• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 23rd: PM2019 014: The First Visit to the Isshu Region! Raid Battle at the Ruins!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

Sounds about right.

Satoshi getting Hitomoshi directly after getting a Dynaband would seem...like a lot? Especially since he hasn’t really done anything with Kairyu he just got recently. I just don’t see why people want Satoshi to catch a bunch of Pokémon in quick succession just to dump in Sakuragi Park instead of maybe giving some proper focus and achievements. Go is only getting Pokémon every episode because of his role, they don’t need training or battle time because his goal isn’t based around battling but Satoshi getting Pokémon and not using them or interacting with them on an episode basis feel off. That Kairyu saved his life and he had a heartfelt episode where he helped it evolve and learn how to fly. It should have gotten a secondary episode right after and some established moves(one thing I miss about previous series captures.)

The rate at which Ash catch his pokemon has practically never really been impacted by if the pokemon he currently has caught have done something. Also both his captures of his Starly and Pidove he hardly really interacted with them before he caught them. Honestly it looks like there is a little bit of interaction between him and Litwick, we don't really know how much because the preview doesn't go into it, however Ash could easily catch that Litwick and then develop it in further episodes. Also may I point out where only 13 going on 14 episodes into the series and it's only been about 3-4 episodes since it's capture there is still plenty of time time for it to get development and battle. Along with the Litwick getting some focus, heck for all we know that Litwick seen could be a bit longer then people are thinking.'

Also back during SM Ash got a Z-ring and 2 Z-crystals and 3 captures all with the first 21 episodes of the series, so I don't think Ash getting a Litwick right after getting the Dynaband would be that problematic. Sure Ash might not get Litwick, however it is possible that he could get it considering he seems to be the one reacting to seeing it. Plus may I point out that before episode 10 some people were positive that Ash would not get a past gen pokemon like Dragonite that didn't have any connection the current generation and some were also positive that Ash would do the gym challenge and instead were getting the whole Tournament with the ranks. So I really don't think Ash getting Litwick this episode is such a ridiculous idea.

game3524

Sounds about right.

Satoshi getting Hitomoshi directly after getting a Dynaband would seem...like a lot? Especially since he hasn’t really done anything with Kairyu he just got recently. I just don’t see why people want Satoshi to catch a bunch of Pokémon in quick succession just to dump in Sakuragi Park instead of maybe giving some proper focus and achievements. Go is only getting Pokémon every episode because of his role, they don’t need training or battle time because his goal isn’t based around battling but Satoshi getting Pokémon and not using them or interacting with them on an episode basis feel off. That Kairyu saved his life and he had a heartfelt episode where he helped it evolve and learn how to fly. It should have gotten a secondary episode right after and some established moves (one thing I miss about previous series captures.) Thought he caught it for Dande but they’re seemingly focusing on G-MAX Pikachu so I dunno?

A lot fans on here just live through Ash. It may sound harsh, but is true. Just look at the speculation thread, 90% of the post are just posters listing Pokémon they personally like for Ash to capture even though the capture schtick is Go’s thing for the most part. Honestly, it is a bit annoying at this point.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Speaking solely for me but it's more about wanting a character I like being matched with a pokémon I like as well than anything else, really.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
So I really don't think Ash getting Litwick this episode is such a ridiculous idea.
It’s less of it being ridiculous and not making sense and more it just seems like a poor writing choice. I just don’t see it appealing for Satoshi to get a bunch of Pokémon in quick succession given his role. It’s jarring when he catches a final stage fully evolved pseudo then doesn’t do much with it nor has any signs of future developments happening. I would rather he get some more focus with the supposed two captures he has than dog pile on more? At least have his Kairyu show us a few moves at least?

A lot fans on here just live through Ash. It may sound harsh, but is true. Just look at the speculation thread, 90% of the post are just posters listing Pokémon they personal like for Ash to capture even though the capture schtick is Go’s thing for the most part. Honestly, it is a bit annoying at this point.
I won’t deny that, I know Satoshi is a lot people’s childhood hero it just seems weird for him to catch Pokémon inconsequentially. Traditional developments should happen at some point along with bonding past the capture episodes.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
If he's gonna catch something, I'd rather it be Litwick than Gengar. Chandelure is one of the best Ghost types out there. So is Golurk but that one seems pretty unlikely.

game3524

I won’t deny that, I know Satoshi is a lot people’s childhood hero it just seems weird for him to catch Pokémon inconsequentially. Traditional developments should happen at some point along with bonding past the capture episodes.

Yeah, it doesn't make much sense. The one capture Ash has gotten this series got an entire episode dedicated to it. I doubt that changes going forward, but we shall see.

Henry's Journey

A lot fans on here just live through Ash. It may sound harsh, but is true. Just look at the speculation thread, 90% of the post are just posters listing Pokémon they personal like for Ash to capture even though the capture schtick is Go’s thing for the most part. Honestly, it is a bit annoying at this point.

Look, Ash my favorite anime character of all time (out of all anime I've seen) BUT I know when it's a wild/nonsense theory and it's looking like every single pokemon that appears in a preview now some people will say it's going to be catched by Ash!? The same thing happened back in PM008 where some were saying (seriously) he was getting Piplup, I was like whattt? Last week was Drednaw. It's not realistic but well, people can think/say whatever they want.

My prediction is Litwick and Sandile are catched by Go and the raid Golurk by one of the new characters, Cofagrigus could attack them because of a trap.

Hyper Missingno

Look, Ash my favorite anime character of all time (out of all anime I've seen) BUT I know when it's a wild/nonsense theory and it's looking like every single pokemon that appears in a preview now some people will say it's going to be catched by Ash!? The same thing happened back in PM008 where some were saying (seriously) he was getting Piplup, I was like whattt? Last week was Drednaw. It's not realistic but well, people can think/say whatever they want.

Yeah, I think predicting catching a Pokemon like every episode is kind of getting too far. I, personally, think we should predict Ash's next Pokemon through merchandise and promotion (the poster one).

My prediction is Litwick and Sandile are catched by Go and the raid Golurk by one of the new characters, Cofagrigus could attack them because of a trap.

What about Darmanitan?

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Most Pokemon seen on trailers have more chance to go to Go rather than Ash... I know people are saying Ash to catch Litwick, but Go is more of to catch it than Ash, same with everything in this episode. I don't see Ash catching anything until that Gengar( even though I' would rather him catching Litwick than Gengar so he can slowly build up Litwick but doesn't Lampent evolve via trade?

Red and Blue

Most Pokemon seen on trailers have more chance to go to Go rather than Ash... I know people are saying Ash to catch Litwick, but Go is more of to catch it than Ash, same with everything in this episode. I don't see Ash catching anything until that Gengar( even though I' would rather him catching Litwick than Gengar so he can slowly build up Litwick but doesn't Lampent evolve via trade?
Lampent evolves with a Dusk Stone

Leonhart

Imagineer
i2i said:
Assuming the Litwick is wild and not owned by one of the other people appearing in this episode.

I think it's probably wild, but my main issue with the thought of Satoshi getting it is that there isn't much foreshadowing for it unlike when he caught Kairyu, which at least seemed more evident in the week before that episode aired since we saw Satoshi bonding with Hakuryu in a preview.

Status
Not open for further replies.