• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

February 23rd: PM2019 014: The First Visit to the Isshu Region! Raid Battle at the Ruins!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Don’t know why people prefer Litwick over Gengar. If ash gets a capture this episode I hope he get Darmanitan I think that it’s a Pokémon that’s always kinda fit him. I hope he catches gengar in the next few episodes when he appears again, Episode 16 I believe
Because Litwick isn't Gen 1 pandering, and Chandelure is popular enough without being overhyped.

World Turtle

It's less about him getting 2 ghost Pokemon and more about him getting 2 ghost Pokemon within 3 episodes

If it helps you could look at it as him catching a Fire type and a Poison type. And frankly Ash is overdue for a Ghost type or two. I’d also be happy if he got Trevenant.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
If there was Litwik line merch I'd be inclined to believe Ash would get it
Could still be hope for a Chandelure though, if it's not here.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ash3604 said:
Don’t know why people prefer Litwick over Gengar. If ash gets a capture this episode I hope he get Darmanitan I think that it’s a Pokémon that’s always kinda fit him. I hope he catches gengar in the next few episodes when he appears again, Episode 16 I believe

I think it's because Gangar is synonymous with Kanto, and a lot of fans around these parts are tired of the constant Kanto nostalgia pandering. Hitomoshi isn't quite as overexposed as Gangar, so I can somewhat understand the appeal of Satoshi possibly getting one even if I'm not necessarily on board with it myself.

World Turtle

If there was Litwik line merch I'd be inclined to believe Ash would get it
Could still be hope for a Chandelure though, if it's not here.

Since I don't want to totally rely on merch I want there to be some surprise captures that get merchandise revealed after they're caught.

There was nothing hinting at Gou getting Skwovet IIRC so maybe the same will hold true for Ash?

Zoruagible

Since I don't want to totally rely on merch I want there to be some surprise captures that get merchandise revealed after they're caught.

There was nothing hinting at Gou getting Skwovet IIRC so maybe the same will hold true for Ash?

Cause Charizard and Pikachu. All the heads of Pokemon have a hard on for pushing that Kanto propaganda!
Plus it was only around for like 30 seconds lol

dman_dustin

Well let's be clear, Dragonite hasn't been truly marketed outside of a few merch examples (the primary example being about Ash's Pokemon). It was primarily Dragonair that was heavily more focused on and Ash only caught Dragonite (sure it evolved from Dragonair, but still you'd think they would have pushed Dragonite a little bit harder than I guess until after he caught it, in which more and more merch was about Dragonite over Dragonair but it did primarily feature Dragonair prior to capture (or revealed merch)

My point is, I'm pretty sure we've had some Chandelure merchandise (I think there was at least one or two that showed Chandelure, like a toy that was with Lucario/Dragonite I think), but no Litwick or even Lampent, so I don't necessarily think it matters if there's no Litwick or heavy Litwick merchandise. Because capture or not, it still would be marketed and yet its not, which is otherwise bizarre, since I'm pretty sure most of the Pokemon being marketed aren't even going to be relevant anyway so why not have Litwick merchandise anyway.

Of course it's possible they are keeping some merchandise hidden as well. Kind of like "Satoshi Kurumiru" or "Ash's Sewaddle" and how it didn't have any merchandise outside of being known for being Ash's Pokemon (aka no Sewaddle merchandise at that time), and how there was a debate as to whether or not Ash was actually going to catch Sewaddle, and I was convinced because merchandise was leaked, but people disagreed thinking it was fake (or rather a typo). But it turned out to be real, Ash did in fact capture Sewaddle.

So there may not be general Litwick Merchandise, maybe because they want "Satoshi Hitomoshi" merchandise and want it to come out when he actually catches it (like what they were going for with Sewaddle). Perhaps even general Litwick merchandise is being hidden, perhaps they just want ONE thing to be hidden for one of the team members, and they figure Ash catching Litwick will be extremely "shocking" and out of the blue, and want to capitalize on it. If only because if Ash does then capture Riolu/Lucario, they probably aren't going to keep that as hidden.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Because Litwick isn't Gen 1 pandering, and Chandelure is popular enough without being overhyped.
Always found it weird Ash never got Chandelure considering it ranked #1 on the popularity poll (the same one that had Rowlet as #1 for Gen 7 Pokemon).

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Go looks really good here.Go is starting to become one of better characters,tbh, IMO.
People just need to give him a chance and fair enough time. It was really annoying to see all the hate on him in the beginning coz he was getting more attention than ash (deservedly so considering he's a co protagonist and ash has been developed for decades, plus ash still was very prevalent). I get his goal can be annoying to some but I also think it's a bit hypocritical. Everyone loved Crystal's goal from the manga, and Go imo is better handling the goal considering we continuously see his older pokemon

Zoruagible

People just need to give him a chance and fair enough time. It was really annoying to see all the hate on him in the beginning coz he was getting more attention than ash (deservedly so considering he's a co protagonist and ash has been developed for decades, plus ash still was very prevalent). I get his goal can be annoying to some but I also think it's a bit hypocritical. Everyone loved Crystal's goal from the manga, and Go imo is better handling the goal considering we continuously see his older pokemon

Well it ain't stopping. The Cubone episode just made it way stronger....

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
For some reason, I really love the contrast between Gou's nervous bishonen face, Satoshi's slightly puzzled expression, and Hibanny's complete lack of awareness in this situation. I also can't help but appreciate the 2020 version of surprised Pikachu face.
Pikachu is also super cute in that scene,honestly this series is really really good, and it's becoming really good. Honestly, I remember people making signatures back in BW days about shots in anime and some like commentary. This is perfect for that. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.