him to the mall because they need him at the lab, and then he leaves the house, so why would he leave the house to go to his lab if it's in his house, and plus that line about being needed in the lab implies that there are other people he works with and we clearly never see them in his house, so it's safe to say that the basement area in his house in the anime isn't his lab or at the very least it's not his main lab.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Are the two not the same individual? And yeah, girls should enter competitions more often, however, it makes sense for the boys to do it since they're all in the wrestling ring. The girls aren't capable, nor are they strong enough to be in a ring. Sounds dangerous for girls to compete in this one, however, I do agree with the order of the girls you listed if they were to compete.
tbh, lana is way more capable than sophocles

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Status
Not open for further replies.